Managing in a overseas league and getting a same national player as you..

Im managing Liverpool, im Irish and have just got a good Irish player through my YA thought it would be great if you could interact with the U/19 Irish international manager about the new talent. I know they will find out eventually but i still think it would be a nice thing to have.

Thoughts?

I think what he means is he would like to be able to say to the U/19 Ireland manager that there's a great lad at his club and that he should include him in his U/19 squad. I think it's an idea with merit - it could work much like agents flaunting their players where you would get a message in your inbox (if you were the international manager) saying that "X" manager thinks you should take a look at "Y" player in order to give him a better chance at getting a call up to the national team. Then again, that could end disastrously if you get 200 messages in one day from managers trying to get you to play their player in the national side. Would need work but where there's a will there's a way!

• 6 months later...
I think what he means is he would like to be able to say to the U/19 Ireland manager that there's a great lad at his club and that he should include him in his U/19 squad. I think it's an idea with merit - it could work much like agents flaunting their players where you would get a message in your inbox (if you were the international manager) saying that "X" manager thinks you should take a look at "Y" player in order to give him a better chance at getting a call up to the national team. Then again, that could end disastrously if you get 200 messages in one day from managers trying to get you to play their player in the national side. Would need work but where there's a will there's a way!

Thats exactly what i meant Dave80

Archived