The Wall of Silence

I have noted SI's stance on patch queries - "it's out when it's out". I'd like to offer my (humble) points of view.

Like some others, I'm waiting for the patch to begin a career game. The reasons I'm waiting are as follows : -

1. SI, as far as I know, have advised that to obtain all benefits of a new patch/update, it is better start a new game;

2. Prefer to start with January trasfers;

3. (Even) better gameplay - more bugs eradicated;

4. Consistency (existing tactics not affected by improvements to match engine, tactics etc).

I checked today to see if the patch/update was released and admit I was disappointed it wasn't. I appreciate SI's efforts. Equally, I'm sure they appreciate it can be frustrating when waiting.

I understand the reason SI adopt a Wall of Silence to progess on the update is that they don't want to be held to dates they suggest in good faith which can't be met on fair and reasonable grounds. No doubt if they mentioned a date which could not be adhered to, some would throw their toys out of their prams. However, there are many who wouldn't and I beleive these people also deserve consideration. I would like SI to reconsider and take on board the views of the many who wait silently and patiently and who would appreciate updates from time to time. Provisional updates from SI would be far preferable than checking here on a daily (or for some far more regular) basis (for some at least!).

I hope the patch/update is a great success. I think it is a pity we're so in dark about its time frame for release.

They are in the DARK as much as we are!!! It's ready when it's ready!!!

Calm down. NOBODY EVER releases details on EXACT release dates for fixes! EVER.

Just wait. No point in thread after thread after thread after thread...

Can someone put a flashing blinking siren on the forums that reflects this?

They are in the DARK as much as we are!!! It's ready when it's ready!!!

Calm down. NOBODY EVER releases details on EXACT release dates for fixes! EVER.

Just wait. No point in thread after thread after thread after thread...

Can someone put a flashing blinking siren on the forums that reflects this?

A million recommends. when they have something to tell us, they will. Have some patience

There's a lot of reasons update dates are not announced. Simply because they might feel they'll have it ready by a certain date, then find a problem and then backlash.

I don't know a software company that announces updates? From my smartphone to very very very very expensive software I own.

Updates come as they come.

For SI the update last year came at 8 March. If by April there's no word, then complain...

Can you imagine what would happen if SI said that we are releasing the patch tomorow at 8am. Then during the night while finishing up and getting ready tp post it, they discover an error that was misssed. So they cant post the patch because of an unforseen bug. Now the everyone will go crazy because they said the patch would be out and its not. Bait and switch, conspiracies, end of the world posts will be posted and everyone will go crazy because it wasnt out when they said it would.

Just relax and go outside or read a book, the patch will be posted when its ready.

Archived