For the love of God, change the player interaction

TSH

Man, this game has so many illogical, half finished and have developed design issues that it's beyond belief. The more you play the more you discover issues that can make you really mad.

One of the unchanged features for many years is the lack of communication with your players. You can't shout at them when they have played badly. You can only shout at them when the game says the have played badly (rating below 6.0). So many time players perform 6.3 or 6.8 in a game they should be totally dominating but you can't say anything to them after the match. You can't fine them, if you privately chat with them they won't accept your criticism, their morale for some bizarre reason will change like you killed their loved ones, you can't punish them with more training, you can't tell them that because they are playing badly they have lost their starting 11 position - but you can THREATEN them, after one game, to SELL them in order to catch their attention. That's some great management there, eh?

God damn, just hire a proper designer who knows about football to design these modules or DON'T INCLUDE THEM AT ALL.

Use some logic! Listen to the community and don't throw in the game random design drivel. Give us the opportunity to actually manage!

Use some logic! Listen to the community and don't throw in the game random design drivel. Give us the opportunity to actually manage!

You might be part of the community but given your previous rants its fair to say most of community disagree with you.

In terms of performance 6.7 is the average and I don't agree you should be able to fine a player for putting in an average performance.

Personally I feel the ratings can be improved but in terms of your issue I feel you should put more effort into understanding the player interaction and how attributes (hidden & visable) affect their reactions.

I agree that the player interaction needs a bit of work to be honest, however I don't agree with the way you've come across on this point. Chill out eh.

My opinion is that ALL interaction within the game becomes predictable, from press conferences to team meetings to player interaction.

For example - I know that if I decline a press conference straight after I've taken over I'll get a "*X* snubs the media". Yet if I attend, answer the first question (Are you happy to take over) in a positive way then "no comment" the rest of the interview that I'll get "*X* is delighted to take over" even though I've not even given an interview.

Also, with player/board interaction the answers/responses seem so constricted in that after a month or so you know what to expect from the get go. By that I mean from their concern to my answer to their response I know what to say to make the problem go away without even really taking notice to the matter in hand.

I can only imagine with coding and the such like that it can be difficult to program different conversations but when you really get into the game it becomes an integral part of being a teams manager that I think it should really be a top priority for an expansion or a remake (whatever you call it where you start from scratch..).

As you all play the game anyway I would think that you would all have the same concerns and are working on the problem for the next release but that won't stop people like TSH from ranting. Won't be the last time it comes up but hey, that's what the forums are for ha.

In terms of performance 6.7 is the average and I don't agree you should be able to fine a player for putting in an average performance.

You don't agree? Then we shouldn't do it my friend. Let's all play this game the game YOU want. It's not enough that you actually CAN'T create a manager persona in this game that the game can recognize or have any ways to be properly strict, we must accept an average perfomance and be ok with it? What ever happened to "play like you want" or "be the manager"? I'm not a manager who accepts mediocre performances against weaker sides.

I don't need to understand the player interaction, it's completely ridiculous and easy. I have no problem with it. But it's nowhere near flexible enough to offer some basic logic or allow the player to say what he wants. There are many options missing, options that are part of football, and if you can't see that then there's nothing really to talk about. It's really sad when people get so blind by a game...

Why do you play the game, can I ask? If there are so many problems/bugs in it then surely it must be a massive waste of your time.. As for me - I enjoy playing the game and sure, like with all games, there are areas which are annoying/need improving - but that doesn't bother me enough to spend hours trolling forums with rants. If you look around the forums you'll see there are people who agree with some of your points (even me on a few) but the way you come across is arrogant and agressive. Chill the eff out and stop brain farting honestly, nothing annoys ME more.

I agreed with your point that the interaction needs changes, maybe even an overhaul - but the perfect system will never be created otherwise there wouldn't be a FM13/14/15 it would just be Football Manager.

EDIT:

You don't agree? Then we shouldn't do it my friend. Let's all play this game the game YOU want.

I find it also fairly ironic, even laughable, that you are bemoaning someone for having an opinion purely because it contradicts yours. You say you want the game to be realistic and yet where do you see managers fining players left right and center for putting in an average performance? If that were true then Bolton wouldn't have paid a penny in wages all season! The truth is you NEVER see managers fining players for average, or even poor performances IRL, the most they do is drop them from the starting line-up, and AVB hasn't even done that to Torres until yesterday so there's another point disproved.

Why do you play the game, can I ask? If there are so many problems/bugs in it then surely it must be a massive waste of your time.. As for me - I enjoy playing the game and sure, like with all games, there are areas which are annoying/need improving - but that doesn't bother me enough to spend hours trolling forums with rants. If you look around the forums you'll see there are people who agree with some of your points (even me on a few) but the way you come across is arrogant and agressive. Chill the eff out and stop brain farting honestly, nothing annoys ME more.

I agreed with your point that the interaction needs changes, maybe even an overhaul - but the perfect system will never be created otherwise there wouldn't be a FM13/14/15 it would just be Football Manager.

EDIT:

I find it also fairly ironic, even laughable, that you are bemoaning someone for having an opinion purely because it contradicts yours. You say you want the game to be realistic and yet where do you see managers fining players left right and center for putting in an average performance? If that were true then Bolton wouldn't have paid a penny in wages all season! The truth is you NEVER see managers fining players for average, or even poor performances IRL, the most they do is drop them from the starting line-up, and AVB hasn't even done that to Torres until yesterday so there's another point disproved.

Bang on, on all fronts.

It does need some change, but it is far from broken. Where it lacks is options, but like many complex features, it is a work in progress. I for one would like the option to have a chat about players looking disinterested or complacent on the pitch. Still and all, though, the system works fine. It is a great step forward from when your only interaction options were to go to the press, or fine a player.

Archived