Ok at least admit

There is some form of rubber banded mechanism in there. Some games are just predetermined. It might as well be predetermined because some hidden odds are that stacked against you, and you see no reason for that. I mean you can clearly see it. Some games, no matter how many times you load it, the inferior team always wins. It takes roughly 100 re-loads for you to grab a win.

Why are you still posting this rubbish? You've already had two threads closed on the same thing, there is no rubber banding at all in FM. Anyway your completely contradicting yourself, on the one hand you say the game is coded so you cannot win certain games, and yet you claim that you can win the game if you re-load 100 times, which is it?

Why are you still posting this rubbish? You've already had two threads closed on the same thing, there is no rubber banding at all in FM. Anyway your completely contradicting yourself, on the one hand you say the game is coded so you cannot win certain games, and yet you claim that you can win the game if you re-load 100 times, which is it?

Ha, spot on mate, if he's re-loading games lets face it he doesn't deserve FM

The games are predetermined in the fact the game engine calculates the match after tactics, team etc selected and then plays out the game. Any injuries / substitutions etc are then recalculated from that point

In terms of rubber banding do you actually know what this means? I really think if you are to be listened to making big statements then you need to back this up with examples. Seems to me you have the hump for losing one match

I disagree that games are predetermined in sense that "team x has to win no matter what". However I can't say I'm completely sold on the claim of no rubber banding whatsoever either. Let's face it, if the opposing team was given say a 15% boost in attributes for a certain match, there is almost no way you could prove it. Sometimes I save to a different file name and later replay a "suspicious" match a few times to see what would have happened with different team talks etc and some weird patterns do seem to emerge but it could also be all in my head as I would literally have to replay the game at least 100 times to draw any conclusions.

The issue I have is that I feel if it wasn't for the huge advantage we have over the AI when it comes to building squads, the AI would be doing to well in games considering how stupid they actually are. You can see so many baffling decisions AI managers make during matches and get away with it perhaps more often than they should.

No...

For losing one match...... 99 times!

Get it right skate ;):p

hahahahahahaahahaha he really does have a problem with FM doesnt he. There is definately some underlying pscological problem, maybe from a distrubed experience when younger that has lead him to have a personal vendetta against FM and everyone who has anything to do with it. Miles best watch his back MumboJumbo is coming

The games are predetermined in the fact the game engine calculates the match after tactics, team etc selected and then plays out the game. Any injuries / substitutions etc are then recalculated from that point

Tactical changes as well. In fact, it calculates it segment by segment. You have the opportunity to change something during every segment before the start of the next.Of course most people skip over most of the segments so this is a bit irrelevant for most of us.

Of course, the funny thing is, sometimes an AI team, or a couple of players, are just fired up for some reasons unknown to you, and unless you're a tactical genius or lucky, there's probably not much you can stop it, and they will get a result against you, even though you might perceive their team as being inferior. But that's the game for you. It doesn't try to simulate robots, it tries to simulate footballers, and the fact that it frustrates us so often is proof that it's doing a fairly reasonable job.

The hidden odds you speak of is probably the odds of your tactic winning against your opponents tactic. There is no such thing as unreasonable odds fixing, but there is calculation of tactic A vs tactic B. if your particular tactic gets directly countered by the opponents tactic, then you should be noticing this as the game flows and try to adjust accordingly.

You wont always get it right but thats part of the fun. You know, like, actually trying to manage.

I don't cheat. Just experimenting. In a previous version of the game I was able to manipulate it, ever single player on the field had a form of 10, for both teams, both teams would score right after the other, the game would always end with high scores, like 10:9, but the inferior team still won way more times, it always had to score that 1 extra goal. I still took lots of re-loads for me to grab a win.

Archived