Help with managing National team

Just got my first National Head coaching job for Russia (first offer, don't know anything about russian football but I take it anyway lol), I tried looking for help thread regarding this but can't find it. I can't make head or tails of things like... coaches, do we need them since I can't find a training button... scouts, since there doesn't seem a way to assigned a staff for a national scout job, I'm guessing I just use the search feature and then (mis)-use my club scouts to scout the players out? :p... If there's already a thread on this could someone pls give me the link so I can familiarize my self better with it. Ty :)

robert: so the only attribute that matters from my assman and coaches are their judging player ability then?

I like the assman to have decent tactical knowledge and motivating so he can give advice on more than just how good a player is.

ty Acid. Mmm... I also noticed you can't change the match preparation workload, so does that mean the tactic familiarity will stay the same (which at minimum right now xD) or is it going to gradually improve by itself? Haven't play a game yet, the next game still 40 days away but that's a long time to help increase familiarity... if there's a way to do it xD

If you plan on managing internationally for a long time make sure you have managers for both your U21 and U19 teams, they save you the trouble of scavenging for talent by finding it themselves then letting you know when they think the prospects are ready for their first full cap. Doesn't hurt to have a scan in player search once in a while though! .. Also, players added to U21/U19s are not added to the national pool you have to do it manually or it does it for you when you "call them up" to the senior squad. Hope this helps.

Ty Dave. The russian team already had a full staff when I took over. I was thinking of changing some of the staff but since I'm not sure what difference they'd make aside from giving out advices, I probably won't. I'll probably search for any developing players every 6 months but... eh we'll see, I just want to experience it for now :p

If you haven't already make sure you have a full compliment of friendlies lined up on all the available dates (except the run up to major tournies where you want one every 4 or 5 days with about a week to leave before the tourny starts) as it helps with the rankings as well as gives you an idea of who's bright and who's sh***!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived