Scouting Range

How on earth can i get my scouting range increased?

I'm in league One and still can only scout UK & Ireland...

And my board won't listen to any of my requests, i've tried each one and still no luck...

Its really annoying and in comparison to last years games a step backwards...

I know for a fact that my local team(playing in the 2nd tier in Ireland, on a small budget,in comparison to English league clubs) scout in Belgium, France, Poland, Holland...

So why can't I?

/rant

Would need a little bit more info on your club to make an assessment mate, but these are some factors you should take into consideration;

1. Your clubs reputation

2. Your clubs financial capabilities

3. Number of scouts employed

4. Owners status (i.e. is he looking to sell)

That last one is just to say that if a chairman was looking to sell it is hard to progress the club in terms of facilities and budgets because they are only seeking the short term gains.

Would need a little bit more info on your club to make an assessment mate, but these are some factors you should take into consideration;

1. Your clubs reputation

2. Your clubs financial capabilities

3. Number of scouts employed

4. Owners status (i.e. is he looking to sell)

That last one is just to say that if a chairman was looking to sell it is hard to progress the club in terms of facilities and budgets because they are only seeking the short term gains.

1. Regional

2. OK(350k in the bank)

3. Loves the Club

4. 3 Scouts Employed, allowed 7

...Also i have noticed in my last backroom advice meeting that some of my staff suggested players to scout, so i selected to scout them, the players were playing in Holland, but if i go to the player the option isn't there to scout, its only available in the backroom advice meeting...

Cheers in advance

I agree with OP here. I have never really satisfactorily got around this. Even when I got a team from BSP to Championship, with lots of money in the bank, they kept me to UK & Ireland only in scouting. Seems one just has to wait till the chairman himself decides it's the right thing to do. Don't think you can rush him!

I haven't tried yet in FM12 (because I haven't made it through the first season yet). But in FM11, I got my board to allow me an extended range after my first season getting promoted from BSP to L2 with Bath.I think i had to ask twice for this before the board allowed it.

• 8 months later...

Get used to it. If you're starting out in the BSS / BSN you aren't going to get an extended scouting range until you get to at least League 1, even then it will depend on your clubs reputation.

In many previous iterations of FM10,11,12 when starting out in BSS/BSN I was never able to get extended scouting till the Championship. I started out in the BSS/BSN leagues though using clubs with little or no reputation at all.

I'm actually shocked that Post #7 was able to get extended range after getting promoted from BSP to L2.

EDIT: A trick that worked in previous FM's was to hire foreign coaches with high recruitment backroom advice attributes. E.g hiring a french coach with high recruitment - he would occasionally recommend to me a french player and give me the players report even though the player was out of my scouting range. Don't know if this has been fixed.

When we entered League Two we started to build a new stadium for around 7M, which put the club in huge debt. Now half-season into League One the board agreed to upgrade the training facilities for another 2M, so obviously there are no financial problems, but they still refuse to increase the scouting range. Doesn't seem right.

Archived