Loyalty to players

Apologies if its been covered in another thread but was just wondering about the 'Loyalty to players' attribute in the manager profile screen, mine is getting low now, my impression was that it's determined by what you say in the press after a bad game or something, but now its just crossed my mind that it could be about how long you keep players and let them see out contracts etc; which would be disappointing for me as i have had back-to-back promotions and major re-structuring was needed. Any insight will be appreciated.

I think it's something along the line like where you promise a player a certain status like rotation but you ended up playing him only as a back up, and maybe if you make promises that you didn't keep, maybe sticking with him when he's had a bad game at press conference too? I don't know... I'm more concerned if there's an effect for having low attribute for it, like it's harder to buy players?

Well, I've gotten my Loyalty to players up to 3/4ths full over 8 years with the same team, but I can't really say what was the reason for it because I try to do all things pretty equally that were mentioned in this thread, those being not selling many players, praising players in press conferences, and keeping my promises. To go into specifics, I haven't sold more than 2 players in one year yet as I choose to just let their contracts run out. I attend every press conference since I don't really trust my assistant and I praise them with either "player had a solid game" or "player was absolutely astounding", while protecting them too with replies like "every player has a bad day, we'll just move on quickly" (for bad shooting nights) and "It was an ugly tackle, but sometimes players just get carried away" (red card). In terms of promises, I've only kept about 10 or so promises till now, most of them of the "strengthen the squad" variety (always makes me laugh when a player wants the squad strengthened... so I buy a starter for his position and relegate him to the bench :D).

Like I said, I don't really know which was the factor in the loyalty to players increasing, but do what you want with what I wrote, since I assume one of those is the reason for the increase.

Well, I've gotten my Loyalty to players up to 3/4ths full over 8 years with the same team, but I can't really say what was the reason for it because I try to do all things pretty equally that were mentioned in this thread, those being not selling many players, praising players in press conferences, and keeping my promises. To go into specifics, I haven't sold more than 2 players in one year yet as I choose to just let their contracts run out. I attend every press conference since I don't really trust my assistant and I praise them with either "player had a solid game" or "player was absolutely astounding", while protecting them too with replies like "every player has a bad day, we'll just move on quickly" (for bad shooting nights) and "It was an ugly tackle, but sometimes players just get carried away" (red card). In terms of promises, I've only kept about 10 or so promises till now, most of them of the "strengthen the squad" variety (always makes me laugh when a player wants the squad strengthened... so I buy a starter for his position and relegate him to the bench :D).

Like I said, I don't really know which was the factor in the loyalty to players increasing, but do what you want with what I wrote, since I assume one of those is the reason for the increase.

Yeah seems like it factors down to doing everything you've just said, but when that striker misses 5 CCC's you just have to execute the donkey in the press :lol: well at least i do :D

• 6 years later...

When you offer a player out this stat seems to plummet. If on the other hand you transfer players only when a player comes to you and complain about something (lack of first team appearances for example); and they agree to be transfer listed and you only sell when a club comes to you, then this stat stays at status quo. It would be nice if SI could tell us what effect this stat has, if any.

Archived