Why does the PPMs "Hit free kick with power" and "Shoot with power" suck so hard?

As the title says, why?

I've tried these PPMs with players that have relatively poor attributes and with players that have world class attributes. But no matter what these PPMs make the player totally incapable of hitting the goal.

Have I been extremely unlucky or are these PPMs only there to make players worse?

Hmmm, note to self: Next time I sell a striker with transfer due in a couple or more months. Make him learn to shoot with power...

Try adding "Shoots from distance" as well. Then they'll be really useless!

I think it's a match engine thing, it's currently geared to benefit strikers who place shots rather than hitting them with power. Free kicks as well, the only ones I've scored in 12+ seasons have been placed over the wall into the corner.

As the title says, why?

I've tried these PPMs with players that have relatively poor attributes and with players that have world class attributes. But no matter what these PPMs make the player totally incapable of hitting the goal.

Have I been extremely unlucky or are these PPMs only there to make players worse?

Hmmm, note to self: Next time I sell a striker with transfer due in a couple or more months. Make him learn to shoot with power...

Shoots with powers works very well in the right place, ie central players.

Cant really say on free kicks, because on the whole free kicks arent great in game

Have read of this: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/257593-Shoots-With-Power-versus-Places-Shots

I only use one central striker and after I learned him (now sold to PSG) the move of shooting with power suddenly he was only a danger to the fans behind goal (and cars parked behind stadium).

Free kicks are really great I believe. Normally I get like 5-10 goals this way a season. But no more, though, after I learned my main free kick taker to take free kicks with power. After this (one season ago) he hasn't even hit the goal once. Either he hits the wall or power the ball a long way from goal.

Hmm, guess I just has make him unlearn the move - what a waste of training :(

Archived