Rate the transfer system for FM2012

Just want to check how do most people feel about the transfer system in fm12. Although u can easily identify clubs that are interested in your players, but it is very difficult for me to offload the players i do not want. Is it the case for most of you? Even loaning out your young players seems to be having problem. They just do not want to accept other clubs' offer. Any solutions?

I don't find it too bad, one could argue that it was too easy on previous FM to offload dead wood or make big sales.

Though it gets frustrating sometimes, i had a left-back that played for me for years and had a hard time selling him, there should be more interest on a player like him, i don't have a problem with loans at the moment playing in England, they are working fine for me.

The biggest issue is the amount of high potential youngsters that are released from top clubs imo.

its way to easy to exploit, and its to easy to sign players

other then that I have no problems with it, the selling part seams to be better ballanced then it have on the past few fm's for one

Its easy to exploit in terms of signing players or offloading? Care to share some tips/ways that u do if its regarding offloading of players.

you cant sell players except the ones you want to sell.

and watching the top clubs buying average players while offloading older top players is funny, especially as the likes of west ham are buying talent

and the wonderkids being bought and left to rot in reserves needs adressing.

3/10

> Far, far too easy to assemble a league-beating squad from free transfers alone (I play with no visible attributes and this is still the case).

> AI is poor at identifying areas of weakness in their squads.

> AI isn't ambitious enough with transfers. The AI seems to buy players 'good enough' for their level rather than chasing better players.

> Not enough mega-transfers, i.e. in excess of 30M. In RL we saw two last year alone.

> Low chance for marquee signings by clubs from lesser leagues, because most players apparently aren't remotely interested in quintupling their wage.

> AI is too willing to sign 15%+ increases in yearly wage and 'match highest earner clause', handicapping the club a few years down the line.

> Not enough competition for players in the lower leagues, especially for free transfers.

> Conversely some players who think they are better than they are (or are too aware of their CA, which is at odds with their reputation) would rather retire at 25 than lower their wage demands.

> AI is better than it was concerning loan-signings but players still generally aren't willing to go and the AI doesn't use pursue loan signings enough.

> Player reputation, especially for prolific goalscorers, doesn't increase anywhere near fast enough.

> Over-reliance on reputation in general.

3/10

> Far, far too easy to assemble a league-beating squad from free transfers alone (I play with no visible attributes and this is still the case).

> AI is poor at identifying areas of weakness in their squads.

> AI isn't ambitious enough with transfers. The AI seems to buy players 'good enough' for their level rather than chasing better players.

> Not enough mega-transfers, i.e. in excess of 30M. In RL we saw two last year alone.

> Low chance for marquee signings by clubs from lesser leagues, because most players apparently aren't remotely interested in quintupling their wage.

> AI is too willing to sign 15%+ increases in yearly wage and 'match highest earner clause', handicapping the club a few years down the line.

> Not enough competition for players in the lower leagues, especially for free transfers.

> Conversely some players who think they are better than they are (or are too aware of their CA, which is at odds with their reputation) would rather retire at 25 than lower their wage demands.

> AI is better than it was concerning loan-signings but players still generally aren't willing to go and the AI doesn't use pursue loan signings enough.

> Player reputation, especially for prolific goalscorers, doesn't increase anywhere near fast enough.

> Over-reliance on reputation in general.

This , pretty much.

The AI governing AI transfers and squad management is broken.

2 / 10

I find it crap to be honest, I've had several players up for sale for over 12 months and not had a single offer despite them all having interested clubs. These are pretty decent players too, any Blue Square or Evo-Stik team would be interested in them for sure.

Awful. I took Sheff Wed the premier league in successive seasons and in our first season the in PL Frazier Campbell scored 26 league goals. At no point has another team shown any interest in him much less make a bid.

Can you in imagine in real life no one taking notice of a striker playing for a relatively small team who was signed for free and scores 26 league goals?

2/10 - utterly abysmal. Players aren't adaptable enough, would rather retire than settle for a lower wage, clubs aren't active enough in looking to improve, no one out of hundreds or even thousands of clubs in fully loaded leagues is interested in a loan player for free. Been a joke for ages, aspect of FM with by far the most potential for improvement.

4/10 better than FM11 by a clear margin. But the reputation system is now seriously outdated and in need of replacement. The AI clubs and managers do not get rid of players anywhere near cynically enough - it is as if they are autorenewing contracts and it is then up to the player to decide to go; and they usually don't. I am now in the 8th season with Bradford and most other clubs have well over half of their first team squads aged 29 and above, many of which are 35+ and been at the club since the start.

They AI managers need to:

A. Get rid of 2,5 star and below players that are not home-grown

B. Get rid of declining players (31 years and above)

C. Get rid of players that won't be of use in the preffered tactic

D. Get rid of players that disrupt the dressing room harmony at the club

E. Get rid of players that earn a significant amount more money than the others at the club - there must be a much more restrictive wage structure at each club

1. Sign 3,5 star and above players

2. Sign young or otherwise cheap players which could possibly earn them a profit later on (unless we talk about the giant clubs - then they need to sign the best players in the world. Real Madrid should really spend what they have every year not covet their gold like a dragon)

3. Sign players that fit a specific role or duty

4. Sign players with good personalities, and tutor those who doesn't have them

5. Be much more restrictive when it comes to negotiating contracts with staff and players - the best AI managers should be competitive also in this area

The AI players need to:

* Know what his current skill level is and to a degree how good he can become in the future

* Know what his rank at the current club is, and what it would likely be at all other clubs he could conceivably know about

* If he is ranked 3rd or lower in his position, he should want either a permanent or temporary move to another club where he is either 1st or 2nd, based on age, ambition and loyalty

* If he is ranked 1st or 2nd at the club, he should send his agent to look for a new club if he has played less than half of the total amount of games the previous season (or thereabouts, also based on ambition, age and loyalty)

* More aged players should consider quitting while the game is good

* Very very few young players who could play football at a level where they could earn twice or more a normal taxpayer's wage should retire because they aren't offered jobs anywhere (this is a combined issue of all of these bullet points). This is now a plague in FM and it is really a huge problem to the gaming world

the AI signings are bizzare

west ham got promoted with me in thier second season. and promply went out and tbouth xhaka

and this season bought maicon

manchester united? they went out and bought......martin olsson

according to genie scout

man city are best average team on abiliy, followed by chelsea (who do naff all) then man utd, arsenal, liverpool then my blackpool side swap my blackpool and liverpool for potentials6 games into the premier league atm. spurs are bottom. they are just below me in ability and potential.

Awful. I took Sheff Wed the premier league in successive seasons and in our first season the in PL Frazier Campbell scored 26 league goals. At no point has another team shown any interest in him much less make a bid.

Can you in imagine in real life no one taking notice of a striker playing for a relatively small team who was signed for free and scores 26 league goals?

Weird with Sheff Utd Ched Evans scored Scored 47 in 53 games first season in League One. The start of 2nd season Everton, Bolton, Wolves have all made an approach which I rejected. Then in the Championship he scored 32 in 37 games and at start of 3rd season interest is high again. Celtic, Everton, Fulham all want him.

I may have been a little harsh. I mean I think it's a good system, especially relatively-speaking. It took me literally hundreds of hours to tweak FIFA 11's transfer system into something approaching functional, so I should know.

It's just not at all challenging for an experienced FM player. The transfer market is my absolute favourite part of the whole game, but feels the most crucially flawed :(

Yeah, I'm not really saying anything new, but I concur with most of the previous posts- it's very easy to bring in players too good for your side, but tough to actually move anyone on. For me the bane is not being able to loan youngsters out- unless it's a feeder club, they just won't go.

I find the system to be poor. Clubs fail to sign players who would vastly improve their team and are available for free. Clubs do not show any interest in players who are doing well for human teams unless they meet some narrow criteria, when they do show interest they often fail to make bids, and when they do make bids, they are often well below the value that a human player would find acceptable. Instead the AI keeps playing and offering new contracts to players who perform poorly, and releases its promising youngsters on a free or keeps them rotting in the reserves or on the bench, so they never reach their potential.

Players themselves are too content to stay at their current teams even if they do not get any playing time. Players without a club are much too picky when it comes to accepting contracts - they will rather retire at their peak age than sign for a club that is below their reputation threshold. Players who do well for medium and small sized clubs are too content to stay at their current team, instead of requesting transfers and forcing moves to bigger clubs.

Clubs also do not show any interest in players available on loan who would improve their squads and who would be available for no fee and with no wage contribution. Players themselves often reject loan moves, even if they have the "looking forward to going on loan to gain match experience" item in their transfer status.

What saddens me most about this is that the transfer system has remained relatively unchanged since FM2009, despite numerous requests for improvements and various complaints. All we usually get is a generic statement from SI that they are looking at it and are trying to make the system as close to reality as possible, but very little has changed in this respect since 2008.

I find the system to be poor. Clubs fail to sign players who would vastly improve their team and are available for free. Clubs do not show any interest in players who are doing well for human teams unless they meet some narrow criteria, when they do show interest they often fail to make bids, and when they do make bids, they are often well below the value that a human player would find acceptable. Instead the AI keeps playing and offering new contracts to players who perform poorly, and releases its promising youngsters on a free or keeps them rotting in the reserves or on the bench, so they never reach their potential.

Players themselves are too content to stay at their current teams even if they do not get any playing time. Players without a club are much too picky when it comes to accepting contracts - they will rather retire at their peak age than sign for a club that is below their reputation threshold. Players who do well for medium and small sized clubs are too content to stay at their current team, instead of requesting transfers and forcing moves to bigger clubs.

Clubs also do not show any interest in players available on loan who would improve their squads and who would be available for no fee and with no wage contribution. Players themselves often reject loan moves, even if they have the "looking forward to going on loan to gain match experience" item in their transfer status.

What saddens me most about this is that the transfer system has remained relatively unchanged since FM2009, despite numerous requests for improvements and various complaints. All we usually get is a generic statement from SI that they are looking at it and are trying to make the system as close to reality as possible, but very little has changed in this respect since 2008.

This is exactly how I feel. The last part especially.

Also other clubs demand like twice the value of the players but yet the clubs that bid for your players don't pay that much.

Because they don't want to sell them, that's why they ask for stupid amounts.

Because they don't want to sell them, that's why they ask for stupid amounts.

Except they shouldn't ask for such stupid amounts, because clubs need money... which brings us to the deficiencies of the financial model in FM, which contributes to transfer system problems.

Except they shouldn't ask for such stupid amounts, because clubs need money... which brings us to the deficiencies of the financial model in FM, which contributes to transfer system problems.

It's there way of telling you he's not for sale. So they ask for a stupid amount. And not all clubs need money.

I know what it means. My point is that in real life there are very few players who are really not for sale, and very few clubs that do not need money. In the game, clubs can afford to reject bids they would be accepting in reality.

Besides, a more logical way of communicating this to the player would be a message saying "X is not for sale" instead of the AI asking for 100m+ for non-world class players, but that really is beside the point.

I know what it means. My point is that in real life there are very few players who are really not for sale, and very few clubs that do not need money. In the game, clubs can afford to reject bids they would be accepting in reality.

Besides, a more logical way of communicating this to the player would be a message saying "X is not for sale" instead of the AI asking for 100m+ for non-world class players, but that really is beside the point.

I agree... but didn't SI change it because people kept complaining that the AI kept saying their players weren't for sale?

Wouldn't it be more simple if you just got a message saying 'No we don't want to sell him' then?

Why? They'll accept a stupid amount of money just like teams IRL do. Everyone has their price no matter how indespensable they are. When you bid and they come back with a unrealstic bid then there saying we want to keep him but if you want him you'll have to pay xxxxx amount

Why? They'll accept a stupid amount of money just like teams IRL do. Everyone has their price no matter how indespensable they are. When you bid and they come back with a unrealstic bid then there saying we want to keep him but if you want him you'll have to pay xxxxx amount
i agree . did Liverpool want to sell Torres no but when Chelsea bid £50m for him Liverpool said yes as it was a stupid amount

Except that in the game a stupid amount is not 50m for Fernando Torres, but 100m for Robert Lewandowski after he scored 20 goals in 3 seasons with an average rating of 6.75 (you can check this thread:http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290364-Way-too-high-transfer-fee-demands). The OP in that thread even had to bid 46 million before they quoted him the 101m figure, which is utterly ridiculous for a player who put in that kind of performances.

Except that in the game a stupid amount is not 50m for Fernando Torres, but 100m for Robert Lewandowski after he scored 20 goals in 3 seasons with an average rating of 6.75 (you can check this thread:http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/290364-Way-too-high-transfer-fee-demands). The OP in that thread even had to bid 46 million before they quoted him the 101m figure, which is utterly ridiculous for a player who put in that kind of performances.

I take your point here, but the original argumentstill stands. There would be no end of moaning on these boards if you would offer stupid money and the AI would just refuse the sale. So, you get this sort of thing. Nothing really wrong with it, it just offends your sensibilities (and mine to an extent). In the example you quoted, the AI just doesn't want to let the player go. The only stupid element to it would be if someone actually paid for it. How hard is it, in all honestly, just to walk away from the negotiations and find a new transfer target?

Yeah, but it wasn't like in the previous versions the AI would say "X is not for sale" and then refuse to sell him regardless of the amount you offered. It said "X is not for sale", but if you made a bid high enough, it would be accepted. The last time there was an unconditional "not for sale" option was the first version of CM 97/98, and then it was removed in a patch. So the situation is pretty much the same, except that the AI will now quote you some sky-high price for a player instead of flat out refusing until you meet the tipping point.

Really, my complaint with this situation is that the AI refuses 46m pounds for a player who has performed average at best. In real life, a forward with that kind of stats for a top club would be let go for a comparatively low amount and a replacement would be brought in. In the game, he's still a first team player and is apparently worth over 100 million pounds to Borussia, which really is symptomatic of all the problems with the transfer system that have been mentioned so far in this thread.

I get it Endtime- it's more the symptom than the actual issue that the AI doesn't want to sell. There was a similar thread a wekk or so back (maybe 2) by DaveC which hit some important points as well, that the AI doesn't seem to look down the leagues for talent, and the larger problem is that its squad-building is sometimes very poor. Your Lewandoski example might fit if they are indeed valuing him so highly- the AI criteria for players is skewed.

Well I often get media speculation regarding my players, and they calculate player value + asking price /2. However, it doesn't seem like the clubs are too impressed with the high asking price, since with Bradford I have never received an offer for any of my players doing this. I only get bids for those I have forgot to set their asking price, and then the bid is the player value, which is ridiculously low.

Take this guy, for instance:

demel18.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

demel22.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

He didn't turn out as good as I hoped he would, and I will probably sell him next summer window. However, I will probably not get to sell him for much more than what he is worth, and I believe that if I were to bid for him at an AI club, I would probably how to pay at least three times his current value. At the same time, I have set his asking price to 40m to avoid the annoying media speculations and insulting bids from the AI. If I remove the asking price, and am lucky enough to have clubs interested in him you can be damn sure they will bid 11.5m and not a penny more, and the maximum counter-offer I could answer with is 125% of the original bid (or something around there). If I say 20m, which I believe would be a fair denand for a 22 years-old French international whose stats last season was 36(app)16(goals)16(assists)6(mom)7.59(avr) as a right winger, I am 100% certain they would withdraw from negotiations because my demand was 200% of their initial bid.

When I bid for such players, I follow the advice of my scouts and bid somewhere in the middle between base value and his suggestion. Then I get a counter-offer of twice or thrice that, and that's when the real negotiations begin. The AI must also do this! My first counter-offer is exactly as far away from what I -really- would settle for as theirs... so why aren't they programmed to know their own game!??? No wonder so few players are signed compared to real life...

Except that this doesn't really happen in negotiations... If you don't want to sell something, it is up to the potential buyer to "show you the money", not the other way round - i.e. you don't pluck a number out of thin air - the buyer has to put a really good offer in front of you.

If the original issue was that previously, the AI rejected too many bids, it is entirely possible that making the AI spout out stupid prices has not solved the root cause, that the AI is too fussy (which possibly has more root causes, such as clubs in general having too much money, or reputation getting in the way again, etc.).

i have found a strange one.

my scout was going around europe... found a newgen at a second divison serbian club. i do not have this league loaded so he was playing for serbia U21 and therfore had no compensation to pay. nice freebie.

yet had to pay 2.7 million to anji in compensation for srna?

the AI have a set price for thier players, if you look on geniescout it tells you the acceptable price. of course that is excluding things like the board accepting the bid (which in terms of african clubs can be as low as 800k). the funny one is the teams saying no to bids on newgens that have a nice "approach to sign" option, that are slightly OVER the compensation payment for using that option.

i was looking at geniescout at neymar, gotze, hazard etc. all valued way over 40million, man city bought hamsik for 46 million on my save.

Archived