Does the star ratings in training really matter??

i always wondered because normally i try to max out the stars or at least have 6 stars from some categories and just now i have played without touching the training and most of my categories are 4 stars and my team are playing better then when we have 6/7 star ratings. anyone else think the same or expereinced the same thing?

i always wondered because normally i try to max out the stars or at least have 6 stars from some categories and just now i have played without touching the training and most of my categories are 4 stars and my team are playing better then when we have 6/7 star ratings. anyone else think the same or expereinced the same thing?

Yes, training effects their stats.

As far as I am aware, performance is effected by team gelling, moral, tactics and their stats amongst other things.

It is reasonable to expect a world class striker to perform better than a bloke from the pub, training plays a part in keeping a world class strikers stats high or even turning the bloke from the pub into a world class striker.

So the correct training schedule, coupled with the best coaches and the best training facilities are desired.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">so its related more to their stats rather then performance?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a strange statement. Higher attributes = higher probability of better execution. I don't think it's like real life where a better defensive coach might enhance defensive performance, better set piece coach = more effective set pieces etc. You can have a 7 star defending coach but a defender with crap positioning, concentration and marking is still going to get caught out.

as well as having a high star rating in each category, the effectiveness of training will also consider the mental stats of the coach(es) assigned. I don't know how much of a bearing it has, but I suspect it is higher than we think. I always try to sign coaches with decent (>10) determination, motivating, man management and adaptability (if foreign).

In my current game I have a dutch coach, Bert Van Lingen, who is rated 7 stars in set pieces. He's been with the club for 3 years, but no players free kicks, corners, etc has ever increased even though most are on light to medium training in this area. I just noticed his man mgmt rating is 1, so I'm pretty sure it's because the players all hate him.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">originally posted by gavigan:-

In my current game I have a dutch coach, Bert Van Lingen, who is rated 7 stars in set pieces. He's been with the club for 3 years, but no players free kicks, corners, etc has ever increased even though most are on light to medium training in this area. I just noticed his man mgmt rating is 1, so I'm pretty sure it's because the players all hate him. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The set piece attributes stagnating/dropping is a bug and nothing to do with man management.

For trainign purposes it seems to work very well and it helped me get to grips with training schedules and employing coaches etc.

However for players, their current, potential and over all abilities I think the AI is too poor for it to work correctly.

It's a little too flakey and seems as fickle as a Middlesbrough supporter! One week your star winge who is baning in goals left right and centre all season is a 7 star monster player, then he's out for a few games with a minor injury and he's back to being a 5 -star 'good player'.

It seems too dynamic, and not in a good way! It's too easy for players to drop into obscurity with it and too hard for them to rise in rating. It just seems pointless.

Archived