players change their positions...HOW and WHY

well, im working with same assistant man for 3-4seasons now, so probably if they changed so often their attitudes is because of the personal training, usually i follow what my coaches suggest me about the INDIVIDUAL TRAINING FOCUS...

i ve also noticed that one of my midfielders who was used to be a central midfielder when i bought him has became a APDVANCED PLAYMAKER after a few matches and been for the whole season, now i ve started a new season and he ´s , once again, a central midfielder...

id like the players to stick more with their original attitudes at least those from the startin 11 especially the forwards, indeed i play with 3strikers, 2of them have to be poachers one of them(the central one)is a targed man (or a complete forward)now i ve got 3poachers and this is messing me around ALOT :/

suggestions?

ps i ve got a new coach for the attacking and technical area...dunno if relevant

Unfortunately you can't stop attribute changes. Players improve/decline in attributes due to age. As I've already said, don't just take your assistants word for it, after all it's just his opinion. Even the best assistant in the world with all 20's will never be 100% accurate. Look at the players attributes yourself to see if they still fit in with your tactics.

If after looking at their attributes, you decide that they can't fit the role you want them to, then your options are change tactics, sell the players or try retraining. Although if their attributes have declined due to age then retraining won't get them back.

Just because your assistant says that a player's best role isn't as a poacher, that doesn't mean you can't keep playing him as a poacher, if that's what's getting you goals. I only use use the assistant's opinion about my players as a rough guide, and only rarely do they play that specific role and duty in my tactics. Attributes, and ultimately how the players are performing on the pitch, are always more important.

Edit: Also, concerning individual training focus - I never listen to my staff, it only encourages them. ;)

is it possible that if i ll make play my central striker (who´s a poacher now) as a TARGET MAN he ll be a TARGET MAN again any time soon?

cos really i cant afford buying a new striker (target man) just cos my target man decided that now it s time for him to net some goals...

i need him to pass the ball more than scoring, u know my 2poachers (right and left strikers) are those who have to score...but now...IM HAVING 3POACHERS?!?! nooo way!

i hope that forcing him to play as a target man he´ll be a target man soon...any idea? :/

andy... just because the assistant says his best position is poacher... doesnt mean you should trust or listen to him... its an opinion ... and could be a very bad one depending on your assistant.. YOU'RE the manager.. YOU make the decisions... you just use your staffs opinions as a guide and then make up you're own mind...

him changing his mind about a players position is probably due to the striker being adequate at both roles and when you ask him.. it re-rolls and he comes up with a different answer ..

mije :

yes i do complain as i do play wity this tactic :

gk

lb cd cd rb

cm cm cm

st st st

now u can understand that u cannot play with 3 poachers one of them needs to be the one who does PASS, indeed my central cm is a BALL WINNER MIDF. with defensive duties so basically an anchor man,

so now if my target man wants to be a pocher im nt happy at all for the simple reason i wont have my last pass man anymore!

maystor : believe me or not i do let em play according to their best roles n duties, ofc i look for roles n duties during the market, i do have an idea of football i want to produce so i know what characteristic my players they need to have...so once i have em i let em play according to their fav roles n duties...

in real football we ve seen TOO many examples of great players playing sh*t due to wrong position - duty...

an example : THIERRY HENRY before becoming one of the most amazing strikers ever he had a season @juventus turin...they were making him play as a left winger...

i do not want to do that...i want my players to be able to express their potential freely...

so guys, do u reckon that if my target man who wants to be a poacher now is going to play as a target man anyway he ll get used to it and eventually becoming a target man as he was used to be?

Your example of Henry is exactly what we are all trying to explain to you.

All his coaches etc were saying he should be a winger, but Wenger looked at his attributes and ignored all that advice and turned him into a central striker. (Obviously I have over simplified this but you get the idea)

So in FM just think of your assman as the coaches and you as Wenger. Sometimes you just need to ignore their advice and look at the player's attributes to make up your own mind.

I hardly ever look at the assistant man's recommended roles, to be honest. I know what roles I need players to fill in my various tactical setups, and I sign and train players to fill one or more of those roles. I think if my ass man had his way, a third of my team would be target men (including my AMR/AML wide forwards), and a third would be centre-half stoppers. I ignore that.

Your ass man's suggestion of what role your players should play is a helping hand for people that's new to the game imo. Once people are used to the game and can recognize what attributes important for each role they'll no longer need to read the assistant's opinion to know what role the player should play.

mije :

yes i do complain as i do play wity this tactic :

gk

lb cd cd rb

cm cm cm

st st st

now u can understand that u cannot play with 3 poachers one of them needs to be the one who does PASS, indeed my central cm is a BALL WINNER MIDF. with defensive duties so basically an anchor man,

so now if my target man wants to be a pocher im nt happy at all for the simple reason i wont have my last pass man anymore!

maystor : believe me or not i do let em play according to their best roles n duties, ofc i look for roles n duties during the market, i do have an idea of football i want to produce so i know what characteristic my players they need to have...so once i have em i let em play according to their fav roles n duties...

in real football we ve seen TOO many examples of great players playing sh*t due to wrong position - duty...

an example : THIERRY HENRY before becoming one of the most amazing strikers ever he had a season @juventus turin...they were making him play as a left winger...

i do not want to do that...i want my players to be able to express their potential freely...

so guys, do u reckon that if my target man who wants to be a poacher now is going to play as a target man anyway he ll get used to it and eventually becoming a target man as he was used to be?

You're not really listening to what people are telling you.

Your striker does not want to be a target man, a poacher or any other particular role. He is a STRIKER. Your assistant manager is giving his recommendation that he plays best as a poacher, but this doesn't mean he cannot play equally well as a target man. These recommendations are just based on the key attributes for the role and is not telling you "This guy is a poacher, not a target man."

Just look at his attributes - if he has good target man attributes then play him as such.

I tend to ignore my assistant's advice, otherwise all my DCs will be ball-playing defenders with a cover role, full-backs will all be attacking and all central midfielders would be advanced playmakers and my tactics wouldn't work.

i was thinking what the heck? when i first saw this thread, tbh didnt even know assistant gave this advice

any striker can play any role, for example i use my target man in poacher role if i play lone striker, aslong as attributes are good enough they can play their

i was actually expecting to see your DMC turned into AML or something haha

Obviously, well not so much, your assman's reports are related to your players development and this is the reason you see these changes.

You may also, effect his reports when using an individual training schedule to increase a critical attribute of a player, like creativity. Then,your assistant will suggest a support duty rather than an attack duty after some months for the player you had in your individual training schedule, if it was successful and he gained creativity.

But overall your staff reports are more complex. I suppose they are related to your training and tactics and their attributes.

sometimes the ass.man. says when giving me a report of the training

"needs a new challenge"

i take it as BORED, rite?

Hah! I haven't seen that! You may be right. :)

Still, I wouldn't change up the individual training all that often, for the simple reason that it takes such a long time for attributes to improve. I'd say keep it the same for at least half a season or a season in order to get good effect. Also, make sure that you really focus on attributes that are important to the role that you want the player to play.

With individual training schedules it is possible you will see the potential ability also increase in your ass.man. report. If your individual training schedule, that focus onto a specific area of the game, does not have any area of training to none or light workload you can keep them there for a season or more, until your player become well rounded.

Archived