Newbie starting: Need advice of database/leagues...

Ok was going to start a new game with Liverpool, not going to accept offers in other leagues, my project is just to try and build up a legacy at LFC.

What should I pick in the ways of other leagues and countries, do they need to be playable of just viewable to find talent there?

Started a large database with all leagues in the UK as playable and serie a/la liga playable, then a bunch as viewable (mexico, brazil, germany etc). But when trying to find staff or scouts I cant find any south americans?

Do I need to have some south american league playable or?

Pick as many as your computer and your patience can handle. The more the merrier. There are some custom database options which you can use to fill out your game world without activating the leagues, such as add all international players from a country/continent, add players to top clubs etc. I am running around 50 leagues and 150,000 players and while it slows a bit during transfer windows and end of season, it runs fast enough for my taste.

Do I need em all playable or just viewable?

On my setup, I choose playable only for those leagues that I think I might want to manage in at some point. I am still on FM11, though, so I am stuck with my choices. On 12 you can add or remove playable leagues as you go, right? Soverntear has the right of it- if you want lots of players, but not from places you want to manage, just use the custom database option and make view-only. About half the leagues on my setup are view only

Archived