Is career pre programmed

I have been playing FM for a number of years now and the same career pattern emerges each time. I know computers can never have true randomisation as all programmes have to run on instructions, but it would be great if the programmes were more random. For example if you start off in the championship with a team expected to perform well I always miss promotion the first year get promoted second year, (after avoiding sack half way through season, by not saving a run of bad results, then replaying them, which results in a better run) get relegated in first year, then promoted again ( again following sacking avoidance).

If you start as a top premier team or say top foreign team the first season always goes well with sacking in second season. It makes no difference how you play the game or what players you have, the eventual pattern always emerges, despite how differently you play. I have never tried to completely screw up a career, to see if I would still follow the pattern above.

Can SI build into next years game more randomness into careers so that we can feel that we are in control of our own destiny and not simply playing out the programme.

If you think it is pre programmed try playing without a goalkeeper for two seasons and see if you still get promoted the secondyear !

There is a general pattern when playing FM, I start with Southend and work up the divisions getting promoted every 2 or 3 years then have about 3 seasons in premiership just hitting midtable then start getting in top 4.

However thats just the game, its possible to get smaller teams promoted so you end up doing so.

Yes able.ryder random results happen in real football, the very best teams sometimes lose to lower league teams.

as i said jamman havnt played the game and tried to ruin a career by doing things like you suggested.

My point is that any programme has to have rules on which it runs, no programme can work on like the roll of a dice say, it has to be told how to pick a number.

I think that you'll find it is the way you approach & play the game that is pre-programmed, if you take an honest look at your saves can you say that you did anything drastically different in one save compared to another?

If you buy the same (type of) players & use the same tactics in each save then you deserve an e-slap for even wondering why you get a similar overall result. ;)

Yes able.ryder random results happen in real football, the very best teams sometimes lose to lower league teams.

as i said jamman havnt played the game and tried to ruin a career by doing things like you suggested.

My point is that any programme has to have rules on which it runs, no programme can work on like the roll of a dice say, it has to be told how to pick a number.

There are certain patterns that seem to appear. These are mainly the career paths of certain managers and players. They tend to progress by being purchased by certain teams and then ending up at the same big teams. In terms of my personal success I disagree with your career path. I find in England you can be successful very quickly due to the amount of money available to clubs in terms of TV and prize money. In other leagues it is definitely a slower process to grow and improve a club/team. I think it depends on the habit of the manager. If you tend to buy similar players and use similar tactics your results will be similar. If you buy players your scouts recommend (rather than those you already know) and use various tactics then your results will be different. Like any program there will be some things that regularly happen and patterns will emerge but I have found each game to be quite different.

For example if you start off in the championship with a team expected to perform well I always miss promotion the first year get promoted second year, (after avoiding sack half way through season, by not saving a run of bad results, then replaying them, which results in a better run)

If you get better results after not saving and then reloading, surely that proves it isn't pre-programmed?

how can the AI achieve random results, it has to have a programme to tell it what to do. my point is the same pattern emerge no matter how differently you play. (obviously doing the things jamman suggests would produce different results)

I don't recognize anything of what you describe, so no that is firm evidence that it is your way of playing the game that produces similar results between savegames. It is also the logical conclusion regardless of what anyone else would experience.

The games have random elements, but if you play a team not as good as you you will more likely than not win.

As you do the same thing each FM game you play, ie take control, improve the team the next year, then the year after then the overall arc of the game will of course be similar.

I find Fm2010 onwards actually made it harder to go from league two, its still probably easier to do than it should be but I do have more ups and downs than I used to in older version.

Archived