England Job

My application for the England post (in the game!) was laughed off even though I have won two premier league titles, a European Cup and an FA cup with Manchester United and my reputation is continental. I'm also English. Then they hired Stuart Pearce who is only got national rep'. I'm not bothered that I wasn't hired but that they ;aughed off my interest despite my success and reputation... any ideas/ Bug or something I've missed.

Interesting thread, points to a serious problem as far as I'm concerned. England are totally rubbish on my game too, ranked 20th in the world. Couldn't even qualift for the world cup in a very winnable group. finishing third behind Poland and Ukraine. It's definitely needs to be sorted. My game ran fine until Steam downloaded the 'patch' which has made my game worse.

I got the England job in 2020-ish all I had won was two Dutch league titles and a Dutch Cup, also led Wales tot he semi-finals of Euro 2018. This was on the latest patch, not saying there is not a problem as a lot of other people have complained about it. There is also a problem with the way you are laughed off, I was laughed off for two or three club jobs but within a week I was offered each one.

I think I remember reading somewhere that they knew about this and for some reason it was nearly impossible to get the job of you nationality.

I can not remember for certain if i read this but I am sure I did. Also I thought in the last patch they had fixed this, I am yet to find out but hope to do so soon.

Definitely something strange here. I was offered the England job from out of the blue after winning the Euro Cup. Eventually, I quit after losing to Brazil in the QF. Then they hired my replacement, sacked him after a week and offered the job to... me.

I laughed off their interest.

ahaha thats brilliant but does sound like something the FA would do in the real world!

Archived