DM Low Ratings

I'm Fiorentina and always play a DM but the DM hardly ever gets a high rating usualy spending a lot of time getting off a "6" in a match.

Is it meant to be harder for a DM to get high ratings?

(My DMs have been Kuzmanovic, Donadel and Alou Diarra)

I find that the key to getting your DM a good rating, is making his Individual player instructions set to "Center Back". I know not many people use, (or even know of) the "set to" specialized sections, but they work well in places, and making your DM play defensive sures up your team. He puts in good tackles and breaks up play, thus, giving him a good rating.

i play like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

FC

AMC AMC AMC

DMC DMC

DL DC DC DR

GK

</pre>

for some reason the DMC's have a reallllly high pass completion rate.

I think it is because the 2 wide AMC's go forward and get marked by the full backs, then the central AMC never goes forward (Even with an arrow for some reason) but he usually links up with the 2 DMC's to make a passing triangle.

I often see them just passing around going nowhere, but i get good stats on my DMC's, not sure about rankings at HT/FT but I have got the highest passing completion in the leagues more than once

Originally posted by profii:

Watch real DMCs such as Makalele - he plays loads of short passes around until a player makes a good opening to move forward. Given that their passing is largely unspectacular, they won't make key passes and usually not key tackles or headers since the DCs are there to do that. Therefore, his role is a mostly unsung one (hence Cantona's description of Deschamps as France's 'water-carrier'). That, I think is why they get lower average ratings. As long as they are doing their bit for the team, don't worry about a string of 7s.

IMO there are 2 types of DM,m one who is no nonsense and just cleans up and does his job, he gets low ratings and is undervalued but an important part of the team. and then there are creative DMs who dictate the play and get high ratings, this is usually when you have 2.

apart from makele noone has ever really raved about DM they are just there/

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

Don't know about that. What about Guardiola, Souness and Keano? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And Patrick Vieira

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

IMO there are 2 types of DM,m one who is no nonsense and just cleans up and does his job, he gets low ratings and is undervalued but an important part of the team. and then there are creative DMs who dictate the play and get high ratings, this is usually when you have 2.

Didier Deschamps?

Originally posted by BenOooo:

Senna has been one of spains best players this Euros. Hardly getting amention though.

I think all the commentators have given him plenty of airtime, not as much as the likes of Arshavin etc though.

Originally posted by profii:

i play like this:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">

FC

AMC AMC AMC

DMC DMC

DL DC DC DR

GK

</pre>

I think it is because the 2 wide AMC's go forward and get marked by the full backs, then the central AMC never goes forward (Even with an arrow for some reason) but he usually links up with the 2 DMC's to make a passing triangle.

I often see them just passing around going nowhere, but i get good stats on my DMC's, not sure about rankings at HT/FT but I have got the highest passing completion in the leagues more than once

I also use this formation for my Athletico MAdrid side in a network game. They seem to get forward alot and score a nice amount of goals. There pass complaetion as u said is also high.

Archived