Can a 28 years old player regain his lost abillity?

In my game in Arsenal Wilshere was my best player and won golden Ball.. The next season he injured himself in Euro Super Cup game "broken foot" now its december midway and he came back from injury. I nursed him in 6/7 games (Club championship was great for him) but he plays badly and my scout reports say for him that from 4 star player he is 2.5 star player..

I peaked in the FMRTE (unpaid version) that his ability has dropped and right now he is 162/176 .. My quest is duo to his age is there hope for him to regain his stars abillity back if he is first team regular or this inury really killed his career

This I feel is a big issue. I have had a few players that have had injuries and not major ones and can never get up to being the player they were. Best example I had was Adam Johnson. Got injured with a hamstring for a couple of months. Came back but was hopeless and at the end of the season my scout said he was on the decline as a footballer,,,,,,at 27!! Several others have been the same and it's always after injuries which on the whole haven't been career threatening. Hope this is addressed in the patch.

ohh man pls let it not be true I will check Wilshere at the end of the season with the FMRTE if he has improved but I dont feel hopeful.. For example Vermaleen injured himself torn calf muscle for 3 months at the age of 31 .. He had 3.5 star as defender which is a lot and when he came back 3 months ago he had 2.5 stars and he never regained .. I said ok Injury struck him at old age ..I really hope Wilshere picks it up because my tactic was designed for him and not only that I spend 4 seasons learning unlearning his PPF to make him a killer he finished last season with 50 games 30 goals 24 assists ..

Had a central defender (Danilo Ferreira) rated at about 3 1/2 stars or so and was a consistent starter for me. He then injured his knee and missed about 8 months (I think he was 23 or 24 at the time.) His attributes eventually looked pretty similar to his original numbers, but it was obvious that he wasn't going to improve any further. Was now a 2 1/2 rated player potentially, though part of that may be a result of a couple stud defenders developing. Either way, he remained stuck on 2 stars for his current ability. Played well enough to earn his starting spot back after a year as my main defensive sub, and I finally sold him off this season as he's now capped for Canada.

Don't worry so much about his star ratings- just go by what he does on the field. Even after the injury, Ferreira was still averaging over a 7.0 for the season and I was satisfied with that.

8 months injury is a serious one thats like 10 months with the fitness regaining and etc. wilshere had 3 months off. I will see now he is fully fit i hope he starts banging goals/assists.. Problem is since i watch all my games I dont really see him playing with the ball

i think this is a huge issue in fm right now. if you get a player injured for more that 3 months he is basically done for. the same can be said of any player that don't get regular playing time. i find this extremely unrealistic and it's not cool. for instance, cassano was 29 years and 3,5 stars. then i didn't play him for 6 months and he was 2 stars. after 1 year he was 1,5 stars. still commanding a salary it was impossible to get rid of him.

essien is another one who is worthless now. fm is way too fixed on playing time as a way of development.

Not strictly true, i lost my main striker to an 8 month injury, took him 18 months to get back to the level he was at before, but he is now playing better than ever. Also if you dont play a player for more than a year what do you expect? I think its slightly more realistic this year, in previous versions there was very little would happen to any player with a long term injury, now you have to look after them and work on them to get them back to full fitness and ability. It may be a bit harsh at times, for older players especially but 3 month injuries do not end careers at all.

On a side note - stars are only in comparison to other players at your club.

For example, having Wileshire and then buying Messi will result in a large recommendation star drop for Wileshire.

I have no idea how you spell his name btw.

Archived