Scouts won't speak to me!

I'm currently in my second season with Newcastle and no scouts want to join the club, my media prediction is 6th, I finished 2nd the first season and won the League Cup yet the best scout on the top of my staff search is my own and then the rest are awful.

If I un-tick 'unrealistic transfers' their is obviously all the best ones in the world and none of them want to even talk about negotiations. I've got better scouts than I currently have in a different saved game in the Championship.

I have a lot of room in my wage budget so I know it's not that, i'd like an official answer from SI if possible because it's starting to kill my saved game because I can't scout regens properly.

I've experienced exactly the same with Aston Villa. If I start up a save with them, very few scouts want to talk to me. Never experienced it with any other team, though. Got to be a bug, surely?

Have you tried posting a job advert in the job centre? usually returns a few decent scouts..

Also, if its any help, and if they are still without a club, these decent scouts should be happy to join..

Steve Martin

Paul Montgomery

Steve Nickson

David Mills

Alan Miller

Gianluca Nani

Ricky Spragia

Barry Whitbread

Glen Letheren

Haven't a clue what to do, even if a official reply is given about something being wrong a value of some kind that I can change to make it normal I will download the in game editor for one change because this is annoying.

What do you consider to be good scouts? The ones with high reputation? Those will be reluctant to join Newcastle I suppose, because whether you like it or not, Newcastle don't have a very high rep themselves these days. I bet if you used e.g FM Scout to search for scouts with good stats, you would find plenty who would like to join - but maybe not those with high rep ... and that really does not matter.

What do you consider to be good scouts? The ones with high reputation? Those will be reluctant to join Newcastle I suppose, because whether you like it or not, Newcastle don't have a very high rep themselves these days. I bet if you used e.g FM Scout to search for scouts with good stats, you would find plenty who would like to join - but maybe not those with high rep ... and that really does not matter.

No honestly mate, when I usually am a team just promoted to the Premiership or even in the Championship, I can attract better scouts than what is currently on my staff search list. Their's usually the same old faces, Gilmar Francisco, Kadu, Alexandre Ceolin who come for peanuts and they won't even come, i've tried approaching literally 40+ scouts and none want to even consider it.

FatBarStud: That's just the thing, none of these even want to talk.

I see.

There is sure something wrong here then Aust and lewis999, several of the scouts I listed are even happy to join Sheff Utd at the start of a new game, so they should jump at the chance to join Newcastle and Villa etc.

Hope you find a fix

Its a bug in the game, has been posted in the bugs forum and an SI guy has said they will be hoping to fix it with the new patch. I had it with Villa and Newcastle and then signed all these scouts for Brighton so i checked in bugs forum and loads of people have reported it. Also affects Derby and Huddersfield apparently.

So it's only specific teams it affects? If that's so, they must have a value in the editor somewhere that isn't allowing them to sign scouts. Can't think what it would be though.

Its a bug in the game, has been posted in the bugs forum and an SI guy has said they will be hoping to fix it with the new patch. I had it with Villa and Newcastle and then signed all these scouts for Brighton so i checked in bugs forum and loads of people have reported it. Also affects Derby and Huddersfield apparently.

I have had no Issues signing scouts on my huddersfield save

Archived