My best game, without a shadow of a doubt!

not sure if troll or not ....

you had no possession and they had only a little bit less chances than you etc... you just happened to finish off your chances

would hardly call it battering them... or out of the ordinary

this one for instance .. was 72% possession and well.. you can see the passing stats.. complete domination ..

newcastlevportsmouthana.png

but i guess.. at the end of the day.. its about how you wanna play.... i like a barca-esque pass them off the field approach.. but other might prefer a more direct , less is more and take the chances you get type of play

The shots/shots at goal ratio is very good, and the shots at goal/goal ratio is awesome! Very good match indeed. The turnaround after their quick goal following the red card is also a very good sign.

When that is said, the possession and chance creation aren't that impressive, but in my opinion those hardly matter. In fact, I am a bit worried because my shot/shot at goal ratio is going down because I frequently have 20+ shots. It is not ideal to dominate that much because the chances of such matches becoming frustrating super-keeper experiences are much higher than with efficient performances like yours there.

not sure if troll or not ....

you had no possession and they had only a little bit less chances than you etc... you just happened to finish off your chances

would hardly call it battering them... or out of the ordinary

If that happened in real life the team would be lauded, the fans would start having sex with eachother and the chairman would give the manager oral, i'm not pretending like i barcelona'd them, its just a class result, and notice in the OP i said my best 'result' not performance. :thup:

The shots/shots at goal ratio is very good, and the shots at goal/goal ratio is awesome! Very good match indeed. The turnaround after their quick goal following the red card is also a very good sign.

When that is said, the possession and chance creation aren't that impressive, but in my opinion those hardly matter. In fact, I am a bit worried because my shot/shot at goal ratio is going down because I frequently have 20+ shots. It is not ideal to dominate that much because the chances of such matches becoming frustrating super-keeper experiences are much higher than with efficient performances like yours there.

Yeah you get why this is such a good result mate, rather than welshace ace who thinks you need 70% possession to play well.

as i said in my post... its down to how people like to play.. i prefer to think of a battering as playing the opposition off the park...

i was simply saying that you battering the opposition is a misnomer really... you were simply more efficient in your finishing... it was almost against the run of play if you like.

as i said in my post... its down to how people like to play.. i prefer to think of a battering as playing the opposition off the park...

i was simply saying that you battering the opposition is a misnomer really... you were simply more efficient in your finishing... it was almost against the run of play if you like.

Of course it was against the run of play did you even see the screenshots? I went down to ten-men and now i'm wondering if you even noticed that?

That's completely wrong, and I can prove it.

Crawley had roughly half the amount of shots

3/5 were long shots - hardly counted as "chances" at all

4/5 were "other chances" - also hardly counted as "chances" at all

He had 3 CCC's, 1/3rd of his chances. They had 1, 1/5th of their chances

The only statistic Crawley won was possession, and that stat is the least important of them all, especially since those 6% might have been Crawley passing aimlessly on their own half...

I'd say that is a battering. Crawley were almost literally chanceless with one man more for an hour.

I agree that posting such threads as this invites negative responses, since the result in itself, being in L2 and all, isn't something that would normally lead to praise in a community where someone is bound to have beaten Barcelona 10-0 with the smallest team in the world - and even if such a result was posted here, most members would have taken it with a pinch of salt since there is such a thing as FMRTE.

That's completely wrong, and I can prove it.

Crawley had roughly half the amount of shots

3/5 were long shots - hardly counted as "chances" at all

4/5 were "other chances" - also hardly counted as "chances" at all

He had 3 CCC's, 1/3rd of his chances. They had 1, 1/5th of their chances

The only statistic Crawley won was possession, and that stat is the least important of them all, especially since those 6% might have been Crawley passing aimlessly on their own half...

I'd say that is a battering. Crawley were almost literally chanceless with one man more for an hour.

I agree that posting such threads as this invites negative responses, since the result in itself, being in L2 and all, isn't something that would normally lead to praise in a community where someone is bound to have beaten Barcelona 10-0 with the smallest team in the world - and even if such a result was posted here, most members would have taken it with a pinch of salt since there is such a thing as FMRTE.

which is exactly my point... with more possession and potential chances.. crawley should have finished them off...

my point in basic form is that the result , for me... is more of a case of Crawley failing to convert their chances, rather than the OP's team doing anything extraordinary..

a case of a game lost for crawley, rather than a game won for the OP.

Some people are narrow-minded and that's the way it will always be the problem is you can't debate with them as they simply get entranced with their original opinions, its just best to leave them be.

But welshace i will say this ; In your screenshot you say you had 72% possession and you won 3-1, correct?

In my screenshot i had only 47% with ten men and i scored 5.

Just sayin' :D

which is exactly my point... with more possession and potential chances.. crawley should have finished them off...

my point in basic form is that the result , for me... is more of a case of Crawley failing to convert their chances, rather than the OP's team doing anything extraordinary..

a case of a game lost for crawley, rather than a game won for the OP.

Except that more possession does not equal potential for more chances! Chances are created through correct decisions and good individual and team performances, not through passing. When a team has more possession but fails to convert possession to chances and on top of that lets the opponent create three times as many big chances than them, they have done absolutely everything wrong! Football is all about scoring goals, not about having the ball more - there are no style points in football, which is a common delusion among those watching it. You only need the keep the ball for as long as it takes to score a goal, and as such Crawley failed at football in that match. Why celebrate incompetence? Rather, I celebrate competence and applaud the efficient performace of Worcester.

Some people are narrow-minded and that's the way it will always be the problem is you can't debate with them as they simply get entranced with their original opinions, its just best to leave them be.

But welshace i will say this ; In your screenshot you say you had 72% possession and you won 3-1, correct?

In my screenshot i had only 47% with ten men and i scored 5.

Just sayin' :D

clearly im not being narrow minded.... and clearly i am debating this with you... and in a fair and considered manner, which is more than i can say for some of your comments.

i've said congratulations on the win etc...

im just of the mindset that id rather win 3-1 and play the way i did.. then win 5-1 and play the way your stats seem to suggest you played.. or to me in any case.

i do not see how me preferring a different style to you or biggus as being narrow minded.

and yes biggus, you dont win games with possession alone... but im of the belief that the more time i have on the ball, the more potential exists for chances to score. .. and if im keeping the ball, the opposition isnt creating chances themselves.

i prefer the beautiful game and winning by 1 goal then playing direct and potentially boring football and winning by 3.

I will say this... at least Biggus is attempting to put out his points in a clear and considered method rather than taking the ' narrow minded, no point listening to him' approach..

this is a forum.. the whole point of a forum is discuss opinions on matters and share ideas ... id suggest you stop posting OP if all you are after is universal praise and agreement with your posts.

I'll leave it there as what could have been a very productive and interesting discussion on styles of play has yet once again been derailed

clearly im not being narrow minded.... and clearly i am debating this with you... and in a fair and considered manner, which is more than i can say for some of your comments.

im just of the mindset that id rather win 3-1 and play the way i did.. then win 5-1 and play the way your stats seem to suggest you played.. or to me in any case.

i do not see how me preferring a different style to you or biggus as being narrow minded.

and yes biggus, you dont win games with possession alone... but im of the belief that the more time i have on the ball, the more potential exists for chances to score. .. and if im keeping the ball, the opposition isnt creating chances themselves.

i prefer the beautiful game and winning by 1 goal then playing direct and potentially boring football and winning by 3.

I will say this... at least Biggus is attempting to put out his points in a clear and considered method rather than taking the ' narrow minded, no point listening to him' approach..

this is a forum.. the whole point of a forum is discuss opinions on matters and share ideas ... id suggest you stop posting OP if all you are after is universal praise and agreement with your posts.

I'll leave it there as what could have been a very productive and interesting discussion on styles of play has yet once again been derailed

Two words for you mate, grow up. I genuinely wasn't looking for opinions on how my team plays i was just sharing my result with the FM community, your first comment "not sure if troll or not ....". What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say, your were implying that because i don't have a similar tactic style to you that i must be trolling, even though the stat screenshot shows it all, BiggusD clearly understood the reasons why i savored this result, mainly because he seems to understand the value of efficiency, something that i would assume you would not be familiar with. I would also assume your tactic is probably downloaded which for me defeats the purpose of the game. I always strive to improve my tactic whereas someone like you would want to do it the easy or lazy way. The way i look at tactics is that the destination or goal is not important; but the pursuit.

I would also give you some advice on posting in the future, please if you have nothing positive or constructive to say refrain from posting. I am an avid supporter of football and football manager, and i value and respect the FM community it is very unique in todays world and no other game is like this so it upsets me when people start being negative.

What about doing both at the same time? :D

bradfordgoodgamevsevert.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

See the goals here

1stt.jpg

2nde.jpg

This is the best game I have seen, well the second one is. Trouble was it was not even my save it the was the missus's game on FM10 I think it was. She somehow managed to come back from a real beating in the first leg.

Class mate, i think Arsenal would need a similar miracle irl to get through vs A.C not much chance of that though!

Class mate, i think Arsenal would need a similar miracle irl to get through vs A.C not much chance of that though!

If it was FM it would be possible for Arsenal to still get through.

Shows how important it is to play right until the end, the 86th minute goal in the 6-1 beating proved to be vital.

Two words for you mate, grow up. I genuinely wasn't looking for opinions on how my team plays i was just sharing my result with the FM community, your first comment "not sure if troll or not ....". What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say, your were implying that because i don't have a similar tactic style to you that i must be trolling, even though the stat screenshot shows it all, BiggusD clearly understood the reasons why i savored this result, mainly because he seems to understand the value of efficiency, something that i would assume you would not be familiar with. I would also assume your tactic is probably downloaded which for me defeats the purpose of the game. I always strive to improve my tactic whereas someone like you would want to do it the easy or lazy way. The way i look at tactics is that the destination or goal is not important; but the pursuit.

I would also give you some advice on posting in the future, please if you have nothing positive or constructive to say refrain from posting. I am an avid supporter of football and football manager, and i value and respect the FM community it is very unique in todays world and no other game is like this so it upsets me when people start being negative.

firstly, the troll comment was a tongue in cheek way of me saying ' i dont get it' and had nothing to do with your tactic, simply me disagreeing with what was being said, but i can see why you might think it negative...

secondly, dont assume too much.. it makes and ass out of u and me, my ol' pappy used to say...

-assuming i dont value efficiency is wrong, i do, i just prefer my play to be beautiful too.

-assuming my tactic was downloaded was wrong, can't for the life of me think why you would assume that, i use classic tactics and always made from scratch, you can't get results that i see from downloaded tactics, as you have to fine tune them to each player.

-"I always strive to improve my tactic whereas someone like you would want to do it the easy or lazy way" - the less said about this stretch, the better.

Notice i have no issue at all with Biggus disagreeing with my view, that's because he isnt being inflammatory, he hasn't accused me of being narrow minded, told me to grow up, or made wild speculations on how i play the game... doing any of these things is not a great sign of someone who has respect for the community and understands that the nature of a forum is to invite people to de construct your post or view and give their own on the matter.

now please, stop being negative and continue in what (as i have already said before) could of been a useful and interesting thread..

and yes Biggus... the whole goal is to get the best of both worlds :) which is exactly what ive been striving for.

newcastlevswanseainform.png

my tactic is very unorthadox and started out being ridiculous in the passing and possession departments... my playmaker getting 200+ passes a game for instance... but this was producing 0-0 draws and not many chances for either side...

so its been a case of me opening it up slightly to carry on the ridiculous passing game i have going , but also getting the goals.

newcastlevswanseastatsm.png

as you can see.. silly amount of chances , but 90% are basically pot shots from distance.

seeing this in my game.. i adjusted.. and i got this result:

newcastlevqprstatsmatch.png

which is obviously slightly better, possession is still very high... passing completion rates are still high and we are creating chances... more importantly we are getting more on target... still not enough CCC though ..

firstly, the troll comment was a tongue in cheek way of me saying ' i dont get it' and had nothing to do with your tactic, simply me disagreeing with what was being said, but i can see why you might think it negative...

secondly, dont assume too much.. it makes and ass out of u and me, my ol' pappy used to say...

-assuming i dont value efficiency is wrong, i do, i just prefer my play to be beautiful too.

-assuming my tactic was downloaded was wrong, can't for the life of me think why you would assume that, i use classic tactics and always made from scratch, you can't get results that i see from downloaded tactics, as you have to fine tune them to each player.

-"I always strive to improve my tactic whereas someone like you would want to do it the easy or lazy way" - the less said about this stretch, the better.

Notice i have no issue at all with Biggus disagreeing with my view, that's because he isnt being inflammatory, he hasn't accused me of being narrow minded, told me to grow up, or made wild speculations on how i play the game... doing any of these things is not a great sign of someone who has respect for the community and understands that the nature of a forum is to invite people to de construct your post or view and give their own on the matter.

now please, stop being negative and continue in what (as i have already said before) could of been a useful and interesting thread..

Okay then lets forget the petty back and forth and look at the core of our differences. I respect that you strive to get good possession and i also do, its just there comes a point when you need to be direct. I find the passing game you employ can be so easy to counter if you know what your doing, although i do accept the same can be said about most tactics with yours in particular i believe i could easily keep men behind the ball and counter or to approach it a different way i would aim to pack out the midfield and keep a high line to really congest the midfield and press your full backs with the wingers because i would assume your keeper distributes to the full backs most of the time.

yep i can see what you're saying about easily getting run over.... but to expand on what you said , I employ an extremely high D line and with it an extremely high level of pressing , pretty much the barcelona ethic really...

in any screenshot you see me post you'll see that as you said, my fullbacks are extremely important... they provide the cover as I play very narrow, to keep the short, swift passing game going, tika taka style i guess.. as a by and by.. some of the highest ratings i get in terms of avg rating and passing completion, assists etc come from my fullbacks..

newcastleunitedtacticso.png

the DMC has to be brilliant in a tactic like this as he is the pivot of the whole thing.. and i honestly do think that without a great one, my tactic fails badly, which can be seen in some of the results i get when tiote isnt playing... thats the one weakness i think my tactic has.

allows more room on the right for montillo/ willian to use their pace and get into the box. gylfi is set up to play in the hole and not stray too far ahead (hitting his long shots off and playing balls through...

i.e willian and montillo are playing more like forwards and gylfi more like a amc

basically it started out as a pretty standard 4 2 3 1 formation with 2 cm's and aml, amc and amr .. and has been adapted from there..

bought the wide players in to play a shorter passing game and as such, it required a cm to drop back and play dmc to cover the back 4 when my fullbacks push up and play wide.

yep i can see what you're saying about easily getting run over.... but to expand on what you said , I employ an extremely high D line and with it an extremely high level of pressing , pretty much the barcelona ethic really...

in any screenshot you see me post you'll see that as you said, my fullbacks are extremely important... they provide the cover as I play very narrow, to keep the short, swift passing game going, tika taka style i guess.. as a by and by.. some of the highest ratings i get in terms of avg rating and passing completion, assists etc come from my fullbacks..

newcastleunitedtacticso.png

the DMC has to be brilliant in a tactic like this as he is the pivot of the whole thing.. and i honestly do think that without a great one, my tactic fails badly, which can be seen in some of the results i get when tiote isnt playing... thats the one weakness i think my tactic has.

From the screenshots you've shown you obviously have a pretty decent tactic but as you've pointed out your DM is very important and i guess it just wouldn't be in my nature to have success or failure pivot on 1 player or position but i'm sure you can address that at some point, in the past i always tried to play the barca style which has been so successful these last 5 or so years but one quote from Wayne Gretski (who plays ice hockey which i've never watched by the way) changed my way of thinking and that quote was " You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" and it sums up these passing sides we see today because the lack of tempo and direct play makes it easier for teams to make you shoot from further out apart from the occasions which you work it through them. As opposed to getting behind the teams' defense with a quick through ball or 40 yard switch .

allows more room on the right for montillo/ willian to use their pace and get into the box. gylfi is set up to play in the hole and not stray too far ahead (hitting his long shots off and playing balls through...

i.e willian and montillo are playing more like forwards and gylfi more like a amc

basically it started out as a pretty standard 4 2 3 1 formation with 2 cm's and aml, amc and amr .. and has been adapted from there..

bought the wide players in to play a shorter passing game and as such, it required a cm to drop back and play dmc to cover the back 4 when my fullbacks push up and play wide.

Makes sense, does it not end up being too narrow?

I suppose this is the beauty of FM, I love wingers and wide play whereas you got them to tuck in to play the sort of football you like. There are many different ways to produce different types of "beautiful football". Gone a bit off topic here lol. Beautiful football to me is two central midfielders winning the ball and playing it out to pacey wingers who cross for the big man up front to nod the ball home, unfortunately I haven't been able to get that going on FM12.

i dont really wanna hijack the OP's thread so i wont go too much into it... but no, not too narrow acid... the high pressing counters anything the midfield can throw at me and any balls going wide are countered by the fullbacks pressure..

and attacking wise, it obviously pays off that i have extremely talented passers of the ball.. it means i can pass my way through the middle of the park and the little passing triangles it makes are superb to watch..

but as has been said .. it has its weaknesses...

id never try and play this type of football with a lower league team, i just dont think it would work.

MY favourite match so far to date. The score line is good, yes, but it was more the movement and the way the team played that makes it rate for me. It was definitely some of the most attractive football my team has played

favgame.jpg

Archived