Most important stats?

I generally only sign players with determination of 15 or higher, but I signed Christian Benitez with determination of only 12, and the man is a goal machine. 50 goals in 40 games.

My other main man, Christian Eriksen also only has 12 determination, and he has 8 goals and 20 assists in 27 games.

Have I put too much emphasis on determination?

I got very fond of anticipation in the 2011 version. Had this brilliant MC with 4 in anticipation. He scored from long rang, scored from short range but couldn't hit any player who was just starting their runs and looking like a chicken when trying to mark someone. Trying to play with a striker having 9 anticipation in a top division club is also a pain. Low anticipation=no feel for the game.

Other qualities that I value: I rarely sign players with lower than 12 determination (damn you, Hazard!).

Player with low determination (below 10) can play well, too, but in the long run they're not worth the money and effort. Also, as others have said, anticipation and decision are very important if you want intelligent and pragmatic play.

Except Influence, I look at all the Mental attributes starting with Determination. I only look at regens now in the 9th season, and since Aggression and Bravery are both rare in good players, and Composure and Concentration are important for all players along with Anticipation and Decisions, and Teamwork and Work Rate are essential at 15+... yeah. The physique and technique can always be trained, but most of these attributes only increase over time and cannot be focused on, so that whole column is actually essential for all players.

A potential wonderkid can't have too many mental attributes below 10-11 at the age 16, and since Tutoring is such a gamble I'd say that anything less than Fairly Professional should just be ignored.

If you issue warnings to players after a poor performance, there's a chance their determination / workrate will go up. Determination will also go up if you tutor low determination players by tutors with higher determination.

Determination is more important the lower in quality your team is compared to other teams in your league.

Personally, the only attribute I like in all positions is high consistency.

I do agree wiht the consistency point. I know its hidden but id rather have a team of consitently good players, rather than a team of absoloutely brilliant players who cant play well two weeks in a row.

I find creativity to be extremely important for almost every player on the pitch specially if you want to play a possession game, when i get to a point where i'm one of the top teams in the world i won't sign players below a certain level of technique,creativity,anticipation,decisions and passing.

Do people rate teamwork for defenders?

I look for teamwork in full backs and central mids but little else. I dont really think any particular attribute is more important than the rest overall, i quite like having determined players, but i wont pass a player up if that is too low. I also enjoy the risk and the ride of signing temperamental players and those with poorer attitudes, when you do get a good season out of them it feels so much better than watching your model pro players stay consistent all year round.

To be honest the first thing i really look at for any player is their performances, if they are high, in a good league im not really interested in their attributes. My main striker right now is a very temperamental guy who has fallen out with several players and is on no ones fav list despite him now being a club legend, he also has stats you would think twice about if your were a bottom epl team, BUT he performs season in season out so i dont mind.

Determination is more important the worse your team is. As it's good for things like bouncing back from poor morale, ect. So if you're a title challenging side, then it's better to have talented players than determined players.

Archived