Loans - A waste of time?

In this years version not once a player took a profit of his loan spell...I'm playing as Sunderland, normally send my players out to loan after one or two years of development at the club (Age 19-20, ability 2-2,5 stars). I have to send them to my feeder club (Derby, Championship), because noone else seems interested, but Derby has got good training facilities and a coach with 19 working with youngsters. Most of them play fairly well in the Championship, get constant raitings of 7-7,5, get elected as best young player of the month etc. But when they return, most of them didnt develop at all, they're potencial dropped and they say "loan was a complete waste of time". What am I doing wong?

If I send 18 years old with 1-1,5 atrs ability to the Championship, they aren't playing at all and clubs from first divisions aren't interested in loaning my players...

You need to be careful who you loan players out to.

You need to find clubs with good training facilities, a good manager and who are likely to play your player a lot.

The more work you put in, the more you get out.

Of course sometimes you don't really get to choose where to send them, in which case you have to decide if it would be worth going there.

im motherwell at the moment signing a lot of young players aged 16 to 19 most ranging from 1 - 3 star anyone who can not make my bench so i send them to my feeder clubs linfield ( northern irish premier) & albion rovers ( scottish division 2/3 alot of ups and downs over the 5 years) ... most of my players find it very worth wile although they are the best in these leagues and have top goalscorer young player of year etc id jus try get a better feeder club

Last year I sent all my players to my feeder club Derby, which has top training facilities, a top coach (working with youngsters: 19) and my players had 39 appearances with an average raiting of 7.15 and 35 appearances with an average raiting of 6.95.....you got some other ideas, what yould have gone wong?

Thanks

@PCurran: So probably a club in a weak top division, where they tear the league apart?

You also have to ensure that the players have a good personality or else it's pointless sending them on loan i must say that in my experience loans are very useful, i had a few players developed nicely while in loan on the Championship or League One but of course it could be a bug anyway.

Send them to the top division in an inactive nation. They improve faster.

Do they? They dont seem to whenever I do it, and your scouts are unable to give you match reports etc.

I have recently started loading up my feeder clubs league whenever I get a new one, just so I can get better match reports of my loaned players

Archived