This made me laugh, except not really

I was on an absolutely ridiculous run with Nottingham Forest. I was on a run of 74 games unbeaten in ALL competitions. I'd beaten Barcelona at Camp Nou, Madrid at the bernabau. It was early in the season as most of this run occurred midway through the last season where I didn't lose a match in any competitions after my League cup exit. Annoyingly I did have one loss in that year, so it wasn't quite an invincibles season.

Anyway, I was fast approaching Forest's record for most games without a loss in the league. I did manage to equal it, but there were some hard fixtures towards the end. United away and Chelsea at home were the only two I had to win to be at 45 games without a loss in the league, 5 short of beating Arsenal's record.

The hard work was done. I'd beaten the big boys and now I just had to see off Stoke, Blackburn, Wolves, Leicester (would have been sweet to equal Arsenal's record at an away rival match) and then to finish it I just had to beat Wigan at home.

And after pumping my fist in the air and shouting "F&%$ yes! Have that! Move over Arsenal, your record is fading away every second!" after beating United at Old Trafford (in a very tight and nervy game, they nearly scored in the 83rd minute but we somehow got it off the line and then launched a counter attack to score the winning goal).

So anyway, Stoke first up now after doing the hard work. Star striker injured for 3 months but I have such squad depth that it shouldn't matter.

Half time, 0-0. Hmm I think. But then I look at the stats and realise that it was just one of those halves where nothing goes our way. 5 CCCs and 4 other chances. They only had 1 shot and it was off target so with a kick up the arse (which they all responded positively too) and a couple of subs and tactical tweaks, should be able to rescue this.

And we played some utterly beautiful football in the second half. We were tearing them to pieces, carving them up like a knife through hot butter.

But we just couldn't score. Hit the woodwork 3 times but couldn't get one in. Around 80 minutes I just thought "At least I'm not going to lose, so the run will go on". And then we got a penalty and I made a massive sigh of relief.

But of course we missed the penalty, and Stoke launched what must have been their first counter attack in the entire match and scored a winner in the 86th minute.

:mad::

It was their second shot all game by the way. But then that can happen with football so just got to get the focus back on winning trophies for a while. Already into the knockout stages of the CL after a flawless group stage and in the semis of the league cup and despite the loss to Stoke I'm still 4 points clear at the top of the CL with two games in hand over those below me (World CC thing).

I just can't believe that after all of the matches that we've avoided defeat in, including 5 cup finals if you include the less prestigious ones (but still including the FA Cup and CL), that bloody Stoke that ends our run. I'd rather United had beaten us now!

But on the positive it's given me the motivation to make sure I at least beat Arsenal's 49 game record. Realistically I'm not sure I can hope to beat the no losing in 74 matches in all competitions. Would love to break that and maybe even get a century but I have a feeling this run is going to be a once in a lifetime thing, I'd be very surprised if I did it again in the same save.

I was on an absolutely ridiculous run with Nottingham Forest. I was on a run of 74 games unbeaten in ALL competitions. I'd beaten Barcelona at Camp Nou, Madrid at the bernabau. It was early in the season as most of this run occurred midway through the last season where I didn't lose a match in any competitions after my League cup exit. Annoyingly I did have one loss in that year, so it wasn't quite an invincibles season.

Anyway, I was fast approaching Forest's record for most games without a loss in the league. I did manage to equal it, but there were some hard fixtures towards the end. United away and Chelsea at home were the only two I had to win to be at 45 games without a loss in the league, 5 short of beating Arsenal's record.

The hard work was done. I'd beaten the big boys and now I just had to see off Stoke, Blackburn, Wolves, Leicester (would have been sweet to equal Arsenal's record at an away rival match) and then to finish it I just had to beat Wigan at home.

And after pumping my fist in the air and shouting "F&%$ yes! Have that! Move over Arsenal, your record is fading away every second!" after beating United at Old Trafford (in a very tight and nervy game, they nearly scored in the 83rd minute but we somehow got it off the line and then launched a counter attack to score the winning goal).

So anyway, Stoke first up now after doing the hard work. Star striker injured for 3 months but I have such squad depth that it shouldn't matter.

Half time, 0-0. Hmm I think. But then I look at the stats and realise that it was just one of those halves where nothing goes our way. 5 CCCs and 4 other chances. They only had 1 shot and it was off target so with a kick up the arse (which they all responded positively too) and a couple of subs and tactical tweaks, should be able to rescue this.

And we played some utterly beautiful football in the second half. We were tearing them to pieces, carving them up like a knife through hot butter.

But we just couldn't score. Hit the woodwork 3 times but couldn't get one in. Around 80 minutes I just thought "At least I'm not going to lose, so the run will go on". And then we got a penalty and I made a massive sigh of relief.

But of course we missed the penalty, and Stoke launched what must have been their first counter attack in the entire match and scored a winner in the 86th minute.

:mad::

It was their second shot all game by the way. But then that can happen with football so just got to get the focus back on winning trophies for a while. Already into the knockout stages of the CL after a flawless group stage and in the semis of the league cup and despite the loss to Stoke I'm still 4 points clear at the top of the CL with two games in hand over those below me (World CC thing).

I just can't believe that after all of the matches that we've avoided defeat in, including 5 cup finals if you include the less prestigious ones (but still including the FA Cup and CL), that bloody Stoke that ends our run. I'd rather United had beaten us now!

But on the positive it's given me the motivation to make sure I at least beat Arsenal's 49 game record. Realistically I'm not sure I can hope to beat the no losing in 74 matches in all competitions. Would love to break that and maybe even get a century but I have a feeling this run is going to be a once in a lifetime thing, I'd be very surprised if I did it again in the same save.

Did you really do that?

Cool, looks like I broke these two:

Most Games Won In Row - GunmaN1905 - Internazionale - 21 - Proof

Most Games Without Losing - GunmaN1905 - Internazionale - 69 -Proof

However I did use geniescout so that probably counts as cheating. But in case if anyone thinks it's still pretty good even with geniescout, here's the screenie with the two relevant records:

NottmForestHistory_Records.png

its not that unbelievable, in fm that is. you can get a championship side into top 4 or better in about 3-4 seasons. tehn the OP has probably dominated for 4-5-6 seasons. I can see that being true........ :)

If you're a whiz with the tactics, and you use Genie Scout, the game can be very easy indeed. I know because I'm pretty clever with regard to setting up my team of and making tactical changes mid game and all. But I'm rubbish when it comes to bringing in the right players, and at the right price, ect. So if I use Genie Scout, where it says exactly how much it costs to buy players (as well as all their hidden stats), then I start tearing things up.

And also how did you manage it by 2020, Forest are in stupid debt in the game. It wasn't just genie scout was it.
Erm yes it was. They got promoted in their first season under McLaren then got relegated which gave them the massive parachute payment that relegated sides get. I'd done incredibly well with Farnborough in winning both FA Trophies, and winning both leagues. I think there was a bug in one of the earlier versions that gave you a higher rep than you should, my rep was semi pro and after two seasons I got the Forest job. I had 9 million to spend in my first season, the best buy being David Goodwillie who scored a pretty incredible 42 league goals. Next season I had just over 10 million to spend, 17 the next and by this time I was doing pretty well in the league and had just got into the Champions League (won it in the first season but was incredibly flukey, we only had about 3 shots in the final to Real Madrid's 20 odd). We are now the 3rd richest English club, although we do have a £60,000,000 loan to repay to the chairman when he leaves (although he is dead in real life :().

And I've said that I think I am cheating a bit with Geniescout, so if I'm willing to admit I'm cheating with that then I'd have no reason to lie about anything else as none of it will count as records due to geniescout.

And also, if I was cheating in other ways do you really think I would post a thread about being so close to a record and not getting it? Of course not, I'd just save and reload, but I will not and have never done that, I know geniescout is a form of cheating but it's one I'm comfortable with, but I am not comfortable with FMRTE or reloading lost matches.

If you're a whiz with the tactics, and you use Genie Scout, the game can be very easy indeed. I know because I'm pretty clever with regard to setting up my team of and making tactical changes mid game and all. But I'm rubbish when it comes to bringing in the right players, and at the right price, ect. So if I use Genie Scout, where it says exactly how much it costs to buy players (as well as all their hidden stats), then I start tearing things up.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I do. Maybe one day I'll decide to go all the way and use nothing, may even try proper LLM, but for now I just love dominating with the team I support, because there's absolutely no chance of it happening in real life :D.

Archived