Confidence

Im sure this has been raised plenty in the past but i just feel i need to raise the issue of board confidence again.

Playing as Sheffield Wednesday in 2017/18 season.

Having taken over the club from season one we are now argurably the best team in the world, numerous champions league wins, premiership, fa cup, league cup, club world championship, charity shelds... aswell as having top training/youth facilities and hillsborough being developed from 40,000 to 60,000 capacity and a rather healthy bank balance.

Understandably last season the board expected us to challenge for the title which we happened to lose by 1 point to Arsenal on the last day of the season, but still managed to win the champions league for the 2nd year in a row, win the league cup and runners up in the fa cup.

This year im currently top of the league by 2 points having played 14 games and until i just beat Palace 3-0 at home my job was actually 'insecure'!!!

How can this be?! I took the club from being a pretty mediocre championship club to being the best team in the world and im still winning trophies left right and centre?! Each year i have over achieved as well as clearing the clubs debts! Im not even on the clubs favorite person list?! Surely all of the above should guarantee me a job for life!

Sorry for the rant i just think it seems a tad unrealistic and wouldnt like to think my career (which im enjoying immensely) would be cut short becuase of something as silly as that.

Opinions welcome.

Originally posted by Ellisio:

Because i want to make sure the guys at FM correct it for FM09

I don't mean to be rude, but what makes you think adding another post will be the nail in the coffin for the confidence system?

As you say it has been widelty discussed already so i'm sure SI are fully aware of it's flaws and will be looking at it. As for having a real impact, take a screenie or save game in which the confidence bug has affected you and post it in the data forum so as they can look at it and see exactly what is wrong. The guys in there usually get back to with info on what you've said and whether or not it is being looked at for FM09.

As phnompenhandy says, they will be looking at it now i'm sure.

Well to be honest you are sounding a bit rude, i dont spend much time in the forums so i dont know how much it has been raised i just know that the time i have spent in here i've seen two or three posts about it.

I dont understand why so many people in here reply with cocky little comments, its pointless.

I agree Wilson7, hence why i posted this, it needs sorting! icon_smile.gif

I dont understand why so many people in here reply with cocky little comments, its pointless.

I agree Wilson7, hence why i posted this, it needs sorting! icon_smile.gif

The irony that their reply is pointless yet would have been avoided if a pointless thread had not been started.

Look i'm not being rude, really i'm not and as Wilson7 said you have been hard done by, it has happened to me as well and I echo the sentiment that ti should be fixed, but there is a search function and you could have easily found a thread alreayd pertaining to confidence using that.

Opening yet another thread just serves as a soapbox for the people who like to complain, and whilst i'm sure you are criticising in a constructive manner, it won't be long until the less constructive members arrive.

Originally posted by footynut:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ellisio:

I couldn't agree more! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the reason chaps....

Conficence and ****-ups

What annoys you most about the game?

Disappointed? Get some perspective?

What the Fudge?

Match Confidence Flawed

That's just a handfull of the threads I found after typing CONFIDENCE in the search engine, there were 63 pages of threads relating to the confidence feature and it's flaws.

Who cares? Jesus H. Christ getalife.com!!

I wanted to post my own thread, not add to someone elses, i have a right to and if i want to i will! thats the end of it.

Can other people please comment about my game only and not about whether its right or wrong that i decided to post my own thread and not add to older ones!

Can other people please comment about my game only

Oh stop being so precious icon_biggrin.gif

What do you want us to say? Yes it's unfair that your position was insecure, yes the confidence system is flawed icon_rolleyes.gif

i wasnt trying to be cocky, all i was saying s you have a lot more chance of people commenting on your game if you add to already made topics. im sure those people made thier threads in the first place so people comment on them, yet you are ingoring thier need for attention and starting your own. you are being a little selfish if you ask me.

LOL!!! some of the people on these forums are pathetic. A simple thread turns into a petty little playground argument, i posted a thread to get some constructive opinions and maybe share some stories with others, instead its turned out to be yet another waste of time posting on these forums.

Good day to you, you should get out more.

TBH this probably wouldn't have happened if you didn't post that you knew it had been posted before.

The confidence feature is terrible, really bad. I usually get annoyed with the same thread over and over again but with confidence I just expect it. It has to be fixed for FM09.

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

im pretty sure i would be sacked if i just went outside. icon_wink.gif

You like to think that, but would they even notice icon_biggrin.gif if I can get away with being on here all day then I could get away with going out.

Well , OP payed for the game, therefore he earned the right to post his opinion and/or observation.

It's up to SI to judge is it valid or not.

If it annoys someone, then they should skip the post and let him be.And if you don't agree with his opinion, you should still respect it.Thats what freedom of speech is about, after all.

I skip post that annoys me, instead of jumping on someone like immature 10 year old.

LOL!!! some of the people on these forums are pathetic. A simple thread turns into a petty little playground argument, i posted a thread to get some constructive opinions and maybe share some stories with others, instead its turned out to be yet another waste of time posting on these forums.

With posts like this all that's going to happen is that you'll get yourself banned.

1/ Everyone agrees with you - the feature is flawed

2/ Do a search before posting a topic - the reasons for this are many:

- Saves server space - many threads had to be deleted recently, if fewer people started multiple threads this wouldn't be as big an issue.

- Makes it easier for SI to fix things - if all the problems are in one place isn't that better for them???

- people who do use these forums regularly gfind it annoying to see the same topic 30 times.

3/ The reason people reacted badly to you is because you first stated you knew there were other threads, and yet chose to make another pointless one - just adding to one of the multitude of others would have been sufficient.

4/ There is no point saying tripe like "Can other people please comment about my game only" - you will be (rightly) laughed off.

And lastly 5/ IF YOU THINK THERE IS A BUG, POST IT IN THE BUGS FORUM. This is not questioning a game play mechanic, it is quite blatantly a bug. If you were to produce a systematic review of the board confidence feature then fair enough, however all you've done is stated one bug and then moaned and acted like a child when people have told you it's nothing new.

Can we close this thread now, it's gotten even more pointless, and i suspect the abuse will only get worse.

Originally posted by mlp071:

I skip post that annoys me, instead of jumping on someone like immature 10 year old.

My problem with this post is that it serves only to irritate and clog up the forum, as you can see from the quote below, I would welcome this sort of post in the data and bugs because it could only do good, but this is the wrong place for it.

As you say it has been widelty discussed already so i'm sure SI are fully aware of it's flaws and will be looking at it. As for having a real impact, take a screenie or save game in which the confidence bug has affected you and post it in the data forum so as they can look at it and see exactly what is wrong. The guys in there usually get back to with info on what you've said and whether or not it is being looked at for FM09.

Originally posted by Ascanius:

In Nep's big thread recently he mentioned the state of the forums, and people who have been here a while thinking they own the place.

He posted a new thread, so what?

As i've stated a lot of exceptionally useful threads had to be deleted recently to save server space - because people think it's their god given right to post the same thing 30 times.

The bottom line is this - SI know about this, the OP knew that this had already been raised, it is therefore pointless.

Ellisio, the confidence issue is well known at SI and im pretty sure it will be fully tweaked for FM2009, so dont be worrying!

To Nomis and co, let the mods do their job, you cause more clutter than any of the multiple posters by continuously going off topic in threads. Your last few posts have had nothing to do with FM. If the mods are concerned about multiple posts they will delete them, if not it's not your business to keep bumping them up the page with your sensless posts.

Ive been on here alot longer than most of you and thses kind of posts never existed in previous years, only by recent memebers.

Stop cluttering and come up with ideas and helpfull suggestions to improve our game or else use a chatroom icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Dar2000:

Ive been on here alot longer than most of you and thses kind of posts never existed in previous years, only by recent memebers.

Stop cluttering and come up with ideas and helpfull suggestions to improve our game or else use a chatroom icon_rolleyes.gif

i'm sorry do you want a medal or something?

Originally posted by Dar2000:

What like this?

Originally posted by Nomis07:

My problem with this post is that it serves only to irritate and clog up the forum, as you can see from the quote below, I would welcome this sort of post in the data and bugs because it could only do good, but this is the wrong place for it.

That was not directed at you by any means.

I see this as he needed to blow some steam off because he was frustrated.

He is most likely very aware that SI knows about it.

What else he can do ? Go and tell his family, "i just got confidence bug?"?

His only mistake is that he posted on forums that are one of the most immature ones on the internet.

Like i said , i do get tired of repeat posts , but i get even more tired of people(more likely kids) that only post flaming replies.

I skipped them both , which is what some children here should do to(again not you).

Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

im pretty sure i would be sacked if i just went outside. icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What, ever? Do you work in a missile silo, or something? If they have you chained to your desk i'm pretty sure you can file a grievance with your union. icon_biggrin.gif

im actually atlas, i could just go out with my friendsbut you know, im busy hlding up the world an all. tough job but someone has to do it. having to type with your toes is a little annoying though.

i dont think anyone has been too insulting when asking for people to use the search button, people on the gta forums for example are just rude, swearing ad everything. i think jumping on someone for starting a thread when there was one there about a month ago is a bit much but there is probaly 3 or 4 new threads about confindence every day.

i know ive done it before, was lazy and just started a new threas(search was taking ages on my 1950s pc, but someone came in and give me a link and the thread was closed. no fuss there.

Originally posted by mlp071:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nomis07:

That was not directed at you by any means.

I see this as he needed to blow some steam off because he was frustrated.

He is most likely very aware that SI knows about it.

What else he can do ? Go and tell his family, "i just got confidence bug?"?

His only mistake is that he posted on forums that are one of the most immature ones on the internet.

Like i said , i do get tired of repeat posts , but i get even more tired of people(more likely kids) that only post flaming replies.

I skipped them both , which is what some children here should do to(again not you). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

TBF if you consider the posts in this thread there has been noone other than the OP who has acted in any way childish.

There's only nomis, andy, turnitup and myself that have reacted negatively and you can hardly claim that the posts were in any way childish - so who eaxactly are you referring to?

Ellisio:

"some of the people on these forums are pathetic"

"A simple thread turns into a petty little playground argument"

"you should get out more"

"Who cares? Jesus H. Christ getalife.com!!"

"I wanted to post my own thread, not add to someone elses, i have a right to and if i want to i will! thats the end of it" - contrary to house rules.

"comment about my game only"

"I dont understand why so many people in here reply with cocky little comments"

As you can see, this is a classic forum cycle:

-OP starts thread

-people don't agree

-OP spits dummy

I agree with you mlp - there are childish users on these forums, however in this case the person you're defending is the only one who has behaved poorly.

My board at both Bremen and Fiorentina have suddenly flipped on their analysis of my performance with regard to their long term (well, 2 years) targets. My Bremen board were delighted last season that I had achieved the target of winning the Bundesliga ahead of schedule, but that delight has quickly vanished after I finished 2nd the following season and now they are not at all impressed icon_razz.gif Which is kind of fair enough on the one hand, but on the other hand you can't give a 2 year target to win the title, tell me your delighted I did it ahead of schedule first season and then blow yer stack when I finish 2nd the next season!

Fiorentina did the same, except their definition of a title challenge seemed to be me trundling home in 5th which they were delighted with as evidence of me "challenging for the title" last season. Now suddenly this season they are livid at me making no progress to those same long term targets.

Ah well, if they sack me I'll just chuck my laptop in the North Sea - no big deal icon_cool.gif

Thanks for the mature response mlp071, thats all i asked for.

It does seem that there is far too many immature people who use these forums and who kick off and act like they own the place! I think SI needs to sort these people out first before they kick off about people posting duplicate issues or posting in wrong forums.

I was indeed frustrated and dont believe i deserved the cocky and unhelpful responses i got from some (not all) people.

Thanks for the mature response mlp071, thats all i asked for.

It does seem that there is far too many immature people who use these forums and who kick off and act like they own the place! I think SI needs to sort these people out first before they kick off about people posting duplicate issues or posting in wrong forums.

I was indeed frustrated and dont believe i deserved the cocky and unhelpful responses i got from some (not all) people.

If you think people are behaving badly then report their posts - i maintain, consider your own behaviour first.

The one thing that annoys me most about confidence at the moment is the 'cup expectations'. Ok fair enough, if you are Man Utd or Chelsea, the board may have a right to say we want to reach the FA Cup Final, but for the board of a mid table team to say they expect the team to reach the 5th round of the FA Cup is unfair.

It's unfair becasue what if your drawn away to Man Utd in the 3rd round?? It's happened to me and the board have become unhappy becasue I didn't make it past the 3rd round despite a spirited performance at Old Trafford.

Also the fans upset over signings. I've signed a couple of back up players on free transfers who have proved valuble squad players but the fans and board get upset over it. Frustrating!

I like the new confidence system and im sure after it's tweaked will be greatly improved icon14.gif

Ched,

It wasnt an issue about people not agreeing, if you look above not once did they disagree with what i was saying, i dont have a problem with peoples opinions, what i have a problem with is when people try to cause trouble instantly with petty/cocky responses.

Thats the reason threads like this end up going off the rails of the original topic.

Ched,

It wasnt an issue about people not agreeing, if you look above not once did they disagree with what i was saying, i dont have a problem with peoples opinions, what i have a problem with is when people try to cause trouble instantly with petty/cocky responses.

Thats the reason threads like this end up going off the rails of the original topic.

Right, fair enough - there appears to have just been a little miss interpretation:

- i don't think nomis et al, intended in any way to sound cocky - i think you've just miss interpreted the manner in which their posts were meant.

Having read a lot of what they have to say, they don't generally behave in a cocky/petty way, and i think this is just a classic case of it being quite difficult to judge how something is meant.

Just in future, it's better to add to an existing thread, as iirc starting repeat threads is against forum rules, and we don't want you getting into trouble. Oh, and try to be a little less hasty when replying to what you think of as a "cocky" response - the mods won't take kindly to your replies.

Glad that's all sorted icon_biggrin.gif

BamBamBam - please shut up.

To get back this on the track.

Ellisio, i understand that you are frustrated, but unfortunately there is no remedy in this version of FM for you in this regard.As there is no remedy for several other issues.

It must be a huge letdown to spent hours(if not days) playing then your game goes into nothing due to some bug.

All i can say is that i run into same thing in FM '07, except it's not that much of the game breaking problem as it is in 08 because nature of the feature is different.

So we can all only hope that SI will fix this for '09 along with other problems.

Thanks, i dont know why all people just cant reply in that manner.

im sure nomis would have kindly pointed you to another thread, he only replied blunty because you stated that you knew there were threads but you felt the need to raise it again. you could have 'risen' the issue by bumping an old thread.

Sorry but I don't buy all this "I only reacted because someone was mean" crap. Below is my second comment on this thread, it is polite and steers you in the right direction yet you deemed it necessary to drag the discussion into the gutter.

As I have said previously, I do feel you were hard done by in your game but at the same time I honestly beleive you should have posted in the bugs forum. I say that not to be a stick in the mud but because I as much as anyone else want the confidence bug sorted for FM09 and the most likely way of achieving this is by posting in the bugs forum.

Originally posted by Nomis07:

I don't mean to be rude, but what makes you think adding another post will be the nail in the coffin for the confidence system?

As phnompenhandy says, they will be looking at it now i'm sure.

That was polite and informative yet Eisio and BamBamBam feel the need to react in the way only a cretin would.

Originally posted by Ched:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ellisio:

Ched,

Right, fair enough - there appears to have just been a little miss interpretation:

- i don't think nomis et al, intended in any way to sound cocky - i think you've just miss interpreted the manner in which their posts were meant.

Having read a lot of what they have to say, they don't generally behave in a cocky/petty way, and i think this is just a classic case of it being quite difficult to judge how something is meant.

Just in future, it's better to add to an existing thread, as iirc starting repeat threads is against forum rules, and we don't want you getting into trouble. Oh, and try to be a little less hasty when replying to what you think of as a "cocky" response - the mods won't take kindly to your replies.

Glad that's all sorted icon_biggrin.gif

BamBamBam - please shut up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errrr...

lol errrrr....... indeed.

You just can't help yourself can you?

The comment towards Bam was due to the fact he was needlessly abusive and if there weren't so few mods on these forums he would have been dealt with by now.

Grow up. Stop sulking when people disagree with you, and add to other threads rather than having to be the centre of attention.

I give up, hopefully we'll get a mod here to sort you two out and close this mess.

• SI Staff

Don't worry, it's something we're trying to make better and will be actively enforcing in the future so that people don't get jumped on if they post something that other people don't like. It's down to the moderators to decide what content should be closed or moved or whatever.

Some of the posts in this thread have been very disappointing and it's gone a bit off topic so I'm going to close this before people get themselves banned.

Ellisio - If you still feel the need to discuss this then it's probably best done in the Bugs Forum.

Archived