A long throw question....

On the tactics screen, you can select your preferred long throw-ers for the left or right side. I've never bothered seperating my long throw-ers into left or right, I just put the names on both sides.

My question is..

How do you know who to select for a left or right long throw-er?

I was thinking it might be if the player is a left footed player you should put him in the left column, but why when feet have nothin to do with throwing!!?

Or is it that you should choose the player that plays on the opposite side; eg. a ML should be the long throw-er for the right hand side - so that he throws to a MR (or other right sided player)?

On the tactics screen, you can select your preferred long throw-ers for the left or right side. I've never bothered seperating my long throw-ers into left or right, I just put the names on both sides.

My question is..

How do you know who to select for a left or right long throw-er?

I was thinking it might be if the player is a left footed player you should put him in the left column, but why when feet have nothin to do with throwing!!?

Or is it that you should choose the player that plays on the opposite side; eg. a ML should be the long throw-er for the right hand side - so that he throws to a MR (or other right sided player)?

ive never chosen throw in takers myself but is it not you choose a player playing on the right to take your throw ins on the right so your left back (for example) doesnt have to run the entire pitch to get back into position if you lose the ball?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gcormack:

ive never chosen throw in takers myself but is it not you choose a player playing on the right to take your throw ins on the right so your left back (for example) doesnt have to run the entire pitch to get back into position if you lose the ball? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats exactly it. Its just better for positioning.

serio aguero seems to be my best long thrower icon_confused.gif, i don't use long throws, but unless i set rb to right sided throw ins, i'm guessing that the AI will auto select the best throw in taker according to stats, like it does with other set pieces. wouldn't wan't Kun taking throws tbh...

On a related point does anyone get much joy from long throws? To say I have a big, physical side that are good in the air I can remember few instances of scoring from a long throw. I generally stick one of my big, powerful CBs or striker on the near post with my wide players coming short.

Archived