Crazy finance boost from pre-season friendlies!

I got my hometown club Worcester City promoted to the Blue Square Bet Premier division and during the pre-season i decided (on a whim) to try and host a few friendly cups and try and get some Gate receipt boosts and the results were incredible and i highly suggest this method if you are looking for a 'get rich quick scheme'. Already i have asked the club for improved youth facilities and they have agreed to it at a cost of £350,000. Just mental for a club who only spend £5,500 a week on wages.

I'm wondering if anyone else has done something like this and how it affected their club?

t82612.jpg

2wq8hoh.jpg

I try to have a friendly every second day through most of the pre-season and every third day closer to the start of the season for tiredness reasons. Always at home to the highest reputation teams that will come to me. It does provide a nice finance boost.

Who did you play against? I could never get any decent teams to play me when I was in the Conference Premier with Worcester :(

osbkmq.png

Really did go for it to be honest :lol:

Maybe because i did competitions rather than one off games? Not too sure, although i did reach FA Cup 4th round first season, might of helped? Also in the league and cups you don't always play but the other teams involved play eachother at your stadium which usually gets full houses.

done it with derry city in ireland must a been fm 10 or 11 always played american teams as there season finish at end of summer as mine did they didnt have as many teams to play agains and always accepted and there reputation was huge compared to me used to make around 400k nearly a cup and always tryed to have a couple of cups its the only way to make money until your able to do well in cups

I did this back on FM 11 once but it kinda felt like cheating, rather do it the hard way

I understand where your coming from i suppose but its not unrealistic to get the fixtures because in real lifei have been down the lane to see us play vs Stoke, Sheff Utd and other teams, the only thing i would say is the game attendances are a tad high.

I mean, ya, you might see a lower league team play a high reputation team one a pre-season, but I think you'd be hard pressed to find a tournament hosted by a lower league team attended by teams like Everton and Norwich. So in that respect it is highly unrealistic, but it is your game so play as you like.

Archived