Mexican League

Hi everyone,

I've been playing the Mexican League and having lots of fun (even with the home and away game issue). However, I have no idea how the game chooses who goes to play in the North American Champions League, and the Copa Libertadores. I would really appreciate it if someone could explain it to me.

They get 4 spots for The Concacaf Champions league, the winner of the apertura and runner up get two spots and the other 2 are from the winner from Clausura and runner up. Now that I think about it Im intrigue of who qualifies if they have the same winner and runner up for both Apertura and Clausura. For the Copa Libartadores the Top 3 clubs from the Apertura Regular season standings qualify for the Libartadores. The Mexican league is alot of fun to manage since any of the teams can become Champions, which team are you managing? I haven't managed there on a while but I usually go with Cruz Azul.

Thanks Diablito!

That really explains it well, sort of a convoluted system! I'm playing as Xolos Tijuana, and in the first Clausura I made it to the semi-final, so by the next year I was invited to the Concachamptions, I guess because Cruz Azul made it to the Championship game twice. It seems that if you are playing in the Concachampions you can't play the Copa Libertadores even if you are top three in points in the Apertura league standings.

Intresting choice of league, tbh i never stray outside of Europe because without being part of UEFA it is impossible to become a super club and attract world level talent, just my opinion ofc

PS - sorry for contributing nothing to the actual question lol

While you cannot attract world class players at their peak in a country like Brazil you can keep hold of world class players if you get them while they are young. In Mexico and Argentina you can keep hold of talented enough players to eventually dominate domestically and continentally.

I like Mexico but haven't really managed there on FM12 yet.

While you cannot attract world class players at their peak in a country like Brazil you can keep hold of world class players if you get them while they are young. In Mexico and Argentina you can keep hold of talented enough players to eventually dominate domestically and continentally.

I like Mexico but haven't really managed there on FM12 yet.

In FM11 how long did you play in Mexico for? Did you manage to raise the rep of the league?

In FM11 how long did you play in Mexico for? Did you manage to raise the rep of the league?

I was only there for four seasons before moving on. I won the Copa Libertadores twice as well as the NACL and then moved on as the aim of my game was to win every continents version of the Champions League. I was very lucky because the team I moved to had been taken over by a tycoon. The league reputation was still 3 stars when I went if I had stayed I think I could have got it higher because the other Mexican sides were always good in continental competition.

I was more interested in managing in country like China or India tbh, just for pure reason of population, if you could raise rep of league and improve facilities and stadiums i was curious to see if national team would dominate the world. But since they are not european is almost pointless for me being that Champions league hold all revenue and is biggest rep comp. You could make them best rated AFC (asian conferderation) country and still have pretty lowly standing in worldwide point of view.

It seems that if you are playing in the Concachampions you can't play the Copa Libertadores even if you are top three in points in the Apertura league standings.

Sadly, it's currently a case of the "best" 4 teams in Mexico having to play in the lesser-respected Champions League, whereas the others get to play in the bigger Libertadores. That said, the CL is the only way for a North/Central American squad to play in the Club World Cup.

Mexico, as a whole, has been vastly overrated for several years now (it's been a running joke for us MLS die-hards, as it wasn't uncommon to find players with -8 or -9 PAs and not have a single attribute entered into the DB.) Before I even started my game, I went through the DB and lowered the rep of every FMF team by 500 points, placing the bottom two or three pretty much equal to the standard MLS squad. I'm in 2016 right now and my Vancouver squad has clawed their way up to 6th in the North American reputation chart. Oddly, the FMF clubs have really struggled in the Champions League, having only won the 2011/12 tourny.

• 1 year later...

Archived