Eccentricity?

When i scout a goalkeeper I always count OUT Eccentricity as a needable ability.

My question is that: What is Eccentricity in this game for goalkeepers, What does it make them to do or not to do.

Definition for Eccentricity in Wikipedia:

Eccentricity may refer to:

* Eccentric contraction, lengthening of muscle fibers

* Eccentric (mechanism), a wheel that rotates on an axle that is displaced from the focus of the circle described by the wheel

* Eccentric position of a surveying tripod to be able to measure hidden points

* Orbital eccentricity, in astrodynamics, calculated from orbital state vectors as an absolute value of eccentricity vector or using other methods based on orbital energy and angular momentum.

* Eccentric anomaly, the angle between the direction of periapsis and the current position of an object on its orbit.

* Eccentric (astronomy), a type of deferent, a circle or sphere used in obsolete astronomical systems to carry a planet around the Earth or Sun.

I hope someone can help me with that.

(Another question: Can anyone tell me where (if there is) I can find what all the abilities means, such for goalkeepers to forwards...? Example: Heading means that a players chans to win a header is very good if he has better his opponent... But of course the jumping also count in that matter (also length should matter, but I have not seen that count..)

Only me who is intrested in those??

Thanks for any answers

When i scout a goalkeeper I always count OUT Eccentricity as a needable ability.

My question is that: What is Eccentricity in this game for goalkeepers, What does it make them to do or not to do.

Definition for Eccentricity in Wikipedia:

* Eccentric (mechanism), a wheel that rotates on an axle that is displaced from the focus of the circle described by the wheel

* Orbital eccentricity, in astrodynamics, calculated from orbital state vectors as an absolute value of eccentricity vector or using other methods based on orbital energy and angular momentum.

* Eccentric anomaly, the angle between the direction of periapsis and the current position of an object on its orbit.

* Eccentric (astronomy), a type of deferent, a circle or sphere used in obsolete astronomical systems to carry a planet around the Earth or Sun.

I hope someone can help me with that.

(Another question: Can anyone tell me where (if there is) I can find what all the abilities means, such for goalkeepers to forwards...? Example: Heading means that a players chans to win a header is very good if he has better his opponent... But of course the jumping also count in that matter (also length should matter, but I have not seen that count..)

Only me who is intrested in those??

Thanks for any answers

Sorry for copying wrong.

The real definition of Eccentricity is

* Eccentricity (behavior), unusual or odd behavior on the part of a person, as opposed to being "normal"

* Eccentricity (mathematics), a parameter associated with every conic section

* Eccentricity vector

* Eccentricity (graph theory) of a vertex in a graph

Eccentricity- Think of Bartez or even Higuita. Keepers with high Eccentricity tend to do rash things like dribbling with the ball all the way up the pitch, or come flying out their area to get the ball when there is no need to.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kevt81:

Eccentricity- Think of Bartez or even Higuita. Keepers with high Eccentricity tend to do rash things like dribbling with the ball all the way up the pitch, or come flying out their area to get the ball when there is no need to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what I think of it as.

Tendency to punch is actually a weakness. If the GK has high decisions then it wont be a problem. Think of Iker Casillas who punches the ball away alot but pretty much all the time, he gets the ball to somewhere safe.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Neji:

Tendency to punch isn't always a weakness. If the GK has high decisions then it wont be a problem. Think of Iker Casillas who punches the ball away alot but pretty much all the time, he gets the ball to somewhere safe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed. Bad typing there.

I always wondered about that aswell. I noticed quite a few goal keepers had low eccentricity stats and it made me wonder if that is a good thing or bad thing.

Thanks for clearing that up.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frazza Pee:

Artur Boruc how eccentric how good is he it can be good and it can be bad </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont think his poor attempts to wind up Hibs and Rangers fans can count as Eccentricity...

more a case of imaturity.

Guest arrogantio

Tendency to punch is also a good thing to have for goalkeepers with poor handling and/or aerial ability.

Better to have a keeper flap to the edge of the area than drop the ball on his goal line.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arrogantio:

Tendency to punch is also a good thing to have for goalkeepers with poor handling and/or aerial ability.

Better to have a keeper flap to the edge of the area than drop the ball on his goal line. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kinda like what Cardiff's keeper did yesterday? lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fatpigeon:

Aggression isn't necessarily negative. High aggression may increase the chances of players/keepers winning challenges or headers.

(I think) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed - when did you last see a goalkeeper give away a penalty in FM? Aggression no disadvantage there!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fatpigeon:

Aggression isn't necessarily negative. High aggression may increase the chances of players/keepers winning challenges or headers.

(I think) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed - when did you last see a goalkeeper give away a penalty in FM? Aggression no disadvantage there! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ehh... just a second ago actually, its not very often but they do give them away.

Archived