Finding Wonderkids

In one of my saves, in 2014 with Tottenham. Have 20 scouts, scouting all around the world. Looking for great regens. Found a lot of 4 stars. How do I find Wonderkids? I'm trying to build my youth team up, but can't seem to find anyone with wonderkid under their information.

I have just managed to get my first worldwide wonderkid after months of trying to find one. Had this lad for 3 years now since he was 15 and he's been quality.

2012-02-26_00001.jpg

2012-02-26_00002.jpg

2012-02-26_00003.jpg

I think that in the first 5 years or so wonderkids are pretty rare to come across but once further into the game they are everywhere.

I'm only in year 2016, but I have to say I'm struggling to find decent young talents. It's not as bad as it was for me on FM11, where I had a few good ones and one absolutely world class but couldn't find any for my youth team after that, but I still can't find nearly as many as I used to on older versions of the game. It reallu sucks :(

I have had 3 players called wonderkids in my squad in the last 2 seasons.

Player 1, cost me 6k from Spartak Moscow after finding him through a scout

Player 2, free from Ath Madrid. Found him on contract expiring.

Player 3, cost me 5.5m from Stuttgart. Was transfer listed.

None of these players were called 'wonderkid' when I signed them. They all signed at the age of 18 and all steadily got 1st team football more often until all 3 became regulars at the age of 20 which was when they started being touted. So my advice would be if you want to see a player get labelled as a 'wonderkid' then you need to be playing them!

I have just managed to get my first worldwide wonderkid after months of trying to find one. Had this lad for 3 years now since he was 15 and he's been quality.

2012-02-26_00001.jpg

2012-02-26_00002.jpg

2012-02-26_00003.jpg

I think that in the first 5 years or so wonderkids are pretty rare to come across but once further into the game they are everywhere.

Ackter must be proud, surely his name isn't a coincidence

it's the third regen son I saw this week :D

somebody had fun in Genk

In years past (and, when I get to that point, this year, too) I've found wonderkids by getting several 20/20 scouts and going through the youth teams about two days after they're created, scouting anyone who has a value of more than, say, 500k (for England, at least; other countries may vary). If someone gets three/four stars, I sign them if I can; if I can't, I try again in January, and again in the next summer. It's easiest to do this if you set notes for yourself that remind you that "X" nation needs to be scouted; it just pops up in your mail, "Scout Spain", "Scout France", etc. if you do it right.

It takes about 15-20 mins, all told, but it's the easiest way I've found to get good talent early. Plus, after you do this for a few seasons (three or four, usually) you can sell the kids on for a profit if they're not good enough for your team, and that lets you dictate where they'll go (if you want to starve your league of young talent, buying up all the young strikers and selling them as far away as possible tends to help a lot).

Player star rating is relative to the strength of your squad. Playing as Tottenham it will only be the future Messis and Ronaldos who will have more than 4 star potential. Read their scout reports and note how they're compared with your best players. "Potential to be as good as Bale" might only show 3.5 - 4 stars but could well be one of the top 20 future players in the world.

Star rating is very important. Its far more important than Wonderkid status for the reasons stated by previous posters. Just keep in mind that stars are relative to your current squad.

Archived