Steam is blocked on my network.

It won't open, says it's not connected to the internet which it is so that means its blocked.

My question is, if I go to a place with free Wifi and it's not blocked, could I open steam, install FM, set Steam to Offline mode, would I be able to play back in my room?

i had a similar issue when i was away with work, sometimes steam wont open in offline mode. someone told me you need to have opened and started the game at least once before it will.

but i still had issues with it. seems a bit tempramental

Yes steam is a nightmare! I often play offline and I find it so annoying that at times I can't load my games because even though I have my settings set to offline it still plays up.

I find it very irritating that it has been forced upon me. I know Sigames do it to prevent piracy, but they are also alienating quite a lot of people who hate or do not use steam.

Yes steam is a nightmare! I often play offline and I find it so annoying that at times I can't load my games because even though I have my settings set to offline it still plays up.

I find it very irritating that it has been forced upon me. I know Sigames do it to prevent piracy, but they are also alienating quite a lot of people who hate or do not use steam.

I have to admit that intially I was extremely annoyed when arriving here in France, not being able to open Steam on this network meant I couldn't play it but since I've saw it from their point of view. It is to stop piracy, like you said and I think if I were a creator of this game, the annoyance of a few loyal customers would be worth stopping piracy.

Unfortunately Steam was blocked on the McDonalds network, and I still can't play. Ah well, it looks like I'm going to have to study! :(

Archived