Change the badly designed news module

TSH

One of the most important aspects of immersion in the game is the news module, which provides info about the football world.

As it is now it's almost useless. And SI hasn't bothered to properly design it for some years now.

The reason for it being useless is that it provides with the player with trash info. 90% of the news is about the same news conferences, the same replies of the players and the same statements from managers. I know that SI is trying to be "realistic" that this is not how it works in real life. Less interesting news, like for example ONE statement like "we want to win" or "x insignificant player will probably return" doesn't belong in the major headlines. Managers saying the exact same thing about Messi or Ronaldo -ALL THE TIME- doesn't belong in the headlines, ALL the time. The media filtering in this game is APPALLING.

But if I, as a player, decide to switch the media off in the manage subscriptions section I get almost NO MEDIA AT ALL. The game forces me to see all the drivel, when all I want is substantial news about teams, players and classes. The result of this is having 30 news items which 90% is ****. You can't switch them off though because that 10% may have something interesting. On the other hand, you can't possibly have media from other countries as well because the tally of the news items gets over 100 with ease!!

We need better filtering on the news. I want some interesting news and maybe some drivel, some news items that are weekly summaries for other nations, so I know what's going on. And don't let me start about each nation's news' page which has COMPLETELY worthless for some reason. There's not even news about major clashes in there.

As it is now, the news module actually prevents us for learning about the football world because it's so tedious. For the love of God, just COPY an internet site's mentality and LEARN to prioritize. If you can't just give us MORE tools to filter the news as proper.

STOP throwing and "improving" modules for the sake of it, especially when you don't care enough or have enough time to design them properly.

Can you stop with the random ranting on end of every single thread you create? You can put points across constructive without coming across as been arsey. If it carries on I'll close you thread's until you can learn to be constructive. Critism is all good and well but you have to do it in the correct manner.

If you look upon the news feed as a combination of your email, twitter feed, online sports news, printed press & all manner of other media formats it's not actually that cluttered.

Can you stop with the random ranting on end of every single thread you create? You can put points across constructive without coming across as been arsey.

I agree. OP it doesn't help your cause at all.

You do have a point, but I think you are seriously underestimating the difficulty, time and expense involved in re-modelling and debugging the system. I honestly don't find it that bad, it just takes a little while to set up. I happen think there are more important things that are in more urgent need of fixing, like the transfer system.

Archived