Non League faults

Hi guys, first post on here after recently signing up and thought i would share my opinion on the non league part of football manager 2012 and possible ideas for 2013, i love this game and played them since around 2006, but for me non league just isnt good enough i will share my views.

1. In real life you often have many of league scouts fishing around the non league games looking for a young cheap player they can see potential in, i very rarely see this in fm, same with league club asking your club if they can take the chance to take a player on trial to check him out.

2. Player stats, most clubs in the prem, championship, league 1 and league 2 have virtualy right player stats, some of the main bsp players stats no where near reflect what they are like in real life. It bugs me :(

3. Players missing from some non league clubs, this doesnt happen in the other leagues

4. When players moan about contracts it would be nice to have options such as we are not in a position to better your current wage you will only be able to sign a new contract if you accept a cut in wages etc

I know this seems like im moaning but im just putting my concerns out there :) i love the football manager series so im slating it, would love to hear your guys views on this to see if any of you agree with me, i for one definately think the non leagues need a few things added to them

Hi guys, first post on here after recently signing up and thought i would share my opinion on the non league part of football manager 2012 and possible ideas for 2013, i love this game and played them since around 2006, but for me non league just isnt good enough i will share my views.

1. In real life you often have many of league scouts fishing around the non league games looking for a young cheap player they can see potential in, i very rarely see this in fm, same with league club asking your club if they can take the chance to take a player on trial to check him out.

2. Player stats, most clubs in the prem, championship, league 1 and league 2 have virtualy right player stats, some of the main bsp players stats no where near reflect what they are like in real life. It bugs me :(

3. Players missing from some non league clubs, this doesnt happen in the other leagues

4. When players moan about contracts it would be nice to have options such as we are not in a position to better your current wage you will only be able to sign a new contract if you accept a cut in wages etc

I know this seems like im moaning but im just putting my concerns out there :) i love the football manager series so im slating it, would love to hear your guys views on this to see if any of you agree with me, i for one definately think the non leagues need a few things added to them

Welcome to the forums.

Agree 100% about point 1, especially the trial aspect.

Point 2 and 3: A lot of the work on players and clubs is done by unpaid researchers. Obviously the lower down the pyramid you go, the less information is available about players and the harder it gets to make it 100% accurate. If there is any specific details then have a look in the data issues forum and post in the thread (either club specific if there is one, or the general non league thread). Also if any players have been signed since the the game has been released then they won't be at the correct clubs as there hasn't been a database update yet for FM12.

Point 4, there is an option in player interaction to ask a player to lower his wage demands. I do know it's not always selectable, so I'm not sure what circumstances need to come together for you to be able to use it. Alternatively, there is the 'lock' option is contract negotiations that you can select to let the player/agent know you won't offer any more money.

Welcome to the forums.

Agree 100% about point 1, especially the trial aspect.

Point 2 and 3: A lot of the work on players and clubs is done by unpaid researchers. Obviously the lower down the pyramid you go, the less information is available about players and the harder it gets to make it 100% accurate. If there is any specific details then have a look in the data issues forum and post in the thread (either club specific if there is one, or the general non league thread). Also if any players have been signed since the the game has been released then they won't be at the correct clubs as there hasn't been a database update yet for FM12.

Point 4, there is an option in player interaction to ask a player to lower his wage demands. I do know it's not always selectable, so I'm not sure what circumstances need to come together for you to be able to use it. Alternatively, there is the 'lock' option is contract negotiations that you can select to let the player/agent know you won't offer any more money.

Thanks mate and thanks for your reply, glad you agree with some of what im saying, i never knew they were unpaid, maybe SI could pay people to actually do it?! Its food for thought im sure, i only mean the bsp, and maybe bsn/bss, i love the non leagues like, i always think of ideas that could improve them :), my first point i would really like, oh and an England C team like they have in the non leagues would be brilliant!

The "Lower wage demands" option in player interaction was available once when i talked to an old player, probably because he would have demanded a higher wage had i not talked with him about this before i negotiated the contract. I guess it will appear if your club is in financial difficulties or when you get relegated. The players also seem to automatically ask for cut wages when you negotiate contracts with them after a certain age, presumably when they decline as footballers.

More for BSS/BSN than BSP, but players move so much more frequently than in the league, it is impossible for researchers to have all the latest moves in. In some cases, the same player can be released and re-signed several times during a season (or even the same week if injuries occur), you have dual registrations, non-contract players subject to 7-day approaches and more quirks not represented in FM.

The realism in BSS/BSN is fairly low, but reasonably so as it is near impossible to code all the weirdness that occurs, part-time players don't move country or region in real life for £30 a week as they couldn't afford to, in FM there is no world outside football so they may do so. Real life teams at this level also often start with a squad they can't afford for a whole season (for the cups) and release players if they exist the cups earlier than expected. Mid-table teams release players if they can't go up or down to teams fighting at either end and re-sign them after the season, there isn't the same transfer windows as BSP/higher, generally the fluidity of player movements cannot be recreated with the contract system in FM.

Essentially, BSS/BSN is handled in FM as if it is the same system as higher, when it really isn't. It is probably a reasonable abstraction given the massive amount of resources the engine would need to handle to have everything different for one minor level

Archived