Another brilliant press conference. Journalist knows what he's talking about...

Playing as Cambridge, I've just been knocked out of the FA Cup playing away Bristol Rovers who at this time are top of League 1 and over 50 league places above me with a much better team and much better resources. It finished 3-1 and we were outplayed but didn't get thrashed. I'm very happy with my teams performance in fact.

Post match press conference. Journalist: After that defeat you must be thinking about changes.

Seriously?! Does the game even know who I played? Or what happened in the match?

Does anyone have any examples of a similar thing, perhaps against an EPL team? Would be interested to know if it's a thing throughout the press conference feature.

Every season. Apparently being clear at the top of the table still makes the game to avoid relegation 'the biggest game of the season' or something along those lines.

Really annoying as if you play it down (as any right minded manager expected and on course to deliver the league would), your players are dissapointed or unhappy with you!

Ruins the mood of the game, really hope its sorted out soon

I can't remember how long press conferences have been part of this game now but I know it's been for a while.

I'm absolutely gob smacked that SI have kept these in as they are absolutely shocking.same questions every time - they add nothing to the game at all because they are so poorly implemented.

I love FM it's a cracking game but considering most SI staff play this game, and the fact I have never seen anybody praise press conferences I have no idea why they haven't ditched them.

I can't remember how long press conferences have been part of this game now but I know it's been for a while.

I'm absolutely gob smacked that SI have kept these in as they are absolutely shocking.same questions every time - they add nothing to the game at all because they are so poorly implemented.

I love FM it's a cracking game but considering most SI staff play this game, and the fact I have never seen anybody praise press conferences I have no idea why they haven't ditched them.

Press conferences shouldn't be ditched, they are an important part of a managers job. What you should be asking is why have they been in so long and still suck?

Press conferences shouldn't be ditched, they are an important part of a managers job. What you should be asking is why have they been in so long and still suck?

PC's dont suck! In fact i think they are much better then PC's from FM2011.

But of course they are not perfect, so sometimes you see questions like the OP has mention.

I've noticed a few glaring mistakes in my game. I'm in my second season with Newcastle, finished 5th in my first season. I'm currently 7th in the league in my second season with around 9 or 10 games to go, I've beaten Man Utd to lift the League Cup (clubs first major trophy since '69!) and triumphed over Man City on away goals to reach the Europa League quarter final.

So it makes perfect sense that after a poor 1-1 draw with 2nd bottom West Ham, it's referred to as my most important game of the season so far in the post-match press conference...!

I think if you had won that game your team would be qualified for the next year European competitions, so that's why it may be seen as an important match.

With 9 or 10 games to go? I doubt that. And to an earlier poster who claimed that journalist's put questions in to trip you up? Is there any truth in that, or is this another case of blind-SI defending?

As to the OP, I suspect that it is a question that has looked purely at reputation, rather than form/match type and it happens a lot.

PC's dont suck! In fact i think they are much better then PC's from FM2011.

But of course they are not perfect, so sometimes you see questions like the OP has mention.

They are better, but not by much. There is much work needed to be done to improve them. And questions like that faced by the OP really shouldn't be bugging us all still. The feature has been with us since 07 IIRC and has made very little progress in that time. Nowhere near enough progress for my liking.

Press Conference questions are always the same, it makes me want to hurl trying to answer the same question for the millionth time. Thing is I can't send my ass man for it either because in the past FMs when you send in your Ass man to the PC and he give some stupid answer then your player would be unhappy, morale would get lower it's just stupid... Press Conference should be a optioned module if the player want press conference then by all mean use the option but if they don't want it then the player should have the option to turn it off

Press Conference questions are always the same, it makes me want to hurl trying to answer the same question for the millionth time. Thing is I can't send my ass man for it either because in the past FMs when you send in your Ass man to the PC and he give some stupid answer then your player would be unhappy, morale would get lower it's just stupid... Press Conference should be a optioned module if the player want press conference then by all mean use the option but if they don't want it then the player should have the option to turn it off

They aren't an option IRL though, so they should be in the game. Just done better.

They are better, but not by much. There is much work needed to be done to improve them. And questions like that faced by the OP really shouldn't be bugging us all still. The feature has been with us since 07 IIRC and has made very little progress in that time. Nowhere near enough progress for my liking.

I dont argue with this! :)

But i also think that much work has been done since 07.

IMO its one of the parts of the game that is harder to get it right. For once, you must have a huge amount of questions to avoid the "boring issue". On another hand, they are so many combination about a team performance (a so many factores to get into acount), that i think its really hard to make the right question at the right moment of the season.

And of course, there is the another issue:

-you can have 10 press conferences with 50 questions perfectly made by the game, and you dont care. And you can have in those 50 questions, one single question that doesn't make much sence... and immediately you will shout ..."jesus.. common....you stupid game"

I dont argue with this! :)

But i also think that much work has been done since 07.

IMO its one of the parts of the game that is harder to get it right. For once, you must have a huge amount of questions to avoid the "boring issue". On another hand, they are so many combination about a team performance (a so many factores to get into acount), that i think its really hard to make the right question at the right moment of the season.

And of course, there is the another issue:

-you can have 10 press conferences with 50 questions perfectly made by the game, and you dont care. And you can have in those 50 questions, one single question that doesn't make much sence... and immediately you will shout ..."jesus.. common....you stupid game"

Well said :)

Top of the league and just returned from a midweek Champions League quarter final against Real and was due to play at home against a team struggling to avoid relegation and the question was that the upcoming game was undoubtedly the biggest game of the season:confused:

Top of the league and just returned from a midweek Champions League quarter final against Real and was due to play at home against a team struggling to avoid relegation and the question was that the upcoming game was undoubtedly the biggest game of the season:confused:

:) again, this question is asked before a game that would be won leads to: avoiding relegation, retaining qualification to euro cups, or winning the title.

I do agree that if you are top of the league a win that makes your team to avoid relegation should not be considered as an important match.

Archived