Players needing a rest.

TRC

I have quite a few players in my Under 19's and first team in need of a rest. I'm only into November and these players are needing a rest, my training schedules aren't intense, and some of these players have good stamina and fitness stats (Theo Janssen)

Why are they so tired?

In my experience, just a packed fixture list can do that, if they've been playing a lot of matches. Resting them for game or two should do the trick. It's always a good idea to keep an eye on the match fitness and the condition, and make sure that you rotate your squad to prevent too many players getting tired.

(Edit: That goes for the first team, at least. I can't be bothered to micromanage the U19's. Those suckers are on their own. ;) )

I have two great CB prospects and they only play for the U19's yet they are constantly in need of a rest. It's December and I've already sent them on holiday once. They don't play reserve games.
Does your assistant or a youth coach manage your U19's, or do you do it yourself? Coaches often aren't exactly great at managing player fitness, which is yet another reason for doing the proper youth development within the context of the first team. Check to see if they have low work rate or stamina, though, and maybe get the stamina up with individual focus training?

It can be caused by lack of training quality or intensity, causing your players to not regain their condition quickly enough. Once they are back to 95+ percent, they should no longer be jaded, but if they end up in the fifties after 90 minutes something is wrong with your training or their Natural Fitness attributes.

Check if they are set to train properly, with good coaches. The workload of the coaches should be Light and when I set my youth to the maximum of Normal intensity (most categories can be pushed to Medium even for youth schedules) I have no problems with jadedness even when my youth players play all the reserve and u18 matches.

I did notice that if they aren't a full squad down there, somehow the few players you do have tend to get jaded sooner.

Archived