should i sign?

I was looking through the list of players contracts who are expiring, and i came across this player:

pierremauryoverviewprof.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As you can see, he has good stats in all the right areas for a winger, however i usually like to sign players with high determination, and as you can see he only has 9 for this attribute. Do you think with his determination he would still be able to fulfill his potential, and should i sign him?

What's his personality like? He can be professional or fairly professional without having a high level of determination.

If he's "Balanced" with a media handling type of "level-headed" it's not bad either, not ideal but will still develop nicely.

His personality is balanced, and his media handling is friendly. So would you recommend that i get him then?

If he was level-headed it would ensure he had a decent level of professionalism, being balanced and media friendly(media friendly only means low controversy) it's somewhat of a gamble to be honest, can't really know how professional and ambitious he is without having a third party tool.

I would probably still sign him if he demands a low wage but wouldn't expect too much of him, i suppose you don't have anyone that can tutor him ?

sign him, you can tutor him with one of your players with high determination
If he was level-headed it would ensure he had a decent level of professionalism, being balanced and media friendly(media friendly only means low controversy) it's somewhat of a gamble to be honest, can't really know how professional and ambitious he is without having a third party tool.

I would probably still sign him if he demands a low wage but wouldn't expect too much of him, i suppose you don't have anyone that can tutor him ?

i've got a decent winger, who has 14 determination, but would that be good enough? he has 3.5 stars ability for my bristol city team in the PL.

His personality is balanced, and his media handling is friendly. So would you recommend that i get him then?

"Media-friendly" doesn't mean that he is a nice fellow. It means that he likes to say things that ends up on the front page of the scandal press, it's a rephrasing of "quote-friendly". It is not a particularly good media-handling style.

As for the player, he seems like a nice talent, depending on which club you are. 5 stars recommendation for him suggests to me that you are not in Ligue 1, though. In any case, the hidden mental attributes responsible for player development are Ambition and Professionalism. Determination helps a lot in the actual matches. If he is Balanced, with Determination of 9, this means neither his Ambition nor Professionalism are higher than 9, and that is very low. He should have 13+ in both to reach his full potential. So if you don't have Determined, Ambitious, Driven, Fairly Professional, Professional, Resolute, Resilient, Model Professional or other good personality tutors in your squad, it is not worth signing him.

Just a quick one for your to consider, do u have any other midfielder of better personality?

the tutor doesnt need to be identical position to the tutee, check if u can match him up with any other midfielder, tutoring only really effects hidden attributes and determination in my experience, so if u have AMC who is higher personality match them up :)

Archived