Can't Negotiate with Amateur Club?

Not sure if this is a big, oversight, or working as designed: I want to sign a young player on an amateur contract (basically non-contract, no wage, no expiry date) but would have to pay 5k compensation to the club. There is no option to negotiate a transfer fee with the club, however. Should it be this way?

Yes I believe so, only professional players are subject to transfer fees.

That makes sense, but then the player shouldn't be bound by compensation rules, right? I wouldn't mind the small fee, but I have no transfer budget . . .

That makes sense, but then the player shouldn't be bound by compensation rules, right? I wouldn't mind the small fee, but I have no transfer budget . . .

Young players cost money to sign, even on amateur contracts or from amateur clubs. If you want to sign him for free, then you have to send the club an offer, and hope they accept.

The compensation in non-negotiable, and set by rules of UEFA/FIFA I believe. Though I don't think that compensation comes out of your transfer budget, though I am unsure of that.

Young players cost money to sign, even on amateur contracts or from amateur clubs. If you want to sign him for free, then you have to send the club an offer, and hope they accept.

The compensation in non-negotiable, and set by rules of UEFA/FIFA I believe. Though I don't think that compensation comes out of your transfer budget, though I am unsure of that.

Yes, the player is 20, so I understand that there would be compensation. The problem here is that I cannot send the club an offer in game. I can only sign the player.

Archived