The All American Managerial Contest *Where Block Voting is highly encouraged*

Who will win the 2009-10 Non World Cuppers All American Managerial Contest?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the 2009-10 Non World Cuppers All American Managerial Contest?

• Venezuela and canvey!!
    • Peru and Linfield Fc
    • Chile and PaulHartman71
    • Cuba and Gazza D
    • Panama and starburst91
    • Jamaica and GazTheDood
    • Haiti and ~Ian~
    • Honduras and Walcott's Wonderkids
    • Canada and weeeman27bob
    • Someone Else

Yes, with the database finally ready, and all of the managers/teams sorted we are now ready to start the contest. Just a reminder of the countries each user has:

1. PaulHartman71 - Chile

2. Frazza Pee - Columbia

3. starburst91 - Panama

4. Recky_D - Argentina

5. Gibster - Bahamas

6. PoopyPants - Costa Rica

7. weeeman27bob - Canada

8. mikeytwigge - United States

9. Thezogsageordie - Bolivia

10. GazTheDoood - Jamaica

11. Linfield Fc - Peru

12. Haowan - El Salvador

13. Gazza D - Cuba

14. Walcott's Wonderkids - Honduras

15. Man City Supporter - Mexico

16. Robert_296 - Barbados

17. Blackcats - Grenada

18. Denial - Brazil

19. 5ergio - Uruguay

20. ridleys - Trinidad and Tobago

21. ~Ian~ - Haiti

22. Chel10ham Town fc - Ecuador

23. kingrooney - Paraguay

24. canvey!! - Venezuela

Recky D, mikeytwigge, Man City Supporter and Denial all getting the better end of Nation, with ~Ian~, Blackcats and starburst91 potentially getting the short straws.

Just a reminder of the 'rules' :

1. Each manager is represented by one user on the CSE forum

2. Each manager starts out at his ‘National’ team, but then obviously they will presumably move on to other clubs or even become a traitor and manage another country!

3. The point system is different to the striking contest, no ‘official’ points are scored, but infact the other users decide the points

4. Each manager is judged by their performance that particular year, so for example, if the Panama manager won the Champions league one year, but got his team relegated the next, he shouldn’t really win the next year

5. Each user at the end of the season, after being instructed by me, will email me (can be found in profile) their chosen countries to receive the following points: 2,4,6,8,10 and 12.

6. This in my opinion will make the contest more ‘Eurovision like’, as it involves voting and suspense.

The ‘voting/email thing’ will work like this:

1. I put the seasonal ‘update’ of how each 1 of the 24 managers did

2. The 23 other users then have 48 hours to email me who they want to give their: 2,4,6,8,10 and 12 points to.

3. It’s not first come first serve, but the ‘Voting Representative’ that gives their countries points (completely fictional) will go in order of the email received. E.G Denial email gets to me first, Brazil’s points will be first

4. Each 24 of the countries ‘votes’ will be given out in separate posts, for ‘suspense’ benefits

5. This also lets me have some suspense, as I will not know who has won until I do the last of the 24 posts

6. I’m sure if you have any other questions they will be answered on a ‘Learn after the first season’ kind of thing

Right then, lets get this started!

(My first ‘seasonal’ update will hopefully come tonight icon_biggrin.gif)

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by canvey!!:

Excellent, let's go. Don't totally understand how you're going to present the votes but I don't really need to icon_smile.gif, so I'll just wait and see. Good work so far icon14.gif

Each post will be something like this:

Now, over to Venezuela...

'Venezuela can you hear us'

'Yes, we can, what a great contest you have put on this year'

'bla bla bla'

'bla bla bla'

'Right Venezuela, can we have your points'

'bla bla bla'

'bla bla bla'

' Brazil, 1 point'

etc

Originally posted by Walcott's Wonderkids:

Good work on getting this set up so quickly. icon14.gif

Liking the Eurovision stylie voting. icon_cool.gif

One question though - in the game proper, have you 'loaded all players' from all of these nations to make it more realistic for the smaller nations?

I'm guessing you must have otherwise some of the managers might not appear.

KUTGW icon_smile.gif

I didn't load all players, mainly because in test versions all the managers appeared without it. It wont be entirely unfair to the smaller nations, as eventually they will get a job at a club (hopefully)

Guest mikeytwigge

come on Canada (remember i said that when your doing your voting weerman27bob) im the mighty USA by the way

Guest mikeytwigge

quick question for you Paul. when your doing the results you said you would do 1 country at a time. Will you be doing a running eague table after each set of results

Originally posted by mikeytwigge:

quick question for you Paul. when your doing the results you said you would do 1 country at a time. Will you be doing a running eague table after each set of results

yeah i'll be doing a league table after each of the 24 posts, or in the posts if you know what I mean.

Originally posted by weeeman27bob:

another question as well. What happens if some people fail to get their votes in?

ahh yes, I forgot to mention this.

If the user fails to give their votes in, then the users country wont give any votes in for that 'contest', if the user fails to give votes in for 3 contests in a row without a valid reason, then their space will go to one of the reserves.

So basically, it's fine if you give me a reason as to why you haven't given the votes in. Although that's obviously only if you give me the reason before, such as 'Wont be able to vote for a few days Paul, because i'm going on holiday' etc.

Originally posted by PaulHartman71:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazza D:

how long until the update

Well the game has just literally got to the point I want, so I will start writing the update soon, hopefully it will be up by half 1.

And in response to Gibster, that's fine icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hope its up by half 1 icon_wink.gif

Guest mikeytwigge

hes just posted in the off topic forum he had some problems and lost the entire update hed typed up

Quick apology, I lost the initial update which contained up to contestant number 5, I have re-done this one, and hope to get the other 5 plus the tables done within the day.

New York 08 All American Managerial Contest, Part 1 of 6

Hello and Welcome to the New York 2008 All American Managerial Contest, I'm your host, Ryan Seacrest, you might remember me from other Programmes that have been

copied and changed by Americans, such as 'American Idol'. Well, tonight we will see what all 24 managers have done this season, and then it is up to you to decide

who will be crowned the winner of this years contest!

Contestant #1, The Spicy Man of Chile

The Spicy Man has had an interesting time in his first season, not doing too bad, but not doing too good either, lets look at his results:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

1-3 Switzerland - Friendly

2-1 Austria - Friednly

1-2 Colombia - SAM World Cup Q

3-0 Venezuela - SAM World Cup Q

2-0 Bolivia - SAM World Cup Q

1-2 Uruguay - SAM World Cup Q

0-3 Argentina - SAM World Cup Q

0-4 Brazil - SAM World Cup Q

</pre>

So, he got 3 wins, and 5 losses. Not a great start to his managerial career, but he could have done worse. Chile now sit 6th in the SAM World Cup Qualifying League

Table, we will see all the tables of the Qualifying campaigns at the end of this update.

Contestant #2, Gold Member of Colombia

Gold Member's season hasn't gone entirely well, lets take a look at his results:

1-3 Peru - Friendly

2-0 Paraguay - Friendly

2-1 Chile - SAM World Cup Q

1-2 Uruguay - SAM World Cup Q

0-3 Argentina - SAM World Cup Q

0-1 Brazil - SAM World Cup Q

1-1 Ecuador - SAM World Cup Q

2-2 Peru - SAM World Cup Q

</pre>

So, 2 wins, 2 draws, and 4 losses, not great at ll. Colombia are 8th in the SAM World Cup Qualifying table, as I said before,

all tables will be shown at the end of this update.

Contestant #3, Bernando Starburstio of Panama

Bernando Starburstio was tipped by many to have drawn the 'short straw' but he didn't actually do that badly for his nation

Panama, lets take a look at his results:

0-5 Mexico - Friendly

3-0 Puerto Rico - Friendly

3-1 Canada - Friendly

3-0 St Vincent - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase, 2nd Round, 1st Leg

3-0 St Vincent - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase, 2nd Round, 2nd Leg

</pre>

So Bernando has taken them to the group stages of the NAM World Cup Qualifiers, it's highly unlikely they will qualify, but

nothing can be taken away from the fact he got them there in the first place.

Contestant #4, Alejandro Fernandez of Argentina

Alejandro Fernandez was deemed to have the 'easy' job, I don't know how easy it really is, but he certainly made it look

very easy, lets look at his results:

3-0 Australlia - Friendly

2-0 Peru - SAM World Cup Q

3-0 Paraguay - SAM World Cup Q

3-0 Colombia - SAM World Cup Q

5-0 Venezuela - SAM World Cup Q

3-0 Chile - SAM World Cup Q

4-0 Uruguay - SAM World Cup Q

</pre>

So, unbeaten, and they haven't conceded, in my opinion it will take an awful lot for anyone to better Alejandro's season.

Anyway, it's time for us to take a break, remember, please do not vote untill we have seen all 24 contestant's season.

The tables of the qualifiers will be shown in a seperate update, after the sixth update, so don't make your minds up until

you have seen those tables.

Guest mikeytwigge

brilliant update. Now remember people you should thank USA with points for there excellent hosting of the first amerivision or whatever this is icon_wink.gif

New York 08 All American Managerial Contest, Part 2 of 6

Hello and Welcome back to the New York 2008 All American Managerial Contest, I'm your host, Ryan Seacrest, you might remember me from other Programmes that have been

copied and changed by Americans, such as 'American Idol'. Well, tonight we will see what all 24 managers have done this season, and then it is up to you to decide

Contestant Number 5, Paradise Island of Bahamas

Paradise Island had the very hard task of managing the Bahamas, his season always looked to be one of little hope, which he proved to be right, lets look at his results:

0-4 Grenada - Friendly

0-1 Dominican Republic - Friendly

0-4 Guadeloupe - Friendly

0-3 Barbados - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 1st Round 1st leg

0-2 Barbados - NAM World CUp Q 1st Phase 1st Round 2nd leg

</pre>

So, he lost every game, and Bahamas will not be able to qualify for the World Cup, it was unlikely anyway, and Paradise didn't do that bad considering the nation he had, his

only real chance this year is through some sympathy votes.

Contestant Number 6, Boris Sanchez of Costa Rica

Boris had a fairly good chance of getting some good results, Costa Rica who aren't a terribly bad country at football, with a few good results he could have a chance, lets

look at his results:

2-0 Honduras - Friendly

5-0 Martinique - Friendly

0-4 Guatemala - Friendly

2-0 El Salvador - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 2nd Rnd 1st leg

2-0 El Salvador - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 2nd Rnd 2nd leg

</pre>

Some good results, not including the shocking 4-0 loss, but i'm sure Costa Rica will forgive him since they qualified for the Group stages of NAM World Cup Qualifying.

Contestant Number 7, Terry Wogan of Canada

Terry had a great chance, getting the opportunity to manage our great friends Canada, lets look at his results and see how he did:

3-1 Guadeloupe - Friendly

1-3 Panama - Friendly

2-0 Haiti - Friendly

2-2 Haiti - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 2nd Rnd leg 1

1-1 Haiti - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 2nd Rnd leg 2

</pre>

So a very good season for Terry and the great nation that is Canada, and he should be very proud of getting Canada to the group stages of NAM World Cup Qualifying whether

it was on away goals or not. Congratulations to Terry, and we would just love next years contest to be in Canada!

Contestant Number 8, Mikey Twigge of the United States!

Our Mikey has a great chance of success being manager of our great country the United States of America, lets see how he did in his results:

0-2 Brazil - Friendly

3-0 Sint Maarten - Friendly

3-0 St Kitts and Nevis - Friendly

3-0 Barbados - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 2nd Rnd leg 1

3-0 Barbados - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 2nd Rnd leg 2

</pre>

What a great season our Mikey has had, four 3-0 wins, what an achievement, he is a clear favorite, and who knows, maybe the Contest will be here again next year!

Anyway, it's time for us to take another break, remember, please do not vote until we have seen all 24 contestant's season.

The tables of the qualifiers will be shown in a seperate update, after the sixth update, so don't make your minds up until

Wow, I'm really bad at this. Thankfully the Bahamas has glorious beaches for me to relax on, while waiting for us to get some better players.

If you let me win some matches, and give me some votes, you can also enjoy some Bahamian hospitality, on me!

New York 08 All American Managerial Contest, Part 3 of 6

Hello and Welcome back to the New York 2008 All American Managerial Contest, I'm your host, Ryan Seacrest, you might remember me from other Programmes that have been

Contestant Number 9, Sam Fuller of Bolivia

Sam had a difficult task of Bolivia, difficult, but not impossible, with a string of good results he could do well, speaking of results, lets look at them:

0-3 Venezuela - SAM World Cup Q

2-2 Ecuador - SAM World Cup Q

0-2 Chile - SAM World Cup Q

2-1 Peru - SAM World Cup Q

0-3 Uruguay - SAM World Cup Q

1-3 Paraguay - SAM World Cup Q

</pre>

So, a pretty terrible season for Sam Fuller, but at least they have the Peru game to think back, and feel happy about.

Contestant Number 10, Da Reggae Boy of Jamaica

Da Reggae Boy has a decent chance at Jamaica, they aren't the best, but they are by far not the worst, lets see how Da Reggae's season went:

0-3 Trinidad and Tobago - Friendly

2-2 Cuba - Friendly

2-0 Anguilla - Friendly

2-0 St Kitts and Nevis - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 2nd Rnd 1st leg

5-0 St Kitts and Nevis - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 2nd Rnd 2nd leg

</pre>

So, apart from a bad result against Trinidad and Tobago, Da Reggae Boy had quite a good season, helping Jamaica to the NAM World Cup qualifying group stages

he did a good job.

Contestant Number 11, Boss Best of Peru

Boss Best, had quite a decent country, Peru being quite good, and having a few good players, lets see how he did:

3-1 Colombia - Friendly

0-2 Argentina - SAM World Cup Q

0-1 Brazil - SAM World Cup Q

3-2 Ecuador - SAM World Cup Q

1-2 Bolivia - SAM World Cup Q

0-2 Paraguay - SAM World Cup Q

2-2 Colombia - SAM World Cup Q

</pre>

So, Boss Best not doing that good, only 2 wins and a draw the positives of his season, winning isn't really going to be something on Peru's mind.

Contestant Number 12, Haowan of El Salvador

So, Haowan had quite a difficult job being manager of El Salvador, lets see how he did:

0-3 Ecuador - Friendly

3-0 French Guyana - Friendly

2-0 Grenada - Friendly

2-0 Anguilla - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 1st Rnd 1st leg

3-0 Anguilla - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 1st Rnd 2nd leg

0-2 Costa Rica - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 2nd Rnd 1st leg

0-2 Costa Rica - NAM World Cup Q 1st Phase 2nd Rnd 2nd leg

</pre>

Not a bad season from El Salvador and Haowan, but he didn't get them to the group stages of the qualifiers, meaning El Salvador will not feature in the

2010 World Cup.

Anyway, it's time for us to take another break, remember, please do not vote until we have seen all 24 contestant's season.

The tables of the qualifiers will be shown in a separate update, after the sixth update, so don't make your minds up until

Guest mikeytwigge

BREAKING NEWS ....... Alaska will be split up evenly between everyone who gives full points to the US of A

Guest mikeytwigge
Why would I want the icebergs of Alaska, when I could keep to the sunny beaches of the Bahamas?

because you need ice for your drinks

Alaska is basically part of Canada anyway. Well i'm pretty sure already who my top points are going to, i just hope they vote the same back

it was part of russia but they sold it to USA

Archived