Player Language

Hello,

i got a question wether or not it has some sort of influence when you have lets say 11 people on the field which none of them speaks the same language

iam playing a safe atm and i bought lots of players over last 3-4 years, who are all very good for the league iam playing in with although my results are quite dissapointing although i got promoted 3 years ago with the same tactic and crushed the league, but had obviously alot of home country players in my team

now that iam in the first division my squad can have 17 foreigners, so i got pretty much 17 ppl from 17 different countrys more or less~

It has a huge impact.

If you look at your assistant manager's pre-match feedback, he'll say "players x and y are having serious trouble blending into the squad because of the language barrier". For all the talk about football being a universal language, if nobody in your team speaks the same language then they won't gel as well on the pitch - even if the tactic familiarity is 'fluid'.

Try to make sure that when you buy foreign players, that they speak the language of your league's country - i.e. if I'm managing in England and I'm choosing between two players for my first XI, I might sign the one who speaks English, even if he is slightly less talented - because he'll fit in quicker and make an impact sooner. If it's not feasible, if there's a player I really want who just doesn't speak English, I look to see if at least one or two other regular first team players speak a language he knows; again, he'll fit in okay, and after about a year or year and a half, he'll learn English.

What you can do to solve your situation? Set match preparation to 'teamwork' throughout the week (change it the day before the match to a specific focus) - if you leave match preparation to your assistant manager I notice they tend not to use 'teamwork', so do it yourself. Other than that, just wait - eventually they'll start to settle in, learn the language, and get used to playing together. In the meantime it might be worth using as many home grown / local players who speak the language as possible, so that at least you have a settled core of the team

When you do a lot of transfer even if they are good players team doesn't seem to be playing well , I think the main reason for that is the language differance.

That is down to signing a lot of players. If you are managing an English team and sign 10 English speaking players they will not gel together at first.

Exactly. When you sign new players, irrespective of language, they need time to gel - to get used to playing together, and to get used to your tactics. Add a language barrier to that and the process takes longer. Add homesickness, and well...you may just have been better off looking elsewhere :p Otherwise, just be patient. Time is a great healer :p

Archived