Should I Blame My Reputation?

Hi lads, just a little question. I have my reputation set as Sunday League Footballer at the moment and I'm noticing the reaction to my team talks are a lot more negative than when I was on Professional Footballer reputation. Is this just me being paranoid or could it be my reputation that's to blame (as well as poor management perhaps?). My results have been pretty good, it's just I'd like to be able to keep my players morale high. Thank you in advance.

Yep it is your reputation. The players are much more likely to pay attention to someone who has been there, done that, than someone who has little to no experience in the game.

You should notice an improved impact as you keep winning games and get promoted/win cups.

I have the same sunday league footballer rep and I have a couple of guys on trial who have higher reps. The motivation widget says they are struggling to motivate themselves to play for someone with such a low reputation. I suspect I won't sign them now as in a previous save after a successful promotion I had a lot of dissent in the ranks after a few poor results. It all kicked off after a player with a much higher rep said he had no confidence in me and the the rest of the squad seemed to follow like sheep even though I was a legend according to them the season before!!!

Archived