Getting into players' favored personnel list

Just want to check whether everyone is having this problem. It seems to be really hard to get into players' favored personnel list in 2012 compared to 2011. In 2011, by the second season most of the players will have you in their favored personnel list, but in 2012, just a bare few have it. Does anyone have any idea what standard procedure we have to follow to get into their list?

Younger players seem to love me more than older ones. I gave my 18 year old back up goalie a game because my first choice was out with the flu, and wham, I was on his list right away. An 18 year old DC who I've been playing a bit is crazy about me too. The older and more blasé players seem to be harder to seduce.

I've actually found it to be quite the opposite, although mostly in the lower leagues. But then I think dominating the league helps. And after pretty much every 8 or higher i tell the player they've done well in the game/recent form, which slowly but surely bumps you up in their favoured personnel (value out of 100). Bought aging ex-Socceroo captain Craig Moore for my Victorian Division 1 team, and after winning the league i was under his favoured personnel. Giving them the captaincy helps.

edit: What Baggy said. Success brings you all closer.

it is correct

in FM11 if I won the championship from the first season, 90% of the players liked me

in FM12 this is not the case, currently in the 3rd season and only 10-15% old players like me, but if you want to get players to like you, you have to praise them when they play good, for example they have a rating 7,4 you praise them through private chat, then if they repeat the good performances you can praise them again, you have to do it consistently but beware some players may get complacent after you praise them and not perform well

also you can sign players recommended by them or staff

All my new youth candidates had me as their favoured personnel, I can't bare to release them though.

Aww... I can just picture them. New youth candidates are just so cute, aren't they? Like a batch of newly hatched chickens.

You have to be tough in this job, though. If they're not up to scratch, it's off with their heads.

Archived