Most interesting nation to manage in?

Whats your opinion on this? I've just started a save in Mexico and I really like the fact its split into 2 halves with a playoff system at the end of each half, it keeps me far more entertained than long 46 league game long seasons with cups I dont care about enough.

Any other leagues/cups with interesting formats?

What's weird about Belgium? Looking at the rules for the top division, it just says "30 games, teams play each other twice".

I'm currently managing in Denmark, which is mildly interesting, I guess. Only 12 teams in the top division, with teams facing each other three times. The season runs from July to May, but there's a huge winter break from December to March, making the season feel like loads of loads of games, followed by nothing happening for absolute ages, followed by oh ****, loads and loads of games again, and why I am playing against FC Copenhagen again already? Then it's suddenly all over, and FC Copenhagen have won it.

You get a top 5 or is it 6 championship group with points accrued during the regular season being adjusted to make up the starting positions, the final places in this group determine league champions & European places, there's another group made up of the remaining teams where the winners earn a play-off match against the last placed team in the championship group to decide a final European qualification slot.

iirc there is also a relegation group from this second group & another round of play-offs, it's all very odd & without having FM fired up I'm not 100% sureany of this is correct.

OK, according to Wiki, on the Belgian Pro League:

Seasons run from late July to early May, with teams playing 30 matches each in the regular season, and then entering play-offs 1, play-offs 2 or the relegation play-off according to their position in the regular season. Play-offs 1 are contested by the top 6 clubs in the regular season, with each club playing each other twice. Play-offs 2 are contested by teams ranked 7 to 14 in the regular season, divided in two groups of 4 teams playing each other twice. The relegation play-off consists of 5 matches between the 15th and the 16th-placed team in the regular season.

I think that is just about the most bizarre thing I've heard in my life.

MLS has an unbelievably complicated format! Playoffs, salary cap, player draft, several different types of player registration...its so complicated I can't figure it out...and I live in the USA!

Argentina is also nuts. Its format is similar to Mexico, without the playoffs. But what sets Argentina apart is the complicated relegation system designed to protect the big clubs. Since River Plate got relegated there is a new system comming into effect...but I don't think its implemented in FM12.

What's weird about Belgium? Looking at the rules for the top division, it just says "30 games, teams play each other twice".

I'm currently managing in Denmark, which is mildly interesting, I guess. Only 12 teams in the top division, with teams facing each other three times. The season runs from July to May, but there's a huge winter break from December to March, making the season feel like loads of loads of games, followed by nothing happening for absolute ages, followed by oh ****, loads and loads of games again, and why I am playing against FC Copenhagen again already? Then it's suddenly all over, and FC Copenhagen have won it.

Haha - i'm playing as FC Nordjaesland at the moment and know what you're talking about!

Although I just beat Copenhagen at their place....

Archived