how to make a player happy after bad relation?

i am coaching Real Madrid and I have bad relations with Sergio Ramos and he is refusing to talk or renew his contract now

i dont know how to make him happy again since he refuse to even talk

any ideas??

is he gonna start to talk and get happy after a while? or is he gonna refuse to talk and be unhappy with me forever now??

his contract ends in 2 years so i have time

I had this with Lahm in FM11, after he became unhappy about "lack of discipline" or something. Took him two years to stop with the snarky comments when invited to private chat.

Basically, time heals all wounds, but if his contract is running out...:(

I guess it depends what they're unhappy about. Abdallah Yaisien was pissed at me for having too many players who could play in the AMC position despite the fact that I was pretty much rotating him and Valbuena, the rest were youth/reserve or players who I played wide (AML/R).

After a few months of him realising he was in my first eleven & I loaned out & sold a couple of useless reserve players, he asked to be taken off the transfer list.

If Ramos is unhappy about a lack of games, give him games or sell him if he doesn't feature in your plans.

If Ramos is unhappy about too much competition for places, sell someone else who plays in his position who you don't need.

If Ramos is unhappy that you offered him a lesser wage than he wanted on a contract, I guess hope for the best & offer him a new deal in a few months time if he's willing to talk then. Since he's got two years left on his contract, you've got plenty of time.

Lack of discipline, just start fining players who get straight red cards. :p

I tend to take quite a hard line with players who are being stroppy, even if they're fan favourites or love the club.

In similar situations, when talks have gone completely the wrong way, I tend to put the player on the transfer list, change their status to "not needed" and drop them from the team. If they love the club, that's as big a kick up the backside you could give them. More often than not, they end up coming back to you within a week or two, asking to stay.

Leave him , he will turn around, his contract ends in 2 years so you have time.

He is just frustrated because he doesn't play??

Or release him, if he refuses to even talk he doesn’t necessarily qualify as macho. You want players who are secure enough in their manhood to love other opinions. :p

You are way better off fining every player for straight reds & risking the (very occasional) unhappy player, than not fining & risking widespread dissatisfaction because of the lack of discipline. at the club.

In the particular case of Ramos, I would play him as normal & keep out of his way. I suspect he'll come around. Like another poster says, he loves the club.

Archived