SI pls solve this "player xyz has problems to motivate himself with xyz as a captain"

My captain and 2nd captain both have 16+ for influence determination, work rate and so on...

but as soon as these two are injured, or are out due to rotation or their low fitness, I am getting problems to motivate several players, because they dont want to play with rossi or valero as a captain who are my 3rd and 4th captains.

they both have low influence, but they were recommended by my assistant manager. for example when rossi is starting and valero is sitting on the bench, I get the message, that valero is struggling to motivate himself with rossi as a captain. when its the other way arround and valero starting the match, than rossi is unhappy...

what can I do? shall I sign 2 further players with good influence and so on...? its very absurd, since my squad harmony is almost 75-80% and I have no other problems in the team.

hope somebody can help me, since if I chose 2 other players, who have much better influence, determination and work rate, but dont have the reputation of valero and rossi, then these two again are causing problems...

When Rossi is captain Valero thinks he should be captain & when Valero is captain Rossi thinks he should be captain.

Both accept your main captain & vice captain though.

Personally I don't see anything for SI to "fix", its part of the game and part of your job as manager to deal with the issue.

When Rossi is captain Valero thinks he should be captain & when Valero is captain Rossi thinks he should be captain.

Both accept your main captain & vice captain though.

Personally I don't see anything for SI to "fix", its part of the game and part of your job as manager to deal with the issue.

mate, the thing is, because of this reason, I had to sell nilmar, since he didnt want to accept that benatia became 2nd captain, even though he had influence 16 and nilmar only 11 or 12. now, the problem is, when valero is on the pitch and rossi sitting on the bench, its for sure, that rossi cant be the captain, since hes not playing, so why is he causing unnecessary problems? did you ever see a team, who was playing without an official skipper staying on the pitch, rather then on the bench?

this is, what makes the situation a bit weird. rossi is the 3rd captain, because of his high determination, but why cant he accept, that he cant be the captain currently, because hes not staying on the pitch?

You dont have to do everything your assistant recommends. Take a look at the other players and choose your own 3rd/4th captain.

I did it, I chosed badu, who is a regular starter for me. has better influence, 14 determination and very high teamwork+work rate, but rossi, valero and nilmar and several other players werent pleased with him...

so I though, I take what the ass manager recommends or when I go to select a captain, I guess those, who are on the top are the candidates, who could be captains...

I did it, I chosed badu, who is a regular starter for me. has better influence, 14 determination and very high teamwork+work rate, but rossi, valero and nilmar and several other players werent pleased with him...

so I though, I take what the ass manager recommends or when I go to select a captain, I guess those, who are on the top are the candidates, who could be captains...

So despite good stats which pointed to him being a good captain the squad didn't accept him - usually points to him only being at the club a short time, having a much lower reputation and/or having trouble getting along with the other players.

Building a squad, choosing a captain isn't just about picking the right on-field abilities they also need to get along off the pitch. You need to look at player's personalities and take advice from your scouts/coaches/AM when signing players to minimise the off field disruptions.

How do you deal with your captain problem now? Well its not really an issue when only one is starting so the problem only happens when both are starting with your main captain & VC missing. I imagine this shouldn't be that often, maybe you can look at your rotation though so you can minimise when they both start.

When they do start together Rossi will be the captain so you could try an individual team talk to Valero - something like "expect a performance" in an assertive manner.

Just change the ordering of your captains. You have your captain & vice captain, and then under that just drag accross the players you want as captain and leave Rossi & Valero off.

problem seems to be solved guys :D

guess it was due to the fact, that I had a lot of players with the squad status "most important player" so that most of them didnt like it, when someone, whose squad status was just "important player" or even lower was their skipper. now, I have changed everything and only have my skipper, 2nd skipper and my two CBs as "most important player". since valero has now "first team player" status, hes starting respecting rossi, who has a higher status and rossi is now 2nd captain :D

• 3 weeks later...

I was just searching for this, since it happened in my current save.

Changing captains seems to have been the best thing i could have ever done.

Won the league in 2016 with Liverpool (to be fair, van Basten left Liverpool for Barca in January, and Liverpool already had a 4 point lead in the league when i joined), finished 2nd in the EPL and CL in 2017. But in this 2017-18 season, the team was struggling...1 win in the first 6 matches (playing 19 game seasons, so that's a pretty big slump!). I noticed in the match feedback that my AM said that several players were having trouble motivating themselves with Reina as captain.

I ultimately swapped him with Danny Wilson, who was Vice Captain. Immediately over half the squad had "Thinks was too quick to change the captain," and Reina was furious.

First game with Wilson as captain was a CL group match against Rangers. Won 5-1.

Next game was against Tottenham in the league (who finished 2nd in the season where we finished 1st). Won 7-1...could have been 8 right at the end but my winger hit the crossbar on an open net!

Even Reina's morale is listed as Superb. Apparently it was just time for a change.

Archived