Job Applications Unsuccessful

I started my career as coach of Blackpool. In my first year I took them to a nPower Championship win, and an FA Cup triumph. The following year, to a League Cup win, FA Cup win, and 3rd in the Premier League. In my third year, Ferg left Manchester United to retire, so I applied for the post and succeeded. 8 seasons later, with 8 consecutive Premier League titles, 7 consecutive Champions League titles, and countless other trophies (including a world cup win as manager of England), I quit the Manchester Post to take a season off and focus on the Euro World Cup qualifiers with England. After taking the season off, I applied to be the manager of both West Ham and Arsenal after they had fired their previous managers, only to be denied of the job both times. I am confused as my resume is way better than it needs to be, and I hold the #1 position in the Global Hall of Fame. Can anyone clarify why my applications for manager of mid-range clubs are being denied? Any advice would be appreciated.

Update: I even started applying for every top league manager spot to open up, including OM and L'OL in France. Both applications were "not even considered" and I received news bits in my inbox saying that my applications were "laughed off" by the club's respective presidents. How can this be possible considering I am "World Class" and #1 in the global hall of fame?

I don't think there is an explanation. The obvious response is that only the true elite rich clubs could afford the wages of such a successful manager, but if you are openly applying for jobs, then I don't see how that applies. Being laughed off is mind boggling.

The only scenario I've had was when I was Man Unt manager and applied for the GB Olympic team, but was ridiculed for being desperate..... huh??

I've had problems applying for jobs too. I'm managing Vila Nova in Brazil and have done really well with them but can't get a sniff of a job in Europe (I want to leave primarily because the seasons are so long in Brazil). I'm only after Championship level jobs but can't get any from any country. If I apply for lower than that they can't afford the compensation.

It must be a bug which may be connected to you being employed at a nation only.

On a different save, I was employed as Scotland manager (only). I kept getting offered top division jobs (one being Aston Villa) after not exactly having a successful career.

I'm wondering if the game considers the human manager's reputation the same way it does everybody else's when making a decision. If you are described as world class then a lot of clubs will simply believe that they cannot afford you in either terms of wages or budgets and won't offer you the post. It doesn't describe Arsenal very well though because surely they could offer you a deal.

Archived