back-up and reserve team goalies demanding first team football and transfers

i know its probably been mentioned before but i just want to emphasise how sick of this i am. ive got a 19 year old demanding first team football over pepe reine. its a joke. spoiling my game at the minute. please please please sort this out with the patch.

i told them they are back ups when i signed them but the game seems to forget this.

If your not going to play them at all then you might as well sell as they are probably not going to reach their potential without any football. If your playing as Liverpool then there should be plenty of cup games to give them an occasional appearance and thus keep them happy.

Exactly the same thing happening in my save. Started with Rangers and had my 18yr old GK demand 1st team football, offered to send him out on loan but he flat out said no. I then moved to PSV and exactly the same happened. What I did though was tell them (assertively) that they were being unprofessional and rejected their transfer request and they would rot in the reserves. Two months down the line they came back on their knees apologizing for their outbursts :)

Happened with Neil Alexander too, I sold him to Liverpool after countless arguments wit me, he said to the media that he was relieved to leave Rangers to get his career back on track. £ years later and I find that Neil has joined Sheffield Wednesday in League 1 after making ZERO appearances in his "career reviving" spell at Liverpool

Exactly the same thing happening in my save. Started with Rangers and had my 18yr old GK demand 1st team football, offered to send him out on loan but he flat out said no. I then moved to PSV and exactly the same happened. What I did though was tell them (assertively) that they were being unprofessional and rejected their transfer request and they would rot in the reserves. Two months down the line they came back on their knees apologizing for their outbursts :)

Happened with Neil Alexander too, I sold him to Liverpool after countless arguments with me, he said to the media that he was relieved to leave Rangers to get his career back on track. 3 years later and I find that Neil has joined Sheffield Wednesday in League 1 after making ZERO appearances in his "career reviving" spell at Liverpool

Exactly the same thing happening in my save. Started with Rangers and had my 18yr old GK demand 1st team football, offered to send him out on loan but he flat out said no. I then moved to PSV and exactly the same happened. What I did though was tell them (assertively) that they were being unprofessional and rejected their transfer request and they would rot in the reserves. Two months down the line they came back on their knees apologizing for their outbursts

Happened with Neil Alexander too, I sold him to Liverpool after countless arguments wit me, he said to the media that he was relieved to leave Rangers to get his career back on track. £ years later and I find that Neil has joined Sheffield Wednesday in League 1 after making ZERO appearances in his "career reviving" spell at Liverpool

Check my I.P addy and compare it with this Steve R guy - I doubled posted due to browser problem - Hit quick post and it said leave page or stay on page - I clicked stay and nothing happened, so I refreshed and my post didnt show. Hit leave and it posted. I dunno who this Steve R is :S

If you manage one of the top english clubs it's fairly easy to keep players happy. You have plenty of league cup matches to do a "Wenger" with - field backup and youth prospects only. In addition there will be plenty of league and cup matches where you are the clear favourite to win - a good opportunity to give backup goalies and others some match time.

It is more difficult if you are not one of the top teams though, because the league cup will be considered important by the board, and you will also have fewer "easy" matches. It is also more difficult in other leagues/countries that don't have a "no. 2 cup", and often don't even have a organised reserves league.

If you're one of those that plays the same 11 players in every match, you will get problems with unhappy players. Some sort of rotation is needed. Playing as Arsenal, I have it fairly easy, and at the end of the season, none of my 22-25 first team players have less than 10-15 starts, and most of them have plenty of subs as well. Still got the odd unhappy player, of course, but hey ... that's life, and that's managing.

I have a reserve keeper who would be a good player for most Premiership teams. He's been with the team for 6 years and has always been my second choice behind my absolute beast of a keeper.

He has never complained once about a lack of first team football because as others have pointed out, you should give them cup matches and easy league matches occasionally. I tend to do pretty well in the CL so if I've qualified from the group stages early I'll play him (and still win because he is decent). I always play him in every League Cup match, most FA Cup matches, the Euro Super Cup, Community Shield and World Club Championship. He is 24 now and has only played in 10 league matches in his 6 year career with me but like I say, he hasn't complained once.

The only possible problem I could envisage in the future is if we get knocked out of all cup competitions early in the season. Might get a bit tricky then especially if the title race is close, but other than that scenario it has been incredibly easy to keep him happy and it is certainly not one of the things that should be on top of the agenda for the next patch because if you manage your reserve keeper well, there will be no problem.

i know its probably been mentioned before but i just want to emphasise how sick of this i am. ive got a 19 year old demanding first team football over pepe reine. its a joke. spoiling my game at the minute. please please please sort this out with the patch.

i told them they are back ups when i signed them but the game seems to forget this.

what is his squad status? if you have them as backup then the first team football would not be a big issue (my backup gk with backup status hasn't complained although he does not not play. he only gets a few games a season in total)

It depends on how good your backup goalie is also. They seem to "know" how good they are in relation to the first team goalie, and as soon as the youngster or backup is good enough (PA), he will expect to get a few matches. As long as they are miles away from your first choice keeper in stats and PA, they tend to sit it out and wait.

Archived