Greyed out teams.. how do you beat 'em?

I think it must be some kind of bug in the game. Ive tried atleast 15-20 times to beat a team called waterford from Ireland in a pre-season friendly and even tho i dominate i always lose.

I wonder if it's the somthing in the game that makes it try to level the fairness for teams that have only greyed out playrs.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

i always play croydon athletic as my first friendly of the season every season and regularly trounce them 6,7,8,9-0 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

its maybe probably my tactics then:?

I dont have problems beating teams with real players tho, so i dunno whats happening icon_frown.gif

Do you have the latest patch installed? I remember that a lot of people were complaining when the game first came out that the current ability of grey players were too high. I think SI changed it in the latest patch.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by veston pants:

edge of sanity. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best. Band. Ever.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by medo24:

Do you have the latest patch installed? I remember that a lot of people were complaining when the game first came out that the current ability of grey players were too high. I think SI changed it in the latest patch. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

say that to the portugal under19 squad in my game. 15 year old winger with pace 18 dribbling 16 crossing 17 flair 16 creativity 17 he is one of the best players in the game and i cant but him....

If i knew how i would show you a pik of some of portugals youngters ronaldo would struggle to get in if they were called u to the senior squad

Well who are you playing as Veston? Waterford are a top division team in Ireland and the quality of the Irish league is not as low as some may think. If you are a BSP or BSS/N team then there is no reason why they might not beat you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

Well who are you playing as Veston? Waterford are a top division team in Ireland and the quality of the Irish league is not as low as some may think. If you are a BSP or BSS/N team then there is no reason why they might not beat you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I cheat. even if i'm playing a far better team i will usually be able to atleast get a draw if i keep replayin them. i have to say its annoying, but pretty funny not bein able to beat them.

i'm playing as everton at the mo'.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lee50_10:

im elgin in the scottish third devision and everytime i play against a grey lower league team they are favorites and always beat me, no matter how low they are </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just had a look in the editor, and there are 53 non league teams with a higher rep than Elgin. This might explain why they are always favorites.

Grey teams notoriously are hard to beat if they have a moderately high reputation partly because they seem to generate players with incredible statistics (go and see the players of that team). Even worse are teams that are "semi-grey" in the sense that they are a good team but they don't have a full squad loaded so the team is full of greys. Nothing is worse than having Porto take Quaresma off for some incredible striker who makes every other striker look awful...

If you are sure that you should be thrashing them (i.e. your reputation is national and the other one is obscure, yet they have incredibly good players), you can use an editor and knock down their reputation to about 1000, their training facilities and youth facilities back to 1. You'll still struggle to win perhaps and the odds will be such that you are 1-50 to win so if you don't win by 4-0 or more, the fans will be angry, but it means you'll at least have a fairly balanced game.

Getting knocked out of the UEFA Cup First Round by some obscure Finnish team whose reputation is worse than mine by far is no fun at all, especially when I'm on the wrong end of a 5-0 defeat and stuff.

The other advantage of the grey teams is that their players don't tire at all - their condition is always at 100%.

Sorry, but is this mainly to do with lower league managers, around the Blue Square level? I've played long-ish games as Leeds, Man City, Newcastle, Tottenham and Chelsea and have yet to lose to a grey team - part or otherwise - in any cup (although a couple in pre-season with Leeds).

If you're a prem team then it's most definitely your tactics (without irony). I know they're a lot better than they should be but any team from the Championship upwards should always be able to beat them.

Archived