What would people like to see a thread on?

Ive recently finished writing up a thread on Scouting and Buying (link at bottom of page) and really enjoyed the task. I would like to start up another thread/guide and thought lets ask the community what they think. So yeah any ideas let me know, also if you have any constructive criticism about the piece ive already done let me know how you'd change it.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/296458-A-Scouts-Guide-to-Scouting-From-Hiring-to-Buying

Match Preparation?

Training?

Match Prep is a pretty good shout actually, maybe the whole aspect of preparing for matches including press, team selection, countering opposition and the actual match prep options

EDIT: Just seen Cleons post, oh well wanted to go for something not been done before that would actually help. Any ideas then Cleoen?

Match Prep is a pretty good shout actually, maybe the whole aspect of preparing for matches including press, team selection, countering opposition and the actual match prep options

EDIT: Just seen Cleons post, oh well wanted to go for something not been done before that would actually help. Any ideas then Cleoen?

Match prep would be good if you go into detail like you said above though not seen a thread that indepth about it. Although I'm not sure how far you could actually talk about Match Prep though as its basic and rather limiting.

Match prep would be good if you go into detail like you said above though not seen a thread that indepth about it. Although I'm not sure how far you could actually talk about Match Prep though as its basic and rather limiting.

Like I mentioned I could go into everything regarding preperation for a match but you are right it is rather limiting. Although a lot of threads that pop up about people always getting beat etc is because of incorrect preperation countering threats etc..

Maybe one on how to counter specific threats?

Like I mentioned I could go into everything regarding preperation for a match but you are right it is rather limiting. Although a lot of threads that pop up about people always getting beat etc is because of incorrect preperation countering threats etc..

Maybe one on how to counter specific threats?

How about making it all about 'the next opposition' then. Then you could do media, team talk examples, match prep and so on.

How about making it all about 'the next opposition' then. Then you could do media, team talk examples, match prep and so on.

Yeah maybe so maybe so, not a bad idea. Would probably be pretty helpful to a lot of people as well. Ill have a look see what I could pop into it.

Maybe a guide on how to develop a player showing all the steps since signing him up,tutoring, the training schedule, loans and showing his evolution.

It's something that is asked constantly.

Thats a good idea but I dont have the screenies from the youngsters I do currently have to show this, and to start a new game to do it would take me ages to write the guide to actually develop the player if you understand me

What about a guide about which clubs are good to start with for different scernarios in different countries? i for one would like this. Also i think which clubs to affiliate with would be good. So is getting a WP affiliate more important than a local affiliate etc?

You could also extend this by including links to any good mods you come accross. for example, if you downloaded Uncle Ron's lower league mod you could then write which clubs have potential to expand (near cities etc)

Thats a good idea but I dont have the screenies from the youngsters I do currently have to show this, and to start a new game to do it would take me ages to write the guide to actually develop the player if you understand me

I do :) Maybe on the next time you start a save then.

I think its looking like using the opposition scout reports and explointing the opposition, that seems to be the overriding faviourite. Some other good shouts though. Ill try and make a start later this afternoon and see what I can come up with :)

Probably include

-What the opposition report means

-How to exploit weakness in AI Formation

-How to exploit weaknesses in AI Player weakspots

-How to combat opposition strengths i.e best players

-Handling the media

-Reacting to situations in match i.e going 1 down, red cards

Anything else people think could go in?

I think its looking like using the opposition scout reports and explointing the opposition, that seems to be the overriding faviourite. Some other good shouts though. Ill try and make a start later this afternoon and see what I can come up with :)

Probably include

-Handling the media

As long as its something that you know really well, something you are an expert on, I would say that any subject works for me

As long as its something that you know really well, something you are an expert on, I would say that any subject works for me

See now when I wrote the thread on scouting that ive posted in the OP I would say I was an "expert" but I learnt from doing. I would say im good at working out the opposition but not an "expert". In that thread I aimed to create a starting point for discussion, because obviosuly everyone wont agree with me. If you see what im saying

Probably include

-Handling the media

The first three points on that list would be very helpful indeed. I quite liked the simplistic reports of FM10 where you could get a decent idea of what to expect without it going overboard. Now I daresay that the extra info in the latest version is great, but it's very impenetrable and I often find myself just changing the Match Prep and hoping for the best.

One more aspect of match prep is targeting opposition players in the media to unsettle them. A decent guide for how to read their mental stats (courage, morale, personality) and damage their confidence would be a welcome addition to the usually too-general match prep guides.

The first three points on that list would be very helpful indeed. I quite liked the simplistic reports of FM10 where you could get a decent idea of what to expect without it going overboard. Now I daresay that the extra info in the latest version is great, but it's very impenetrable and I often find myself just changing the Match Prep and hoping for the best.

Ill go for that then, ill make a start over the weekend :D

Any kind of comprehensive guide which helps to understand how certain aspects of the game work would be brilliant.

Something like how to get the max out of tutoring. How to get the max out of sending players on loan. How to spot and exploit opposition weaknesses. Doing team talks. Interacting with your players.

And so on.

I love reading threads where people provide a lot of data evidence and then suggest a conclusion or start a discussion about what it should be :thup:

Will be making a start on a thread this aft, it will be regarding, Opposition reports, exploiting AI weaknesses in players and formations and combatting strenghts. Im not saying the guide itself is going to be revoloutinary but as in my other thread I hope it will be the discussion where things will get interesting, Ill link it in here when Ive got the first part done

a when is the patch out thread :p

perhaps a thread on what formaitions current real life managers use

There are enough of them already round the forums just do a search im sure you could find something ;)

Why would that be helpful?

Archived