Upgrading Stadiums

So I'm Shrewsbury, in the championship. I have a very happy chairman and the company has 1.3 million in the bank and we have a aquad of low wage players so the financial system looks good. However we're maxing attendance nearly every game and the board know this but they don't believe they have the funds to expand. Now united just upgraded their stadium up to 93,000 and I could swear it cost them 76k. How much money do I ideally need before the board will sanction this?

The problem is that their new stadium was built IRL on 2007, apparently the game will only allow new stadiums after 20 years, are you at 20.000 already?

I'm also managing Shrewsbury and i'm on 2023.. only 4 more years to wait!

edit: I read the OP wrongly.. never mind my post.

Not true. I got a new board at Arsenal, with a sugar daddy chairman. The board decided - without me asking for it - to build a totally new stadium in 2017, I think it was. Just eleven years after the old one was finished, and only for an upgrade of 20.000 seats. Go figure.

Not true. I got a new board at Arsenal, with a sugar daddy chairman. The board decided - without me asking for it - to build a totally new stadium in 2017, I think it was. Just eleven years after the old one was finished, and only for an upgrade of 20.000 seats. Go figure.

Got screenshots for this?

And even though you only got 20k new seats the expansion you can do will be much greater.

Nope, sorry - started another save since then, and I don't keep my old ones. That's not the end of the story though - the board also payed all withstanding loans, upgraded everything upgradeable, and gave me a transfer budget of nearly 400 million. I realize now that I should have kept some proof of this, but hey ... it's not important. Fun though, being a manager :)

Nope, sorry - started another save since then, and I don't keep my old ones. That's not the end of the story though - the board also payed all withstanding loans, upgraded everything upgradeable, and gave me a transfer budget of nearly 400 million. I realize now that I should have kept some proof of this, but hey ... it's not important. Fun though, being a manager :)

Ok, shame as I thought it was hard coded that you can't have a new stadium for 20 years after the last one :(

Oh really? Well ... the only way I can think of that I might have managed to screw this up, is that I was still playing FM 10 right up untill FM 12 was released (I skipped FM 11), and I MAY have remembered back to my last FM 10 save ... not 100% sure on this, to be honest - but the rest is the complete truth, hand on heart.

Oh really? Well ... the only way I can think of that I might have managed to screw this up, is that I was still playing FM 10 right up untill FM 12 was released (I skipped FM 11), and I MAY have remembered back to my last FM 10 save ... not 100% sure on this, to be honest - but the rest is the complete truth, hand on heart.

Ohhhh I wasn't accusing you of anything :) I just saw someone say it was hard coded, so wasn't sure if was true or not. Although a few people on here who've had new stadiums recently have all had to wait 20 years for a new one.

I actually had a board take over ruin one of my games as they also gave me like a ridiculous amount of million to spend on FM12.

mine was built in 2017 fc united stadium, very annoying but since then i am now a club legend so was hoping this year im in 2027-28 now and ive filled it out for the past 10 seasons 99% capacity! and still it wont let me click the build new stadium and ive won 4 premier leagues so i think it must be 20years!

Well that sucks, I need to atleast expand mine though and the board cant find the money for it. Correction we have 2.4 mill in the bank!!

Just be patient. Once you have clicked on this request once, the board will go ahead and do it on their own volition the minute they can afford it.

And yes the limit is 20 years, but maybe a new board can allow exceptions? If Barnsley there feels that waiting 10 more years is a bit over the top, and he plays in Club Mode (not career), a solution to keep the interest in your savegame could be to download FMRTE and simply change the build date of your stadium. I think that the 20-year rule is silly when imposed on us human managers, since we often win consecutive promotions with small teams.

That would depend on how big and how "luxurious" it was, wouldn't it. I don't think there is any fixed cost per seat, as such. The cost to build Emirates Stadium is reported by one internet source to be around 500 million pounds, but of course, that is very big and very high tech.

Well for a starting league 2 team with 9,762 seats, if anyone else has increased their stadium from teams in similiar position I'd love some feedback.

i am fc united and in around league 2 i had a stadium built which held 8500! it is now 22,000 and it has been sold out for the past 5 years straight! i have another 10 years left until its been 20years for a new stadium :( i will never be able to pay serious wage or get serious money! i get around 50mil a season but thats from tv and champions league tv! i need to earn some huge gate receipts!

I wouldn't hold your breath OP.

I'm Corby in the premier league with a starting capacity of 5000 now it is 12500.. Before my first season in the prem they expanded to 12500. I still had only 5000 in the championship. It can't be expanded further.

Still waiting for the new stadium despite profits each year and it being filled every game.

I am playing as Woking have won the FA Trophy, got promoted twice to League 2 and in the Play Off positions in March first season in FL on FM11. The board agree to new stafium but cant afford. How long until i will get a a new stafium? I know i have spelling mistakes but battery running low!

I wouldn't hold your breath OP.

I'm Corby in the premier league with a starting capacity of 5000 now it is 12500.. Before my first season in the prem they expanded to 12500. I still had only 5000 in the championship. It can't be expanded further.

Still waiting for the new stadium despite profits each year and it being filled every game.

This is exactly like what has happened to me, i started as Blyth Spartans and i am now in the premier league after going up in every season, they are now expanding my stadium from 5000 to 12500, that put me 9.5 million in debt with a cost of 8.5million for the work, will i get a new stadium ?

i'm currently playing at the international stadium at gateshead and there capacity is 11750 and every game so far has been 100% full, i would like to think i will get taken over from a sugar daddy but doubt it.

Does anyone have a general idea of the cost to expand or buy a new stadium?

After a few seasons in the prem and a couple of prem titles after me asking my board took out a 150m loan to build a new stadium, this was with Preston! The stadium is going to be 45k (i would hope with room to expand), they named it preston stadium which is a shocking name i was hoping they would name it after me given i am a club legend!

In my save before my current one, Spurs got a new stadium buildt (Perryman Stadium, 50 something thousand seats). What year I can't remember, but I don't think I played that save as long as up to 2020. Upgrading White Hart Lane is not possible (neighbours won't have it).

Edit: Oh, actually ... in my current save as well. Didn't notice that. Perryman Stadium, 49387 seats, with a roof. Buildt (finished) in 2016 .Tottenhan has been really good in this save, been in the top 3 in the most recent seasons and won it once. One FA cup. Redknapp retired in 2013, was succeded by Eddie Howe untill 2016, and is now (2017) having ... Martin Jol, again!.

My board request status shows that a new stadium is in the planning stage with the full process taking 3 seasons. I haven't had a message from the board about this so am I right in thinking it will be a full season before they announce the new name, capacity etc?

My board request status shows that a new stadium is in the planning stage with the full process taking 3 seasons. I haven't had a message from the board about this so am I right in thinking it will be a full season before they announce the new name, capacity etc?

After having the request granted you should get a news item straight away informing you of name, capacity and cost.

So I'm Shrewsbury, in the championship. I have a very happy chairman and the company has 1.3 million in the bank and we have a aquad of low wage players so the financial system looks good. However we're maxing attendance nearly every game and the board know this but they don't believe they have the funds to expand. Now united just upgraded their stadium up to 93,000 and I could swear it cost them 76k. How much money do I ideally need before the board will sanction this?

A rough guide is that 1 seat costs around £1000 to install. Given your bank balance (and that alone), you'd only get around 1300 new seats before the bank balance reaches zero.

A rough guide is that 1 seat costs around £1000 to install. Given your bank balance (and that alone), you'd only get around 1300 new seats before the bank balance reaches zero.

Just what I needed to know really :D

the new stadium planning says 3 years, BUT what happened to me it is as follows

2014/15 stadium is at maximum expansion a few seasons previous, and planning for new stadium is set for 3 years

2015/16 stadium construction starts, and a loan is taken out to fund this (as well as a stadium sponsorship deal) - this is when they announce

where are you in league terms? premier league will be a blessing for your bank

and £1000 for a plastic seat and some screws? blimey

the new stadium planning says 3 years, BUT what happened to me it is as follows

2014/15 stadium is at maximum expansion a few seasons previous, and planning for new stadium is set for 3 years

2015/16 stadium construction starts, and a loan is taken out to fund this (as well as a stadium sponsorship deal) - this is when they announce

where are you in league terms? premier league will be a blessing for your bank

and £1000 for a plastic seat and some screws? blimey

Cheers I thought this was most likely the way it would work. I'm playing as Liverpool at Summer 2018. Have been selling out 55k for a few seasons and have a cash balance circa 250m, here's hoping they don't have a brain fart and go for 60k, Man U are currently at 94746 capacity.

edit: holidayed through a season to see what I'm likely to get and it was 73k Dalglish Stadium. Funnily enough my assistant managed to win a prem/CL double.

Archived