Newgen/Long-term game question

Hi,

The last few releases of FM have annoyed me for a particular reason; some newgen stats were consistently silly. I'm thinking in particular of the many CBs in my games that were ridiculously short (5'5" - 5'8") and poor at heading. Also far too many CMs who had sky-high pace/acceleration.

Can anyone tell me if these irregularities have been fixed? I gather that some have complained that there are too many really good newgens.

Thanks.

They did a better job with newgens this year, in my opinion. There was a feature introduced this year where the newgens nationality has more influence on their positions and attributes. For example, more natural wingbacks than fullbacks from brazil. If a country is famous for producing a certain type of player, FM is supposed to do a better job of reflecting that this year.

There is a lack of striker/forwrd regens with high creativity and flair, suited to be trained as a striker trequartista. More luck if you try to find attacking midfielders with these traits, but they are often very hard to re-train to a striker role.

Things have SLIGHTLY improved, but the average newgen is still flawed in one way or another...

In terms of weird attributes, I think there's an odd frequency of great Set Pieces takers who are however pretty useless at everything else. Same goes for pacey MCs...

Also most newgens are suffering from various degrees of "Balotellitis", so even those with great attributes can still turn out to be liabilities or underachievers/underperformers due to awful mental traits.

So, yeah, the new "nationality trends" are ok, but the basic patterns still need improving

Argentina CM's... please no more!

This! There are 5 World Class Argentinian CM's in my save. All have 18-20 passing with 14-19 tackling, immense pace and determination stat. I signed one, two play for Real Madrid, One for Marseille £34m.. and the other plays for Boca.

Thanks for the replies.

As I suspected, it seems that these oddities and flaws in newgens are still very common. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they shouldn't exist, just that they shouldn't show up with such regularity. What's unforgivable in my view is that these problems - in some cases - have been present for the last 3 or 4 versions of the game.

Very disappointing.

Thanks again for your help.

Central defenders with good mental attributes (aggression, anticipation, bravery, composure, concentration, decisions, teamwork) are really hard to find. This is a disappearing player type.

Strikers and wingers with incredible quickness become the normal state of things after a few years. A full Player Search page of 19 and 20 Pace strikers struck me as odd yesterday... 17 Pace is very high in the original database.

As was said above, very few strikers and wingers with creativity. That is something connected to the AMC position and therefore I retrain them a lot.

Full backs use all their CA on quickness, and there are very few with dribbling and crossing over 10.

Wing Backs don't have high stamina and work rate, which is odd. Without those you aren't a wingback at all...

Tall DMC's are disappearing. I find it odd that the French-Africans dominating this player type in the original database turns into tiny, fast DMC's after a few years.

The best regen GK's are good at everything - unlike in the original database where they have strengths and weaknesses. The CA development model for GK's apparently leaves plenty of PA to increase all the relevant attributes to 16+, which I think makes them very generic.

Other than this, regens are better than ever.

Claude Makelele and Lassana Diarra are listed 1,70 m tall and they aren't agressive like let's say Gattuso

yes I would sign a high PA tiny DM with aggression stat 6

gonna give you a regen from fm11

florinmihaiprofileattri.png

so a 1,76 m defensive midfielder/ defender with jumping 6 and aggression 5, but still the best defender and the best defensive midfielder in my game

That would not do in my system/tactics, because the DC's and the DM are the only really tall and strong players I have, the rest are smaller, more technical and creative players. The DM is the one I rely on to bring some muscle and stability in the midfield, and the one I use to intimidate the oppositions midfielders with. Actually aggression is more important that bulk, but with such small agg stats ... that just don't make sense to me.

Btw - Makelele is built like a brick house, and created instant respect from the opposition whenever he was on the pitch, never shy to use a bit of force and tackle. I haven't really looked at his stats in FM for a long time, but if his agg is less than 7 or 8, it is clearly wrong. It is the combo that just seems a waste to me, small, not strong, and with low agg as well ... can't see that working well, me. No sir - I am looking for players like Patrick Vieira, and sadly there doesn't seem to be any regens coming up with those traits.

Where is the "new" Vieira, and where is the new Messi, RVP, Torres? (Complete forward or trequartista types) When there is an abundance of new Xavi's, Iniesta's and Fabregas'es, Walcott's and Andy Carroll's. In 2024 wih my latest save now, and there still aren't any decent ball-playing DC prospects, like Gerard Pique, in sight.

One thing I've noticed in the newgens I've come across is a relatively low teamwork rating. Many have a 7 or 8. Also, many of the attacking midfielders have the high acc/pace combo. I'm also finding it difficult to find basic wide players (M L/R) as most seem to be AM L/R. Plenty of beefed-up technical attributes for strikers, with average mental ones. Oddly, have yet to find a high mental att. player that's only decent in terms of technical ability.

And I can't wait for the quality to be turned down for the non-loaded nations!!!

Archived