Increasing team's reputation to sign better players...

Playing with Boreham Wood in FM2011 and got them promoted twice in the first two seasons. First from BS South was easy enough, second one was purely based on hitting form at the right time and going up through play offs on penalties (There were better teams than me and in the end it could be argued that I was lucky). I like to normally hang around in a league for a year before attempting to go up to ensure I do not come back down.

In League Two now and can't sign anyone that will improve my team because they either 1) Won't even consider talking to me or 2) Ask for crazy money. I did a similar thing with St. Albans and didn't have half as much trouble signing people so I am assuming it has to do with reputation?

Any way I can increase this?

Cheers.

P.S. If any one is curious the players I am trying to sign are primarily free transfered youths and younger players released from their contract (ranging from the Premiership to L2)

I'd think that you being in a league 2 the most obvious way to increase reputation is by keep winning games although the rate of increase is probably won't be as much as you'd need to sign a player that belong to a higher league. If I'm not mistaken your rep increases with every win, how big it increase depends on the competition reputation, so staying as long as you can on FA Cup would probably your best bet as a l2 team. As far as signing those players if you can't sign them then just wait, keep tab of them and a few months into the season check again the ones that are not yet signed and approach him, chances are he will now be willing to accept lower contract, his priority will change to play for a team :)

Archived