Ukrainian league and lack of incoming transfers from abroad

This is my third game in Ukraine, and every time same thing happens - big Ukrainian teams (Shakhtar, Dynamo Kyiv, Metalist and Dnipro) don't buy players from abroad at all. They have loads of money, and had significant transfer activity irl from abroad, but in FM nothing happens. Years are passing, and they only occasionaly buy someone from other Ukrainian clubs.

Does anyone have different experience with Ukrainian league?

How many foreign players do they already have? I know it shouldn't happen but maybe they do not buy any more because of the restrictions?

I had the opposite in Saudi Arabia there is a limit on the number of foreign players you can have in the Asian Champions League yet the AI always signed players from abroad.

I don't have the Ukrainian leagues loaded, but these are the numbers of foreign players in the first team squads of those teams:

Shakhtar - 18/26

Dynamo Kyiv - 12/28

Metalist - 22/26 (with 16 Brazilians!)

Dnipro - 11/15

This is when?

I'm in 2016/2017 with the Ukrainian leagues loaded. Current foreign players in the first team squads of these teams are:

Shakhtar - 9/21

Dynamo Kiev - 7/24

Metalist - 11/28

Dnipro - 10/24

In the league overall, 32% of the players are foreign.

Do you have any figures from the beginning of the game, then we could compare? Although I'm 20 years behind Dafuge, it seems like if you don't have the league loaded they buy a lot more foreign players than domestic.

Ukrainian league will have a preference towards the Brazilian leagues, and home based players. If you look at IRL squads, most players are Ukrainian or South American (largely Brazilian, with the odd Argentine, Bolivian etc). There are a few African players too, Inkoom the most notable.

In three seasons Shakhtar bought 0 players, not a single domestic or foreign players. A lot of players were sold or left on free transfer, including couple of foreigners.

Dynamo both just 2 Ukrainian players during these 3 years, and because of their new affiliation with Man City 2 of City players were on loan at Dynamo. Also a whole bunch of players were sold.

Very similar situation with other clubs.

Shakhtar buying 0 players in 3 seasons is unrealistic beyond belief. Some of their top stars are reaching the end of their contracts next year. It will be interesting to see what happens if they don't sign the extensions.

• 1 month later...
In three seasons Shakhtar bought 0 players, not a single domestic or foreign players. A lot of players were sold or left on free transfer, including couple of foreigners.

Dynamo both just 2 Ukrainian players during these 3 years, and because of their new affiliation with Man City 2 of City players were on loan at Dynamo. Also a whole bunch of players were sold.

Very similar situation with other clubs.

Shakhtar buying 0 players in 3 seasons is unrealistic beyond belief. Some of their top stars are reaching the end of their contracts next year. It will be interesting to see what happens if they don't sign the extensions.

wanted to second this notion, had just signed for metalist and looking over the other teams transfer activities most teams had like 5-8 transfers in 4 years and most of those between ukrainian clubs and very, very few players from abroad.

wanted to second this notion, had just signed for metalist and looking over the other teams transfer activities most teams had like 5-8 transfers in 4 years and most of those between ukrainian clubs and very, very few players from abroad.

I was offered the Shakhtar job before at the end of season 3 and they had more than £60 available for transfers and hadn't signed a single player. That is a completely weird situation.

the russian league has similar problems btw, in 2016 teams like Anji have greyed out fake players (depsite russia bein playable league for me) . Most teams don´t have more than a handfull of guys in the reserves as well.

Like with the ucraine, little transfer activity.

Archived