Registering a player outside the transfer window

you can't do it after the transfer/registration window is finished.. the only examples of people being able to play their signings, are when the players are under 21 as they dont need registration

You can register free transfers (players without clubs) at any time as long as you haven't reached the limit of 25 players registered.

• 1 month later...

I'm having something similar.

I'm Woking in League One, in Feb Yeovil (in the Blue Square Premier) made an offer to loan one of my players for a month.

I use him in my first team, but he's more of a back up.

Anyway into March and his loan as just finished, and perfect timing too, because I need him in my team due to injuries/fitness. But it says 'he cannot be registered for the next match'

I checked the 'squad registration' tab on the squad screen, and it says he's not registered.. and I can't register him either.

He was definitely given a place in my 25 squad in January, because he played a League One game for me, before I let him go out on loan.

Is this normal? If you let a player go out on a short term loan, they will lose their squad registration?

I don't think I'll be letting any more players out on a short loan.

I'm having something similar.

I'm Woking in League One, in Feb Yeovil (in the Blue Square Premier) made an offer to loan one of my players for a month.

I use him in my first team, but he's more of a back up.

Anyway into March and his loan as just finished, and perfect timing too, because I need him in my team due to injuries/fitness. But it says 'he cannot be registered for the next match'

I checked the 'squad registration' tab on the squad screen, and it says he's not registered.. and I can't register him either.

He was definitely given a place in my 25 squad in January, because he played a League One game for me, before I let him go out on loan.

Is this normal? If you let a player go out on a short term loan, they will lose their squad registration?

I don't think I'll be letting any more players out on a short loan.

You can still loan youngsters since they won't need to be registered though.

Don't know if that is how it works IRL regarding older players and loans.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure I can't having read this but just to be sure, it's March and I see Hamit Altintop available on a free. I have 25 players registered already, if I sign him, can I unregister one player and register him in their place? Cheers.

I have 25 players registered already, if I sign him, can I unregister one player and register him in their place

Don't think you can, it may be possible if you could "lose" a registered player, but the only way I can see of doing this outside a transfer window would be to Free Transfer someone registered... and then use their registration spot

Archived